CHAPTER 08: Lost

WALK ON MEMORIES

Baekhyun found himself strolling to a nearby park. He was wearing a thick hoodie due to the cold winter air and a face mask to hide himself. He still honestly can't believe that he is an idol let alone in a popular group at that but he felt the need to disguise himself before leaving the dorms.

He sat on one of the swings and slowly pushed himself to swing. He leaned his head on the cold metal and sighed for the nth time. He honestly wanted this to end, for him to at least remember the people he felt so much about. His chest is aching the whole time even when he was in the hospital and he doesn't know when will it explode.

He wanted to scream, to tear his hair from his head, anything just to relieve the pain running through his body. Instead of doing so, he hummed a familiar tune that has been circulating in his head. He felt tears streaming down his face and he wanted to laugh on how he became a crybaby.

A voice that came to you on light some day

Unknowingly waking you up with a whisper like a kiss

Your eyes slowly open filled with dreams

And you smile at me like you’d been waiting, yeah

His phone was vibrating in his pocket but he just continued humming. The sky bursted open and cried with him. He was getting drenched but he continued rocking back and forth along with his tune.

I lightly sit next to you and say hi


I want to try to go back to that beautiful time


Following the faded memories


I’ll come take you away tonight

The black hoodie became heavy due to the absorbed water and he just chuckled at his state. He stood up but his knees buckled and he grabbed on the post of the swing for support. His eyes started closing and he knew by then he was about to meet the wet, dirty ground but instead, heat engulfed him and he saw a flash of memory in his head before darkness devoured him.

We walk along this exciting path together


Covered in stars shining white


Before the sleeping world reflected clearly


In your eyes opens its eyes

----------------------------------------------