CHAPTER 14: A Rush of Memories

WALK ON MEMORIES

"Baekhyunnie!!! That was great!" Jongdae and Chanyeol screamed like fangirls and Baekhyun just smiled tiredly at them. He was then met by his parents and he gave them a hug, his family crying over the fact that their Baekhyun is doing well despite the challenges.

He also went out of the dressing room to find his SHINee sunbaenims happily greeting him and telling him lots of stuff that he found nice and familiar. They praised him for his performance along with the whole EXO.

His hyungs, chingus, and dongsaengs gave him either a pat or a hug and he just felt that this is how things should be. He crept out of the dressing room after a while to go back on stage where lots of staff are cleaning up. He just wanted to feel that familiar emotion flooding in him again.

He sat at the edge of the stage, back facing the crowd area as he look at the structure of the large edifice with amusement. He almost jumped when a little girl went up to him and tugged on his shirt.

The girl smiled and he handed Baekhyun a rose. "Your performance is so pretty oppa. I like your voice." The girl mentioned happily and Baekhyun gave the girl a soft pat on her head. "Thank you, little lady." He uttered.

The little girl jumped off towards the exit and he sat there smilingly with rose in his hands. He then stood up to wander around when he found himself staring at the light fixtures.

His whole body turned cold. He dropped the rose as he trembled. A bout of memories rushed in his head that he can't contain the emotions flooding in. He was hyperventilating yet he can't seem to stop. He just stared, trying to regulate his breathing but failing miserably.

As the end of this path draws closer
When an old prayer reaches us
The tomorrow we’ve dreamed of
Will spread out brightly in front of us

He saw his brother, mother, and father in his head, all of them smiling as he listened to a boy sing. He can also take in a picture of himself singing as his brother walks on the aisle with a girl. There are also fragments of his parents supporting him in a concert. Just him, with his family, being happy.

Blinding, golden sunlight spills over us
And you’re so beautiful, shining brightly
(Shining brightly yeah)
That I keep my eyes on you and take it all in
Before this sleeping world opens its eyes

He was standing at the school grounds, practicing for his audition for a university majoring in performing arts when a noona castes him. He went and agreed, finding himself standing in a room where a panel was looking at him as he smiled widely to introduce himself. "Byun Baekhyun-imnida. Born May 6, 1992. Studying at..."

Now open your eyes
Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it
Don’t forget
Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it
Someday I’ll want to walk by your side
Along this path on
A beautiful night

He was with the 11 members, all of them standing in front of the sea as one by one, they started shouting their hopes, dreams, and goals. He saw three of the members leave, but not really abandon them. He found himself confiding the others for support. He found the others calling him, telling him to join them. He ran, a song playing in the background. He ran, wanting to grasp their hands. He ran.

A beautiful night

"We are ONE!"
-----------------------------------------------