Ch 3

Haunted (Rewrite)

Kyuhyun frowned, watching another car pull up behind his aunt's house. After it parked, two young men got out of the car, one tall and lanky with dark hair falling into his eyes. His companion was noticeably shorter though just as thin, with short brown hair combed away from his face. As he watched, the taller got the boxes while his aunt handed a key to the shorter man. Were these two the ones who'd bought his house? Well, they'd leave pretty quickly once he was through with them.

****

Zhou Mi held the boxes in his arms as he followed Ryeowook to the front door. "Come on, Ryeowook." He said, trying to be quiet. He was all too aware of Ms. Cho watching them. "Hurry up, she's staring again."

"I'm hurrying." Ryeowook told him. "The door is being stubborn."

Finally, they both heard a click and the door opened for them. "Get inside, quickly." Zhou Mi hissed.

The shorter man nodded, walking inside the door with him. Once inside, Zhou Mi turned and shut the door, leaning against it.

"I don't know why you bought this house, Mi. Especially from that woman. It's creepy the way she stares at you." Ryeowook shuddered and glanced out the window. "It's like she wants to eat you."

"I'm not sure why either," The redhead replied, crouching down to put the boxes back in their shape. "But this house was... Well, you'll probably laugh, but I swear it was calling to me."

"Calling to you? I'm not going to laugh, but it does sound strange, Mi."

He shrugged, standing back up when he was done with the boxes. "You going to help me or just tell me things I already know? Once I'm done with this, I won't have to deal with her again."

"Why doesn't she just do this herself?" Ryeowook asked, walking over to grab a couple boxes. "I mean, it was her family that died. And don't you think it's strange that she just wants it all thrown out?"

"I'm not throwing it all out. I'll keep most of the furniture."

"That's kind of morbid, Mi. These people died and you want to keep their stuff?"

Zhou Mi shrugged, picking up the rest of the boxes. "Why not? I don't have much furniture and none of it looks this good. Once I can afford my own, I'll throw it out. And I'm not keeping the mattresses. Just the bed frames." He said as they walked towards the stairs.

"Well, it's your choice, I suppose."

"Yes, it is." He replied, going into the first bedroom. "It's sad though.. What happened to them."

"What did happen?" Ryeowook asked, following Zhou Mi in to the room, setting his boxes down.

"A car crash. They were on their way to a dinner when the car behind them lost control and hit them. They went off the road and hit a tree."

****

Kyuhyun followed the young men through the house to his parents' room. His fists clenched as he watched them both. You're not throwing away my parents' stuff, he thought, looking at the boxes. He smirked, seeing the boxes collapse again.

"What the..?" The shorter man - Ryeowook - said, staring at the boxes. "How did that happen?"

His friend didn't answer. Instead, he looked over at Kyuhyun.