CHAPTER 06: Rhythm, Tune, Melody

WALK ON MEMORIES

Jongdae was left in the dorm to assist Baekhyun today. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol told them Baekhyun's thoughts thus they decided they will do it slowly so that Baekhyun will adjust without being too overwhelmed.

He walked towards the kitchen to find Baekhyun eating a toast while looking at certainly nothing, his head craned to the side while he sits with his feet on the chair. "Baek?"

Baekhyun almost jumped but he calmed himself and smiled at the newcomer. "Jongdae. Do you want some toast?"

"You made them?" Jongdae asked with a wide smile. Baekhyun shook his head. "Kyungsoo left it for us. Are we going somewhere today?"

"Will it be fine if we go?" Jongdae asked hesitantly.

Baekhyun smiled. "I'll just grab a hoodie."

"Hey, don't overwork yourself, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded before disappearing at Chanyeol and his bedroom. He walked out wearing a black hoodie and they both left the dorms comfortably hopping. Chen brought him to a nearby cafe.

Baekhyun admired the interior and a kind woman greeted them. A lot of people looked at them as well and Baekhyun felt uneasy. "Relax. I'm here." Jongdae said. "So, what do you want?"

"I-I really don't know." He admitted and Chen just smiled. "Want me to order the usual?" Baekhyun nodded and they both sat down after taking their orders. "You really don't like coffee." Chen said and Baekhyun's face lit up upon tasting the beverage. "Komawo Jongdae." He said.

They were comfortably chatting, well more like Chen answering Baekhyun's questions when '으르렁' started playing. Baekhyun paused, his ears perking upon hearing a somehow familiar beat. Jongdae watched in amusement.

"Do you like the song?" Jongdae asked smilingly.

"It sounds familiar." The latter answered, his fingers tapping on the table following the catchy tune. "Uwaaah, Byun Baekhyun's voice is really something." Chen teasingly said and Baekhyun turned to him with a shocked face. "This is, our group's song?" Baek asked.

"으르렁 으르렁 으르렁 에!" Jongdae sang. "Yepp. Totally us." Jongdae enthusiastically said before sipping his frappe. Baekhyun continued listening in awe, his fingers continuousy tapping unconsciously along with the rhythm.

After another hour, Jongdae decided to lead Baekhyun to a studio he personally asked for a specific time. "What are we doing here?" Jongdae just hummed in response, his hands working on the speakers inside the room. "Jongdae?"

"Do you feel anything in this place?"

"Now that..." Baekhyun paused causing Chen to look at him. His eyes widened upon seeing Baekhyun suddenly kneeling on the floor, his mouth gaping as if he can't breathe and his eyes tearing up. His hands were covering his ears and his breathing was labored. Chen rushed to his side and quickly pulled him into a hug.

When the vocalist ran, he accidentally toppled the remote control of the speakers. "Baekhyun. Calm down. Breathe." Chen repeated like a chant as Baekhyun tries to regulate his breathing.

어느 날 빛으로 네게 닿은 목소리
입 맞추듯 몰래 너를 깨운 속삭임에
살며시 열리던 꿈을 담은 네 눈빛
날 기다린 듯이 넌 미소 지었지 Yeah

Baekhyun was assaulted by a rush of memories that he wasn't able to contain everything. He can see 11 people with him inside the same room, and then 4 of them staying for vocal practice with him. He could hear lots of music that was just muffled by ache.

너의 곁에 사뿐히 앉아 인살 건네
아름다웠던 그 때로 돌아가려 해
어느새 희미해져 가는 기억을 따라
오늘 밤 널 데려갈게

When he calmed down, Baekhyun was too weak to even lift himself up from the floor. "I'm sorry. I really shouldn't have brought you here so early." Chen apologized while holding the latter and guiding him towards the sofa. BBH shook his head and smiled tiredly at him. "I am remembering something. I, ah, thank you." He uttered.

They stayed together on the sofa, Baekhyun's head tilted towards Jongdae while the other continued playing different songs and sometimes singing along with it. But Baekhyun never sang, he didn't hum as well. He just comfortably listened to the power vocalist and Chen felt his heart ache at that.

아무도 몰래
Do it do it do it do it do it do it
밤새 걸어봐
Do it do it do it do it do it do it
발걸음 닿는 곳마다 환히 펼쳐진
그 길 따라 너와 걷고 싶은
아름다운 밤

-----------------------------------------------