Ch 5

Haunted (Rewrite)

"You sure you don't want me to stay? It's not like I have anyone at home waiting for me." Ryeowook looked up at Zhou Mi as he stood in the entrance to the front door. They'd both gotten all of the dressers and closets cleaned out, the contents put in boxes. Gayoung hadn't been happy when they put the boxes in the storage shed behind the house but she had relented when Zhou Mi had pointed out that it was too late to do anything else with them. 

"I know, Wookie. But you do have a job in the morning and you need to get some sleep." Zhou Mi grabbed his car keys and pulled his jacket on. "I don't have one so I'll be fine. I'll just sleep in tomorrow."

"And what if that woman comes back?"

"I've got the only key, remember?" Zhou Mi held up the key to show him. "Besides.. I don't think the house likes her very much. I'll be fine."

Ryeowook shook his head as he put his shoes on. "You know, if you'd said that a week ago, I would've laughed. But after today.. Well, I would have to agree. She doesn't seem welcome here."

"Well, apparently she never liked Kyuhyun's dad or Kyuhyun." Zhou Mi put on his own shoes, walking outside with Ryeowook and locking the door.

"Where did you hear that?"

"Around." Zhou Mi replied with a shrug, walking to the car. "You know how people are around me, they don't think I can understand Korean."

"Well, you're obviously foreign." The shorter man got in the passenger seat, buckling his seatbelt. "Though that doesn't excuse them."

"I'm used to it. And I learn a lot of useful stuff because of it." Zhou Mi sat in the drivers' seat, adjusting the seat again until he was comfortable.

Ryeowook snorted, sitting back as the car started and they pulled out of the driveway. "No, what you learn is a bunch of gossip."

"Which I never would've known if people assumed I knew Korean."

"There's no arguing with you over this, is there." 

"Nope." Zhou Mi replied cheerfully as he drove down the road. "So don't even bother trying."

Ryeowook grinned, shaking his head. "Alright, alright. You're so stubborn, Mi."

"You know you love it."

Ryeowook paused for a minute, glancing at Zhou Mi from the corner of his eye as he tried to think of a reply.

Zhou Mi pulled into the driveway of Ryeowook's house, looking over the shorter man. "Wookie? Did I break you?"

"Hmm? Oh, no. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Well, for one, why you and I never worked out."

Zhou Mi arched his eyebrow. "You mean as a couple?"

"Yeah."

"Well, we never agreed on where we wanted to go on dates, we never agreed on what clothes we liked. Do I need to go on?"

Ryeowook blushed, shaking his head. "I forgot about that."

"Just remembering the good times?"

"Yeah. We were good together, when we weren't arguing."

"Hmm, we were. But we kept arguing, that's why we decided to stay as friends."

Ryeowook leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Well, it got us closer as friends at least. Thanks for the ride, Mi."

"You're welcome, Wookie." Zhou Mi smiled, watching Ryeowook leave the car and go inside his house before he pulled out of the driveway to back to his own house.