Ch 10

Haunted (Rewrite)

Zhou Mi tugged at the collar of his shirt with a soft groan. The shirt was new and ill-fitting, a light blue button-up meant to make him look more professional. He didn't feel professional in it, he just felt stupid. Especially with the black slacks he wore.

He looked up when he heard a door open, sighing when a woman walked out of the building without looking at him. Clearly she wasn't the one he'd be interviewing with.

He looked over at the clock, making a face when he saw the time. He was supposed to have been interviewed over an hour ago,which meant he'd almost been sitting there two hours. Did they forget about him?

"Zhou Mi?"

The redhead jumped at the voice, not expecting it. He turned around in his chair, looking behind him. Instead of seeing the interviewer though, Heechul was standing there looking at him with curiosity. "What are you doing here?" he blurted out.

"I was summoned here to visit my cousin." The older man replied drily. "What are you doing here?"

"I had an interview here that should have been conducted about an hour ago." Zhou Mi replied.

"Ah. Well, you don't want to work here, the dress code is horrible. Come work for me."

"What?"

"You heard me. Now that business is picking up, I've been looking for someone else to work at Petals. You'd be perfect. As long as you don't wear that. No offense."

Zhou Mi groaned softly. "It does look pretty bad." He agreed.

"Yeah, light blue is definitely not your color. So ditch the look and come work for me. You'll love it."

"Alright. What's the job?"

"Helping people find the perfect outfit for them. So basically a consultant. You'll be working five days a week, eight hours a day."

"Sounds good." Zhou Mi replied, tilting his head a little. "When do I start?"

"Give me your number, I'll work out your schedule and call you."

He nodded, pulling his phone out to give Heechul his number. As he was, movement caught his eye and he looked up just in time to see Cho Gayoung walking into the building.

"Aish!" He ducked down in his seat, hoping she wouldn't notice him. But it was too late.

"Zhou Mi!" Gayoung walked over to him, her lips pursed. "Have you gotten rid of that stuff yet?"

"Uh, yes, I have." He replied,wondering why she cared. It was his house after all.

"Good. You're better off without it." She replied, walking away as quickly as she'd approached.

A low whistle drew his attention back to Heechul who was eyeing Gayoung. "Who was that?"

"That is the former owner of my house. Well, sort of."

"Sort of?"

"The house belonged to her brother. When he died, she took over with selling it."

A look of awareness entered Heechul's eyes. "You bought the Cho house, didn't you?"

"Well, yeah, I did. I didn't think it was that well-known."

"Well, it's not all that well-known. It is a bit of a local legend though. The Cho's die and then suddenly the sister appears trying to sell the house as quickly as possible. She didn't even seem sad that they died. Guess there was no love there."

"There wasn't." Zhou Mi replied without thinking. "She did not like Kyuhyun's mother."

"And how would you know that?"

He realized his mistake then, looking over at Heechul as he tried to think of an explanation.