Chapter 18

Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mingyu laid on the ground of the rooftop where he had chosen to be his secret place to be alone. He really needed some place where he can get fresh air to let himself free without controlling his pheromones so he can relax and calm down. What happened recently was really stressing him up and it was really hard for him to focus on his lectures. Thank god most of the exams are over. He only need to sit for one more and submit one report before the term ends.

 

He closed his eyes and almost fell asleep before realizing a strong scent getting closer. Ignoring it to focus on meditating, he heard the door slammed open and looked over. It was Wonwoo. Almost immediately, every single thing that happened came flooding in, and Mingyu found himself holding back his anger. ‘Wonwoo? What the are you doing here?’

 

‘Mingyu…’ He replied weakly and Mingyu rolled his eyes, getting up to leave. He didn’t want to be in the same place as the proud beta. To think that he had been chasing the guy made him feel pathetic.

 

‘Mingyu… I don’t feel good…’ Wonwoo spoke between breath. He was really heating up and feeling very light-headed. Grabbing the nearest wall, he slowly sat down and leaned against it, letting his legs rest. Mingyu was about to pass by him but slowed his pace before stopping completely. The strong scent he sensed a few minutes ago was definitely coming from Wonwoo…

 

Putting two and two together, he realized what he thought was impossible. Jeon Wonwoo, is an omega, and Mingyu is addicted to his scent.

 

The alpha just stared, wide-eyed at the man who was not moving anymore. Suddenly a lot of questions popped up. ‘Jeon Wonwoo…’ he tried. This was all really sudden. ‘Yah Jeon Wonwoo!’ He called again, afraid to close their distance. This much pheromones released could only mean one thing and he did not plan on getting tangled in this mess. Not after what happened between them.

 

Not caring to wait for a response anymore, he proceeded to ask his question, ‘A-are you an o-omega?’

 

 He needed to hear it from the man himself because this was really hard to digest, and he hoped he was wrong. All his senses might have gone haywire due to extreme stress. Yes, that could be it. 

 

Wonwoo did not seemed pleased with the question but his expression confirmed the alpha’s suspicion. That really bothered him because the former did not had any scent on him before this day. And yet, here he was, releasing them generously, enough to entice Mingyu.

 

Mingyu scratched his neck in annoyance with the lack of answer. What was he expecting? This was Wonwoo, the man with few words. Of course he wouldn’t say anything. Mingyu decided to ignore him. The man made it clear about not wanting to be in his presence, and Mingyu was no longer the persistent, desperate puppy he once was. He already made his choice so Mingyu had no business with him. He started to walk away, down the staircase.

 

 

What was he doing there anyway? He seemed comfortable enough to stay there so did that mean… Was Wonwoo nesting there? Out there in the open? Where other alphas can freely grab him and do anything they want to him? Mingyu looked back up the stairs, he couldn’t see Wonwoo but the scent was strong enough to be noticed even from where he was. The thing was, judging from his appearance and self control, he was obviously on his first day but this strong scent would usually by emitted during the peak of the heat. What in the world was happening?

 

‘Tsk. Whatever.’ He continued his step downwards. He stopped again, not feeling that great about leaving a weak omega in the open. If anything were to happen, he would be partially responsible. No matter how much he hates Korean omegas, they would still be the one who would carry his future child since his parents wouldn’t let him marry foreigners. And he knows really well how stupid omegas in heat will act - his first ual experience was with a young omega in heat, wandering outside, clearly out of it, begging him for release. And being a young teenager raging with hormones, he acted without thinking. But he is no longer a careless teenager, he is now an adult with self control and sense of responsibility, who knows better than to let an intoxicated omega get himself in trouble. ‘Jesus. Hurh.’ He got back up again.

 

As expected, Wonwoo was at the same position, against the wall, hiding his face between his knees. Exhaling softly, half-annoyed, he called out, ‘Wonwoo… what are you doing here?’

 

‘I can’t move… it hurts…’

 

‘Where does it hurts?’ He sat in front of the omega, noticing the intense pheromones that would make any alpha crazy. He, too, despite his usual ability to control himself, found himself getting excited. It was just a matter of time before the others detect him and start to swarm this place. Wonwoo struggled with his words, but Mingyu could make up the word ‘stomach’. Though he knew that was not where it was supposed to hurt, he played along. ‘You wanna go to the doctor’s?’

 

Wonwoo shook his head. ‘Home? Your room? I can bring you to your room.’

 

‘No… I don’t know…’ Wonwoo pulled his legs nearer to his chest and hugged them tightly. He didn’t want to see the doctor because he knew this was something about the changes in his body to an omega, and he hated it. He refused to listen to anything that remind him of his change. But he was really dizzy right now, the air around him sent shivers every time they hit his skin and his stomach tightened so much he almost couldn’t feel his legs. He just wanted to stay here, unmoving. Just here.

 

‘Hey… we can’t stay here. It’s dangerous…’ Mingyu tried to sit closer once he heard a soft whimper coming from Wonwoo. What is it with this guy that made Mingyu so overly concern about his wellbeing? He usually find this kind of people annoying and would usually just ignore them. ‘Let’s get you to your room, okay?’

 

‘No! I don’t wanna go back there…’

 

‘What do you wanna do then?’ He accidentally raised his voice and noticed the other shrinking even more as a result. There was a long pause and Mingyu felt really nervous. This was really stupid. Wonwoo was acting really stupid. Didn’t he know the risk of an omega in heat being out in the open like this? What if he had stumbled upon another alpha instead of him? ‘I just… wanna stay here…’

 

‘You can’t Wonwoo!!!’ Mingyu sighed and inhaled deeply. This is getting ridiculous. He should just leave him be. It was not as if they were in good term anyway. He should not care. ‘Fine. Whatever. You know what you’re getting yourself into right? Suit yourself.’

 

He was about to take his leave again when he heard a muffled cry in between Wonwoo’s knees. The man was really crying and was trying really hard to hold it in. ‘What’s happening to me? I don’t… I don’t know…’

 

‘You ing serious? Are you kidding me?’ Mingyu almost screamed but settled with raising his voice again instead. ‘You’re in ing heat Wonwoo! Are you that stupid or what?’ He paused at a sudden realization, ‘Is this one of you desperate act to sleep with me?’

 

Mingyu just stood there waiting for an answer. He might have hit a bullseye. Wonwoo might have figured out who he is and was now desperate to take him back, like all the other pathetic omegas trying to get him as their mate. What he did not expect was Wonwoo standing up on his weak legs and stumbled away, trying to go down the stairs in spite being all wobbly. ‘Yahh, where are you going?’

 

No answer.

 

‘Yaah!! Jeon Wonwoo!’ He pushed the man towards the wall, placing both his hands on each side of Wonwoo’s head, making a barrier in case the man falls down. He noticed the tears flowing down the man’s flushed face before a look of pure horror replaced it. Wonwoo started to scream and pushed Mingyu’s face away from him with his other hand on his shoulder doing the same, although it didn’t make any difference because he was too weak. It did, however, startled Mingyu, who pushed himself and step backwards a few steps away from the horrified man. ‘I’m sorry… I wasn’t trying to…’

 

Mingyu noticed the scent getting stronger, more than he thought was possible, and realized it was because it was mixed with fear. Unfortunately, his own body was starting to betray himself by reacting to it despite him feeling sorry for what he did. He heard omegas do that when they feel threatened to attract their mate or other alphas to help them but he thought it was merely old wives’ tale. Because no omegas were able to do that. Maybe, if they were scared to the extreme, but he never met one who had. And even if it was possible, doing it during their heat would be suicide considering how the alphas would want to mate with them instead.

 

‘Yaah… c-calm down.’ He tried to assure the other but he, himself was a bit shaken with that experience. On the other hand, Wonwoo already made himself down the stairs without looking back. ‘Where are you going?’

 

‘Somewhere...’

 

‘You can’t… Jesus! You need to be indoors you hear me?’ Mingyu stared at the back of Wonwoo. The man really seemed like he believed it was only a severe case of a stomach ache and Mingyu was worried that he might attract the wrong attention while being out in the open. Furthermore, it didn’t seem like he was going to his room from the looks of it, he might try to go to the lake. Mingyu was sure he would get himself lost again though. Because Jeon Wonwoo is just a complicated person who is a bit oblivious to his surroundings. Without thinking, Mingyu grabbed Wonwoo and carried him bridal style down the stairs. He was expecting a fight but was surprised when the man just rest his head on his chest instead, nuzzling it. ‘Where are we going?’

 

‘Somewhere safe.’

 

*****

 

. He brought Wonwoo back to his apartment. What the hell was he thinking?

 

And now Wonwoo was in his bedroom. All alone while Mingyu was outside pacing back and forth in front of his television. Wonwoo’s scent got weaker compared to ahalf an hour ago but that was because he had calmed down a bit.  But what about tomorrow? And the day after? What about during his peak? What should Mingyu do? Just sit in in front of the television waiting for it to pass? He wasn’t sure he was that strong. This was the first time he ever felt tempted towards an omega since his return, in fact, this was the first time he ever felt like losing control just by being in the presence of an omega in heat and that puzzled him. Nobody ever have that effect over him, atleast not after he learn how to control himself. But Jeon Wonwoo... He was already attracted to him when he was supposed to be a beta, and now that he is an omega, Mingyu realized he was loving the man's scent as well. And above all of that, he was now in heat, in Mingyu's room. His alluring scent jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter