END: I'm Back, Welcome Back

WALK ON MEMORIES

"Is he okay?" Junmyeon asked. He was the only one awake along with the tall rapper as everyone fell asleep in Baekhyun's room. The patient was on his bed, an IV line connected to his wrist and a nasal canula to help him breathe.

"It's just a momentary relapse. He might have been invaded by his memories causing him to be overwhelmed and feel pain. He'll be okay when he wakes up, albeit a bit groggy at that but it's a good thing cause this might be a sign that he already has his memories back." The doctor then excused himself.

Junmyeon and Chanyeol looked at each other before sighing. "If he has to suffer like that just to remember us then I would rather create new memories than see him like that." Chanyeol admitted. Junmyeon nodded in agreement.

They went back inside the room quietly and turned to where Baekhyun was and he swiped some stray strands from the vocalist's forehead. Chanyeol situated himself beside the bed and folded his arms to get some needed sleep. Soon, they were all lulled to slumber.

It took three days for Baekhyun to wake up. During that three days, the doctor can't also explain why the latter isn't waking up. They talked to him like he was there, cried like he was about to leave, and sang until they can't due to the tears.

They were pulled from the room to go attend the fansigning. Lots of EXO-Ls inquired about Baekhyun's absence and all they can give was a sad smile. The whole fansigning event just added to the ache inside their hearts.

It was when they returned that they actually saw a miracle in front of them. Upon opening the doors of room 416, expecting to find a still sleeping BBH, they were greeted instead by a giddily singing Baekhyun, his body sitting up and flopped on soft pillows while he looks at the scenery through the window.

The white sheets covered up to his lap while he gently taps his beautiful fingers to his knees. He was still pale but not so sickly pale.

So nobody knows


Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it


Walk all night long


Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it


This path spreading out wherever we reach


I want to walk along it with you on this beautiful night

Baekhyun's head turned to them as they all froze right next to the door, watching the patient look at them in curiosity.

I pass through the tunnel of time

I spent longing for you


And was given another chance to return to you


You’re just like you are in my memories


Both your lovely voice and your eyes like dawn

He gave them his infamous 'demo' smile and they felt their breaths hitch as a wave of impending tears assaulted them.

I lightly kiss the back of your small hand

I want to try to leave on a new journey

Following the melody I can hear clearly from far away

I’ll come take you away tonight

He continued humming and smiling at them widely, watching them with as they all tried to prevent themselves from breaking down.

Someday I’ll want to walk by your side

Along this path on

A beautiful night

"Hi." He murmured and the seven members rushed to give him a hug. A blue rose was sitting in a vase on the bedside table along with a picture of him with EXO during their recent concert.

"Sorry. I'm back." Baekhyun whispered.

"Welcome back, Baek."

-ugly ending bye-