CHAPTER 05: I Like It

WALK ON MEMORIES

Baekhyun stepped inside the dorm only to find himself falling if not for the quick hold of the maknae line. "Hyung?! Are you okay?!" The two asked loudly in panic. The others who went first ran back to find Baekhyun breathing heavily while being supported by the maknae line's arms. "Mianhae." He murmured breathlessly. Jongin and Sehun slowly assisted their hyung to the couch and Baekhyun leaned his head back, his torso feeling the fluffy pillow prick his bruised skin. 

"Do you want the same room or do you want to exchange rooms to the member you're comfortable with?" Junmyeon asked, sitting beside the beagle line bacon. Baekhyun nodded. "I'm sharing the room with Chanyeol-ssi right? I think it would be fine hyung."

The familiarity around the area is tingling his skin like little electric currents. It's not really irritating but it gives a painful tug to his chest. "Are you alright?" Chanyeol appeared holding a glass of water. Baekhyun gladly took it from the tall man's with his uninjured arm. "You're arm is already free from cast but you're still not allowed to overwork it same with your leg." Kyungsoo popped out of the blue, Baekhyun almost spilled his drink.

"Thank you for reminding me Kyungsoo-ssi."

Jongdae frowned. "Baek?"

"Ne, Jongdae-ssi?"

"Am I asking too much if I say you drop the formalities to our names?"

Baekhyun was surprised but he pursed his lips and nodded embarrassedly. "I'll try." He said. "Please call me the way you usually call me as well." He added and the others brightened up.

They went to their respective chores and Baekhyun was left exploring the whole dorm. He was surprised to find posters of EXO, multiple awards and trophies, and even the quirks of the members. He sat back to the couch after feeling the ache on his other leg which was dragging his whole body the whole time. 

He opened his phone to find multiple emails. He disregarded them first, yielding the advice of the eldest who said that he need not to overwhelm himself with information. He searched for EXO in the search engine he seems to always use and was surprised to really see himself standing beside popular, handsome guys.

He played video per video, awe growing as represented by his mouth. "I do sing?" He murmured. Unbeknownst to him, Chanyeol was watching him and he wasn't able to suppress a laugh upon hearing Baekhyun. "Still can't believe it?"

Baekhyun quickly looked at Chanyeol and smiled sheepishly. "So, we're aliens, heroes, wolves, monsters... And football players?" Chanyeol doubled over upon hearing it, his hand almost slapping Baekhyun if not for his quick reflexes. "Yepp, we're international trendsetters. Can I sit beside you?" Baekhyun nodded and they both settled on the sofa together.

Hesitantly, Baekhyun layed his head on the rapper's shoulder, his back settling on his arm causing the other to jump a little in surprise. "Why does this feel right?" Chanyeol just hummed in response. "Chanyeol, tell me how really is our relationship?"

Chanyeol blinked at the question before smiling, carding his finger's on Baekhyun's crown as the other beagle continuously scrolls through the pictures of EXO. "We're roommates. You joined EXO last along with Jongdae, both of you training for only less than a year." Baekhyun looked at him in awe. "We became close after a night of being together. Well, you really tried hard to be close to us, even taking a bath with all of us one by one." The latter blushed in response.

"We're the noisiest. We also have our own ship name. The fans call it ChanBaek." Chanyeol laughed and Baekhyun felt more embarrassed if possible. "I don't know what to feel about that." They both laughed. "I'm really sorry Chanyeol."

Chanyeol cooed and hugged the vocalist carefully yet tightly, aware that the bruises on his body still hurt. "Baek, please stop apologizing. We will bring your memories back. Even if it takes longer time, we will be here for you. If they really won't come back, we'll make new ones. There's no more reason for you to leave. There's no more reason for you to blame yourself. Everything will be okay in the end."

Baekhyun nodded and nuzzled closer to the tall rapper. "I like it." He murmured before falling asleep. "I like it as well." Chanyeol said then he carried the vocalist to their room.

-----------------------------------------------