Ch 13

Haunted (Rewrite)

He didn't catch Kyuhyun until about three days later.

A flash of movement at the corner of his eye caught his attention as he got dressed for a shift at Petals. "Kyuhyun? Get back here!"

Zhou Mi ran out of his bedroom, the edges of his shirt flapping against his chest as he skidded out into the hallway, just in time to see Kyuhyun disappear.

"You can't avoid me forever!" He called out, not sure if Kyuhyun could even hear him. "Just get out here and talk to me!"

He waited for a moment to see if he'd get an answer, sighing when nothing happened. "At least just let me know that you're still okay, alright? I'd even take the chains."

He turned to go back to his room, pausing when he heard the clink of a chain behind him. He didn't turn around though, continuing to his room with a small smile forming on his lips.

****

"You seem a little happier today." Heechul commented when he walked inside.

"Kyuhyun showed up. Sort of."

"So he's done avoiding you?"

"Not really. I saw him briefly while I was dressing. He did clink a chain for me though."

"Charming." Heechul remarked. "Well, once you get clocked in, there's a couple here who could use some help. They keep pairing plaid pants with neon shirts." He shuddered. "It's not a good look for them."

"Don't worry, oh fashionable one. I'll go help." Zhou Mi , signing in on the computer before walking over to the couple to help them pick out some clothes.

****

Zhou Mi unlocked the door, walking inside and hanging his jacket up before he froze. The hairs on the back of his neck were standing up. Something was not right. He didn't turn the light on, just listening. He wasn't sure if he was imagining it or not but he thought he could hear the sounds of movement.

"You idiot!" A voice hissed into his ear. "Get out of here!"

"Why? It's my house." He replied, turning his head to see Kyuhyun.

"Trust me, you don't want to be here right now." the ghost grumbled.

"Again, why?"

"Because I am about to unleash holy hell on the person searching your room."

"What? Why is someone searching my room?"

"Probably because it used to be my parents room. 'Aunt' Gayoung is convinced they hid their will in there."

"How do you know that?"

"She came here all the time before you bought it. Though I doubt she's done looking for the will."

"Why does she want it so bad?"

"Don't know. I'll be right back." With that, he vanished. A minute later he heard a loud crash followed by a yell.

Zhou Mi ran down the hall to his room only for the door to slam shut in his face. Furious, he grabbed the doorknob, yanking his hand back when he felt the freezing cold metal. "Kyuhyun! Open this door now!" He settled for banging his palm against the wood.

The door opened and a man rushed out, knocking into Zhou Mi and pushing him back into the wall.

He caught a glimpse of what looked like blue paint smeared down the man's shirt and arms before he disappeared out the front door.

Kyuhyun appeared in front of Zhou Mi, his eyes wide. "You idiot! You should have left when I told you to!"

Zhou Mi looked at him in confusion, slowly growing aware of something warm spreading across his shirt. He glanced down, seeing a red stain spreading over the fabric, something black sticking out of his stomach. "He..."

"Don't you dare die on me!" Kyuhyun grumbled at him before disappearing.