CHAPTER 10: Kkaebsong

WALK ON MEMORIES

Minseok was currently situated on top of his bed with Baekhyun occupying it while he wipes the forehead and neck of the unconscious idol to bring down his fever. The sick vocalist was under layers of blanket but he was still shivering and coughs can be heard from him every now and then. Junmyeon was inside the room as well, trying to help in whatever way he can.

Contrary to popular belief, even if the eldest is usually in 'fight-me-mode' around the beagle line Bacon, he is still silently caring for him, for all of his dongsaengs to be precise. "His fever went down a little but it is still high." Minseok informed the leader. Junmyeon just nodded.

Kyungsoo entered the room with water and porridge on a tray. "Is he awake yet hyung?" D.O asked quietly, placing the tray on the bedside table before peeking at the sick idol who coughed at that time. Minseok shook his head. "He needs to sleep. His fever is high for staying at the rain on a cold winter night with only a hoodie." "바보" Kyungsoo murmured and the eldest just laughed.

The vocalist exited the room after a little while but before he can close the door, the eldest called out to him. "Tell Jongdae that he sleep in Chanyeol's room first. Tell the others to get some rest. I'll take care of Baekhyun." Kyungsoo just nodded then he quietly locked the door.

Junmyeon walked to Baekhyun and placed his hand on his forehead. "Don't we need to bring him to the hospital?" The leader asked as he felt the heat radiate to him. Baekhyun coughed and sniffled, tremors released from his body before he pulled the blanket towards him. "As long as his fever doesn't fluctuate at alarming levels then we don't have to. I don't think Baek would like to go back to that place in the mean time as well."

The leader nodded and Minseok just gave him a smile. "Don't you need to rest too Junmyeon-ah?" Junmyeon just nodded. "Wake me up so you can rest too. Let's rotate." He said before occupying Jongdae's bed. Minseok just hummed as affirmation.

Morning came and Baekhyun's fever has gone down. He is still asleep but at least they don't have to worry anymore about his fever affecting him too much. They were having breakfast while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol tend to the sick together.

Jongin and Sehun were both quiet while Jongdae tried his best to elicit at least a chuckle from the two. "Seriously, Baekhyun would hate to see you like that." He then said and the maknae line frowned before sighing and smiling. They finished their meal and decided to stay in the room of the EXO-M altogether.

Baekhyun woke up from the shuffling. His head was so groggy and heavy he just wanted to go back to sleep. "Baek?" D.O asked and he looked at the vocalist tiredly. "Hey. Here." Kyungsoo said, placing a glass with straw in front of the ill idol. Baekhyun took a sip and he thanked the latter as the water eased his aching throat.

"What happened?" He asked, voice so low Kyungsoo has to lean. "You went out and well, got yourself sick because of your idiocy." Baekhyun blinked before chuckling. "I guess I was an idiot. Sorry for being a burden."

"You're not a burden hyung." Sehun said in a whining tone. Junmyeon agreed with a nod as Baekhyun slowly sit up to find all of the members sprawled on the floor engrossed in an intense card game of UNO. "Honestly, your fever induced mind is talking nonsense in your head again." Chanyeol said before shouting UNO as he place a blue card on the stack.

Jongin laughed as Jongdae grunted in defeat, earning a headflick from all of the members. Baekhyun just laughed at their antics and they all softened to find the ill idol smiling so brightly. "Is there anything you want to tell us?" Jongdae asked.

"What does Kkaebsong mean?" He asked.

The others froze at the question before laughing so loud. "Where did you get that?" Minseok asked in between laughs as his eyes started tearing. "You invented that reaction hyung. It can mean disappointment and a lot more. Like when you lose a game you say 'kkaebsong'." Jongin explained as he shuffles the deck of cards.

Baekhyun took note of it inside his head before Kyungsoo decided to feed him because he is still weak to even lift his arms. He soon fell asleep after taking medicines. "He is slowly remembering it. He will be fine." They told themselves.

-----------------------------------------------