Ch 17

Haunted (Rewrite)

Zhou Mi growled as he grabbed at a shirt floating out of his reach. Cooking had been fun with Kyuhyun floating the dishes and utensil he needed to him. But this... this was getting excessive. "Kyuhyun, if you want me to get changed, you have to actually give me my clothes."

"Where's the fun in that? Besides you need exercise." The shirt floated over his head, taunting him.

Zhou Mi dragged one hand over his face. "I really don't need this today, Kuixian." He sputtered as the shirt fell on his face, pulling the fabric off.

"What did you call me?" Kyuhyun asked, curiosity in his voice as a pair of black pants floated out of the closet, followed by the rest of his pants.

"What?" He was distracted, watching as the pants started to dance around the room. "What are you doing?"

"Did you know that ghosts can move things with their minds? I'm getting much better at it now. It seems to help that I've got your belongings to practice with."

"T-To practice with? Kuixian, those are my pants that are dancing around!"

"There's that name again. Why are you calling me that?"

"Huh? Oh." Zhou Mi tore his gaze from the dancing pants to look at Kyuhyun. "It's just your name in Chinese. Now stop that, it's creeping me out."

"Chinese, huh? I think I like it. Let's try this." The pants started jumping up and down at the same time. "This any better?"

"Definitely not." Zhou Mi grumbled. "You know what, have fun. Let me know when you're done." He hesitated, grabbing a pair of the jumping pants before going to the bathroom to change.

He was almost finished when he heard a knock on the door. "One moment!" He shouted, hoping whoever was there would hear him.

Kyuhyun's head phased through the door as he was buttoning his pants. "It's Hank."

He paused for a moment, thinking about it. "Henry. You mean Henry."

"Yeah, Hank."

"Why are you giving him different names?"

"I don't like him."

"Why not?" Zhou Mi opened the door, wincing as the wood passed through his head. "Doesn't that hurt?"

"I'm dead. Of course it doesn't."

"Why don't you like Henry? He's a nice guy."

"I just don't like him."

"You've never even met him."

"I don't have to meet him. Besides, it's not like he can meet me so why do I need to meet him."

Zhou Mi paused in the living room, looking at Kyuhyun. He couldn't be... "Are you jealous?"

Kyuhyun snorted. "Of him? Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know but you're acting strange."

"When am I not strange? He's going to leave soon, you should open the door."

"I hate when you do that." Zhou Mi complained, opening the door.

"Hate when I do what?" A visibly confused Henry asked as the door opened.

Kyuhyun snickered and vanished.

"Oh, um, nothing. Come on in. Why are you here?"

"What, can't I come check on you? How are your stitches healing??" Henry asked as he walked in.

Zhou Mi shivered at the unsettling feeling of cloth moving on his skin, looking down in horror to see his shirt lifting up. "Stop!" He hissed, grabbing the folds of fabric exactly as Henry looked over at him, looking confused again.

"Stop what? Zhou Mi, what's going on?"

"Um, nothing. Just showing you my stitches. See?" He pulled the shirt up further to show his stitches.

"That wasn't me." A voice spoke in his ear, making him jump. "I didn't pull your shirt up."

"Are you alright?" Henry stepped closer to him, his gaze locked on Zhou Mi's face.

"Are you sure he has a boyfriend? He's looking awfully interested in you."

Zhou Mi bit down on his lip, determined not to reply to Kyuhyun. "I'm-" He stopped, feeling the blood drain from his face as a pair of his pants danced into view from the hallway, followed by the rest of his pants.

"I've got this." Kyuhyun told him, a faint breeze by his cheek the only sign that he'd left.

"Geez, you look like you're going to faint. Are you sure you're all right?" Henry pressed a hand against his forehead. "Well, no temperature. Let's get you seated."

"Uh, no, I can't!" Zhou Mi blurted. If they sat, Henry would see the pants.

"Why not?"

"Because.. because I have food cooking in the kitchen." He lied. "I have to go check on it."

"You sit, I'll go check on it."

Zhou Mi didn't answer, watching as the pants started to do a tap dance in the hallway before jerking to a stop. That must be Kyuhyun's doing.

"Zhou Mi?" Henry asked. "What are you looking at?" He moved to look over his shoulder.

"You can't do that!" Zhou Mi exclaimed, grabbing Henry and pulling him to the kitchen. "You said you'd check on my food!" To his surprise, he found a pan of chicken on the stove, the flame low.

"Right... I'll go do that, you sit." Henry gave him a suspicious look, walking over to the stove. "And when I'm done, you can tell me what's going on."

Zhou Mi walked over to the table to sit down, wondering how to explain everything.