Rings (Chaelisa)

Black to the Pink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose's POV.

Lisa and I sat on a bench by the harbor, watching tourists queueing up for those duck boat tours around the city. Couldn’t have picked a nicer day for it, either: Busan’s sweltering, sticky summers turn into bitter, windy winters with only about a week or two of gorgeous fall days in between.

 

Today was one of those. We wanted to have one last nice meal outdoors at a café before it got too cold.

“What do you think?” I said after about a half an hour of silent people watching. “You ready to go get some lunch?”

“Sure.” She grinned at me. I should have seen it coming right there, but I didn’t. “Before we go, though…” she slipped off the bench and down onto one knee with one fluid motion.

 

She was well practiced by now. There was flash of something silvery in her hand, glinting in the sunlight. “Will you marry me?”

One of the tourists in line for the boat noticed and said something to the others. There was a chorus of “Awwwww!”s, and a few camera flashes.

Other people walking by on the sidewalk stopped to gawk as well. People always seem to get a vicarious thrill out of seeing someone else get proposed to.

 

They all held their breath, waiting for me to answer.

“Of course!” I said, almost shouting. “Of course I’ll marry you!”

She slipped the ring onto my finger. This one, I noticed, was a tin foil gum wrapper that had been tightly rolled up into the shape of a ring.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter