Ch 12

Haunted (Rewrite)

Zhou Mi stared at the spot where Kyuhyun had been. He'd sounded almost... jealous before he'd disappeared. Jealous of him perhaps? Maybe he'd liked Heechul when he was alive.

He sighed, grabbing his shirt off the couch and taking it to the kitchen to throw away. He considered just taking his slacks off in the kitchen to throw away as well but that'd mean walking through the house in his briefs. He wasn't quite comfortable enough to do that yet. Instead, he walked up to his room, taking the slacks off and putting on a pair of black skinny jeans, pairing them with a yellow sweater. Then he walked back to the kitchen to dispose of the slacks.

Surprisingly Kyuhyun was not back yet. "Some roommate you are." He said aloud, walking to the couch to sit down and turn the TV on. He switched to a history channel, seeing a documentary playing on it and leaned back against the couch to settle in.

****

His phone was ringing, he could hear it. But where was it?

Zhou Mi turned, starting to walk towards the sound of his phone, only to stop as Cho Gayoung appeared in front of him. "You can not find it!" She screeched at him before disappearing just as quickly.

He jerked awake as something landed on his chest. Zhou Mi stared down at his phone, the sound of his ringtone not registering as he thought of his dream. Why had Gayoung been in his dream? And what was it she didn't want him to find?

"Will you answer that thing?" A voice broke through his thoughts. "I even went and got it for you."

"Sorry." Zhou Mi picked his phone up and hit answer without looking at the screen. "Hello?"

"About time you answered!" Ryeowook's voice filled his ear. "Guess what happened!"

"Heechul proposed to you and you're getting married next week."

"Very funny but no. We went on our date and your ghost interrupted us."

"Kyuhyun did what? Wait, how do you know about him? And what makes him my ghost?"

"He lives in your house, doesn't he? That makes him your ghost. And Heechul told me about him. When were you planning to tell me?"

"Next time I saw you, of course. What did he do? He told me he couldn't leave the house. And how do you know it was him?"

"Well... I guess I don't know but who else could it be? Heechul hyung brought a bottle of wine and it just turned over to spill all over my brand new silk tablecloth! I'll never be able to get the stains out of it."

"So, you don't know it was him." Zhou Mi replied, his mind racing. Kyuhyun had disappeared when he'd said he had a job with Heechul. Could he have...

"No, but again, who else could it have been?"

"Another ghost?" He knew it was unlikely even as he suggested it, making a face to himself.

"Sure. Talk to Kyuhyun please. I'd really like our second date to go better."

"Ah, so there will be a second date."

"Good bye, Mi."

He grinned, hearing the phone go silent. Clearly things were going well between Heechul and Ryeowook, despite the crashed date. Speaking of which...

He sat up on the couch, looking around. He'd heard a voice and had assumed it was Kyuhyun but now he wasn't so sure. He wasn't seeing him anywhere. Unless he didn't want to talk about the date crashing and had left again.

Mi sighed, slumping back against the couch to wait for him. He was determined to catch Kyuhyun before he left again.