Ch 11

Haunted (Rewrite)

"Well?" Heechul asked,arching one eyebrow. "You didn't move here until after they died."

Zhou Mi thought frantically about a plausible explanation before sighing. "...Would you believe me if I said that Kyuhyun is still in the house?"

"Cho Kyuhyun is still living in your house?" He repeated. "That.. would actually explain a lot of things."

"It would?"

"Do you honestly think you were the only one interested in living there? A lot of people visited that house but you're the only one who stayed. A few of them stuck around town to talk about their experience. They all talked about something at the house that did not want them there."

"Well, for some reason, he seems to like having me around."

"Hmm, interesting. Seems there's a lot more to you than meets the eye." Heechul replied with a light smirk. "He's not going to show up at the shop, is he?"

"He said he can't leave the house. I'm not sure I believe him though."

"Probably a good choice."

Zhou Mi tilted his head a little, following Heechul to the door. "You sound like you knew him."

"I did know him. He was a big fan of pranks. Wouldn't surprise me if he still is." Heechul opened the door to leave.

"He is." The redhead confirmed. "He tried rattling chains at me this morning."

"Yeah, sounds like him." Heechul checked his phone before looking over at him. "Listen, Mi, I like talking with you about Kyuhyun but I've got a date with Ryeowook coming up and I need to get ready for it. I'll call you later about your schedule."

Zhou Mi nodded his head. "Of course. Tell Wookie I said hi." He replied, ing the top two buttons of his shirt.

"I will as long as you burn that shirt." The older man told him.

He chuckled softly, nodding his head. "It's going in the garbage as soon as I get home."

"Good."

With that, the two parted,going to their own cars.

****

"Kyuhyun?" Zhou Mi walked inside the house, looking around for the other man.

Surprisingly there was no sign of the ghost.

He sighed, shutting the door behind him before taking the shirt off.

"I didn't think we knew each other that well."

Zhou Mi jumped at the voice, whirling around to see Kyuhyun smirking at him from the couch. "Where did you come from?"

"Sorry, not telling. I'm enjoying the show too much."

He growled, throwing his shirt at the other man. Not surprisingly, the shirt went right through him and landed behind the couch. "Do you know a man named Kim Heechul?"

"Yeah, why?"

"He wasn't surprised that you were still here."

"And how did that come up?"

"Your aunt showed up at the place I had an interview." Zhou Mi sat down on the couch with a low groan. "She's really hung up on the idea of me getting rid of all your stuff."

"You didn't, did you?"

"No, I've got it in storage. I wasn't going to tell her that though."

"Good. Wonder what's in there that she doesn't want anyone to find?"

"Who knows. I'll look through it some time."

"Did you get the job?"

"What?"

"You said she showed up at the place where you had an interview. Did you get the job?"

Zhou Mi shook his head. "They forgot about me, didn't even interview me. I do have a job with Heechul though."

"Bet you'll get along with him quite well. You both like fashion after all." Kyuhyun replied, disappearing without another word.