Ch 4

Haunted (Rewrite)

Kyuhyun took a step back when he saw that dark gaze settle on him. Could the guy actually see him? He wondered as he looked around. The he relaxed, seeing a photograph on the wall behind him. It was an old one, his twelth birthday party. He was seated between his parents, smiling happily at the camera. That was what Zhou Mi was looking at, not him.

"Zhou Mi? What are you looking at?"

He glanced at the two men, seeing the taller man - Zhou Mi - still staring at him. Not me, the picture.

"Um.. Just a second, Wookie. There's a picture over there.." Then Zhou Mi was right beside him, looking at the same photo. "I can see you, you know." The last part was said softly, meant only for Kyuhyun.

The blond jumped when he heard it, looking over at Zhou Mi with wide eyes. "What? No, you can't! I'm dead!"

"I know. You're Cho Kyuhyun."

"Great, you know my name. Go back to your boyfriend."

Zhou Mi frowned at him before looking behind them. "He's not my... Never mind. We'll talk later."

"Oh, this is what you're looking at." Ryeowook suddenly appeared, his shoulder going right through Kyuhyun's arm as he looked at the photo. "Wow, they were so happy in that photo."

"Yeah, we were.." Kyuhyun murmured softly. Moments after that photo had been taken, his dad had taken a piece of cake and shoved it down his shirt. That had been the start of an epic food fight between him and his parents. He'd never had so much fun with his parents before then.

He sighed, letting himself fade away, though he didn't forget Zhou Mi's words. We'll talk later.