CHAPTER 11: Komawo, Hyung

WALK ON MEMORIES

"Minseok-hyung." Baekhyun called out to the eldest as all of the members are asleep apart from them inside the room where Baekhyun was resting. "Who is Lay?"

Xiumin walked towards the bedside and peeked at the phone of the sick idol. "I saw his name in the list of EXO members."

"Remember when we told you that we have Chinese members?" Baekhyun nodded as he clearly remembered the whole 10 minutes Jongdae and Chanyeol spent to explain to him EXO-M and EXO-K. "Lay or Zhang Yixing, his real name, is part of EXO-M and a year older than you. He can't promote to Korea due to nationality issues but he is still part of EXO. He is a very talented guy and he also cares a lot to the members despite being always stupefied."

Baekhyun nodded in understanding. "Do you want to talk to him?" Minseok asked and the latter's eyes widened in surprise. "I may?" Xiumin laughed at the childish innocense displayed on the other's face that he can't help but pinch the cheeks of Byun. "He actually wanted to but we are just worried that you're not ready yet." Xiumin explained while probing his phone to set a video call.

"Thank you for the understanding hyung." Baekhyun responded. As soon as the call connected, Baekhyun was surprised to find familiarity at the face on the other line. "Baekhyun-ah." Lay started and Baekhyun just stared. "Baekhyunnie."

"Ah, hyung." BBH was snapped out of momentary stupor. Xiumin just sat silently beside, watching the interaction between the two. "Baekhyunnie. How are you? Hyung is very worried upon receiving the news. They also told me you got sick. Are you okay now?"

A genuine smile crept on Baekhyun's face. "Thank you hyung. I'm fine now. Sorry for worrying you." Lay shook his head. "You know that I care for you dongsaeng. I wish I could be there to walk with you through this hardship and pain. I know that you might still find me awkward to be with but don't hesitate to talk to me when you need me, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded. "For some reasons, I feel quite comfortable with you hyung." He admitted. "I also wish you were here." He whispered and Lay smiled. "How are you really? No lies."

A momentary silence passed before Baekhyun broke. "Everything hurts."

Minseok ran a soothing hand on his back and Lay just nodded, urging the younger to continue. "I want to be okay, hyung. But even breathing is painful. I don't feel right. To think that everyone here is suffering because I'm not the Baekhyun they know anymore. I just want the ache to stop. Is it possible? Hyung?"

Lay watched the youngest break down and he just wanted to fly back to Korea and heal him. "Of course. One day, you'll be fine. It can't stay like that forever. And the members won't think that way. You are Baekhyun, no matter what. Hyung will send his healing powers to you." Baekhyun cracked a smile and they continued talking until it was time for the Chinese to go. Baekhyun thanked his hyung and promised that he will keep in touch.

"You're Baekhyun, okay?" Minseok whispered and Baekhyun nodded in response.

-----------------------------------------------