CHAPTER 01: Hero

WALK ON MEMORIES

"And the award goes to-"

All the members waited with bathed breaths, their hands grasping the others'.

"EXO!"

'Power' began playing in the background and they can't believe what they heard. They all went up the stage giddily, their hands trembling in excitement and disbelief as Junmyeon accepts the trophy. Their leader spoke with overwhelming gratitude while they stand beside or behind him.

"EXO, we are one. Saranghaeyo! Kamsahamnida." They bowed, basking at one of the glorious moments in their lives.

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a hug along with Sehun while Kai and Chen gave Kyungsoo a similar embrace as well. Xiumin and Junmyeon patted each others' back before they started singing the encore of their song. Once the song ended, they thanked all the audience and other idols before going down the stage.

As soon as they stepped out of the stage, Baekhyun felt someone tug the bottom part of his shirt. He turned around to find a crying little girl who accidentally tripped and held his shirt to balance herself. Baekhyun cooed at the girl before crouching to pat her head.

"Are you lost?" He asked. The girl nodded. He then suddenly recognized the little kid as the daughter of one of the coordi-noonas. Sehun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Kai found him with the girl and they surrounded the little one causing another sob to erupt from her.

Baekhyun frowned before pulling the girl in to a hug. "Guys you're scaring her." The four apologized. "Ssshhh. Don't cry. Do you want to find mommy?" He then asked and the girl nodded as she clung her tiny hand to Baekhyun's shirt. The vocalist carried the girl and turned to the others so they could walk backstage when he heard a 'clink' from behind.

The little girl looked up and Baekhyun followed, his eyes widening as he saw the light fixtures toppling over them. His reflexes acted quickly, adrenaline rushing in his body as he pushes the four from the possible landing site with his utmost strength, thanking the gods above for his hapkido background. He only managed to support the head of the child in his arms and covered her body with his before he felt pain collide with his head and body rendering him to almost pass out.

Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun, and Jongin fell to the ground and stared eyes wide to their member underneath the heavy metal equipments. Lots of screaming filled the air as their sunbaenims and the other managers run towards them. Junmyeon, Jongdae, and Minseok froze behind the three as soon as they realized what's happening.

Their sunbaenims pulled them away from the shards and the danger zone. Multiple people helped in lifting the heavy metal structure and gasps conquered the atmosphere as Baekhyun's state was revealed. The child was crying underneath the semi-conscious idol, blood dripping to her shoulders from Baekhyun's head. 

The mommy coordi-noona rushed to her daughter with tear-stricken face. They pulled the child out of the body of the idol while Baekhyun's eyes started closing. Junmyeon and Minseok frantically asked for help while the others went to the aid of the injured idol as his body slumped on the floor. 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun stay awake. Chebal." Kyungsoo pleaded along with the maknaes, their hands trembling as they run a soothing caress on the arms of the semi-conscious idol. "Where is the damn ambulance?" Chanyeol cursed as his eyes started watering. Baekhyun looked at them with glazed eyes before it slowly closed. They screamed while their sunbaenims took hold of each member as Baekhyun was taken in the ambulance.

-----------------------------------------------