CHAPTER 02: You Don't Mean

WALK ON MEMORIES

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo tried wiping away the blood from their hands. They already washed it away but the sickening feelings made them rub their skins more until it turned red. They're all slumped at the waiting area after their sunbaenims dropped them in the hospital. Their SHINee sunbaenims were the ones who went with Baekhyun when he was admitted and brought to the emergency room which was already an hour and half ago. Their Super Junior sunbaenims brought them to the hospital and the two groups left after a reassuring nod from the leader.

Lots of calls bombarded their phones from different idol groups they're close with even if outside of their company. Sehun and Jongin were being cradled by Jongdae and Minseok as the maknaes leaned their heads to their hyungs after adrenaline left their bodies. Junmyeon was patting the heads of the rapper and vocalist.

After a little while, a doctor went out of the emergency room. "Byun Baekhyun-ssi?" The man in white asked and they all nodded. They were lead to a private room and they all walked towards it with heavy feet.

"I'll be honest with you, Baekhyun-ssi sustained major injuries especially in his head. I'm surprised to hear that he didn't lose consciousness after being hit. He is still in a critical state however Baekhyun-ssi is strong and he is fighting towards recovery. But please prepare yourselves for possible complications. It was a major concussion." The doctor explained and they all released shuddering breaths. "W-what kind of complication?" Junmyeon stuttered.

The doctor gave them a sad look. "He is likely to have brain damage." They felt tears run down their faces. "However, it's just a possibility. It's already past visting hours but I can let you see him outside the room. They all nodded and followed the doctor.

As soon as the view of their fellow idol can be seen through the large window in the intensive care unit, they felt their hearts stop. Baekhyun's head was wrapped in bandages as well as some parts of his body. His leg was wrapped tightly as well as his arm indicating fracture. He was so pale it can put the color of the sheets in shame. An oxygen mask was placed on his nose and mouth while he was connected to multiple apparatuses.

Their tears continued flowing silently until they can't bear the sight and decided to leave with heavy hearts. That night in the dorm was the most silent and sleepless night they ever had.

-----------------------------------------------