Ch 9

Haunted (Rewrite)

Kyuhyun looked up from his current spot sitting on the stove when Zhou Mi walked into the kitchen.

The redhead made a face when he saw Kyuhyun. "What are you doing up there? I cook on that stove!"

"And I'm a ghost." Kyuhyun pointed out. "It's not like I'm going to get germs on your stuff."

"I don't care." The Chinese man replied, walking over to the fridge. "Get off." His eyes narrowed after a minute, looking over at Kyuhyun. "Weren't you blond yesterday?"

Kyuhyun reached up to touch his now-black hair, nodding his head. "I can change my appearance when I want to."

"That's creepy. So you could look like me if you wanted to?"

"No. I can only change my clothes and hair. What are you doing?"

"Cooking my breakfast before I go look for work." Zhou Mi pulled a carton of eggs from the fridge.

"Where are you going?"

The taller man sent him a suspicious look as he cracked a few eggs in a bowl. "Why? Planning on dropping by and surprising me?"

Kyuhyun snorted. "Even if I wanted to I couldn't. I can't leave the house. Believe me, I've tried many times."

"Why not?"

"Some ghost rule, I suppose. I don't know, I haven't met any other ghosts."

"Well, that ." Zhou Mi mixed up the eggs in the bowl before getting a pan. "Now get off the stove so I can cook."

Kyuhyun smirked at him and disappeared.

"I hate it when he does that.." Zhou Mi muttered, turning the stove on and placing the pan on the burner to heat up. After a minute, he added the eggs, letting them cook while he got some rice out, letting it heat up in the microwave.

After a few minutes, he sat down to his fried eggs and rice, starting to eat.

"Is that even good?"

The redhead nearly jumped out of his skin, looking up to see Kyuhyun standing in the middle of the table. "What are you doing? Trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Nope, I might lose my only form of entertainment."

"Yeah, can't have that." Zhou Mi muttered. "And to answer your question, yes, this is very good. Thank you for asking. Now go do whatever ghosts do."

"Oh, you mean this?" Kyuhyun was immediately standing there in grey robes with chains draped around him which he immediately began to jingle, making them clink against each other.

"Definitely not." The other man told him flatly. "Try something else."

"How about this?" The chains and robe disappeared and Kyuhyun started to wail, sounding like a deep-voiced banshee.

"No! Stop that!" Zhou Mi ordered him. To his surprise, the other man did. "What is up with you today?"

"I'm bored. Plus it's rather nice to have someone who won't run away from me. As well as see and hear me."

"Yeah, well, I'm starting to wish I didn't. Let me eat, Kyuhyun."

"Oh, fine." Kyuhyun pouted and vanished again.