CHAPTER 04: Forever You Will Be

WALK ON MEMORIES


"You'll be released from the hospital tomorrow and we'll go back to the dorm. Will you be comfortable?" Kyungsoo asked as they were currently the ones left inside the room as the others took some food and spare clothes for their overnight stay. "I think it would he awesome, to know more about the old me, I mean." Baekhyun said his hand slightly gripping the larger doll in his arms. 

He then looked at Kyungsoo and spoke. "Kyungsoo-ssi." D.O. flinched at the different way of calling as if he could hear his heart breaking into pieces. "Ne, Baek?" He answered, suppressing the sadness and disappointment. "Can we go out? At least until the others arrive?"

"But Baek, it's too cold already outside." Kyungsoo reasoned out.

Baekhyun just gave him a pleading look. "Chebal? I really wanted to see what the outside looks like." 

Kyungsoo bit his lip before relenting. He asked for a wheelchair and he then assisted Baekhyun. The latter was still weak in his feet that D.O half carried him. The vocalist frowned at the sight of the back of the patient but he just shook his head and placed a blanket around BBH. "I'll just grab my coat."

A laugh from Baekhyun surprised Kyungsoo while he was buttoning his coat. "Why does it feel like this shouldn't be the case?" "What do you mean?" Kyungsoo asked in confusion, his hand gripping the wheelchair as they enter the elevator.

"Why does it feel like, this shouldn't be how we interact?"

Kyungsoo choked, his chest tightening at the words. He almost teared up if not for the sudden assault of the cold wind upon entering the rooftop. "Maybe because I always hit you for being like a hyper on sugar kid." Baekhyun turned his head to the vocalist. "Mianhae." "It was never your fault and it will never be." Kyungsoo smiled.

Baekhyun finally saw the night view of Seoul and he felt tears falling down his face. "It hurts." He said and D.O knelt down beside him, wiping the tears away from his fellow vocalist. "Why can't I remember anything? Why does my heart ache so much? Why can't I remember you when I should be?" Baekhyun screamed.

Kyungsoo hugged him and Baekhyun just let his body slump on the other, his body trembling and his eyes still releasing an onslaught of tears. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He murmured like a chant. Kyungsoo shook his head. "It's not your fault. Baek, we will bring it back. We will help you. You're not alone."

They returned after a little while and the others were surprised to see both of the vocalists with tear stricken face and the patient tiredly pressed on the wheelchair. Chanyeol carried Baekhyun back to the bed and they decided to eat.

"We brought tteokboki." Jongdae said while Minseok handed him his share. "We eat this a lot when we were trainees and you love them as well." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun nodded, not really feeling good after the drama they had on the rooftop. Kyungsoo was already sleeping on Jongin's thigh. Sehun and Junmyeon were both preparing the other set of meals they got.

After the meal, they placed their comforters on the floor except for Jongin who decided to let his hyung sleep more on the sofa. Baekhyun just stared at them. "Do you need something?" Chanyeol asked upon realizing the stare the latter was giving towards them. "If I won't recover, maybe I should just leave the group." He said and the others turned their heads towards the patient.

Junmyeon took a seat beside Baekhyun. "What are you saying, Baek?"

"Junmyeon-hyung, I'm being a burden aren't I? You're all in hiatus because of me right? Instead of promoting you're all here because of me." Baekhyun explained, hugging the stuffed toys like a lost little kid.

The others surrounded him and shook their heads, their eyes pleading. "Hyung. EXO will not be EXO without the powerful voice of Baekhyun." Sehun said, his hand grasping thag of the patient's. "But I'm not Baekhyun."

"How can you say that?" Jongdae failed to hide his frantic emotions. "You're Baekhyun be it with or without memories." Minseok said. "Why are you so selfless?" Chanyeol blurted out causing Baekhyun to look at him with surprise and puzzlement. "Hyung, can't you be selfish just this time?" Jongin asked?

Kyungsoo rose from his sleep and looked at the patient's eyes directly with a stern face. "What do you want? Tell us what you really want. We will let you or help you do it." 

The others waited, holding their breaths as if if they release it, Baekhyun will be forever lost. They weren't ready when Baekhyun started crying like a kid, his body heaving as he hyperventilates. Minseok pulled the latter into a hug, his hand rubbing soft circles on his back.

"I want to be with you. I want to remember you. I want to sing with you.I want my memories back. I want to be part of EXO." Baekhyun cried.

The other EXO members smiled. "But you are already part of EXO. Forever, you will be."

-----------------------------------------------