Ch 15

Haunted (Rewrite)

"Well, you're looking pretty good." Doctor Lee pulled his fingers away from the stitches along Zhou Mi's stomach. "You can go home today if you want to."

"Yes, I definitely want to." Zhou Mi replied, trying to ignore Kyuhyun who was making faces at him from behind the doctor.

"That does not mean you can go back to work though." He replied sternly, looking at him. "You'll need to stay at home and rest for at least six weeks. You won't be able to lift anything past 10 lbs during that time."

"But, my job..."

"Your boss will understand. If not, get a new job." Doctor Lee's gaze was serious. "If you don't follow my instructions, you run the risk of tearing a stitch or even reopening your wound. If that happens, you will end up back here and you won't be discharged until your wound is healed. Understand?"

"Yeah, I understand." Zhou Mi mumbled, not liking the idea. What was he going to do for six weeks?

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you." Kyuhyun told him cheerfully.

Zhou Mi just glared, wishing he could reply.

"Good. Then I'll send Henry in with the discharge papers."

****

'Sending Henry in' took a lot longer than it seemed. Zhou Mi got to watch Kyuhyun attempt to juggle the TV remote and his phone, forgetting that the remote was connected to a cord. The result was that it got wrapped around the table attached to his bed, followed by an apology from Kyuhyun before he disappeared.

Henry walked in soon after that, the papers in his hand. "Sorry about the wait. Doctor Lee wanted to make sure that you knew that he was serious about your recovery."

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Zhou Mi grumbled, taking the papers to sign them.

"Yet you hate to relax, I'm guessing." Henry replied, arching his eyebrow when he saw the TV remote. "What happened here?"

"I don't know. Maybe it happened while I was... asleep."

"Uh-huh. Perhaps I'll come check on you while you're home."

"Why?"

"Because I live close to you and I doubt you'll follow the restrictions without someone checking on you."

He was right about that, as much as Zhou Mi didn't want to admit it. "I don't even know you."

"I'm Henry Lau, Chinese but born in Canada. Your nurse, and soon-to-be recovery assistant."

"That's not a thing."

"It is now."

"Why?"

"Because you're the second Chinese person I've met here and I want to make sure you're healthy."

"Who's the first?"

"My boyfriend, Kris. You'll meet him later."

"I won't be able to say no, will I."

"Nope." Henry smiled cheerfully at him, taking the papers. "So accept the help."

"Fine. I accept then." Zhou Mi replied solemnly.

"Don't look so serious, ge. You're going home after all."

"Yeah, I know."