2o. when he craves attention

My Boyfriend (나의 남자 친구)

"Chaeyoung."

"Hm?" I half-heartedly reply, gripping the binder at hand as I feel my focus shifting.

"Chaeyoung," Junhoe repeats again. He scoots his body close to me, tugging his cotton jacket under us. The space it leaves exposes the park grass to tickle my skin. One hand leaving the binder, I tug the jacket back to me.

Not in the mood to entertain him, I don't say anything. In my mind, that's normal since he didn't explain himself on why he's bothering me. I'm too busy studying childcare concepts ranging two pages. Two pages!

"Are you ignoring me now?" I can imagine him pouting as the upset in his tone becomes evident. 

Patting his arm, eyes still trained to my notes, I say, "Sweetie, review too or something. I'll quiz you later."

"Don't wanna study..." Junhoe grumbles.

"Study."

"I wanna kiss you."

"Later."

"I demand attention."

"Mhm."

"Chaeyoung." Junhoe wriggles my wrist, causing the binder to move to its direction. "Give me attention."

A hand reaches over my head to adjust Junhoe's backpack I use as a pillow. "Later."

"You said later an hour ago."

"It was just a second ago, Junhoe. Don't exaggerate."

My boyfriend puts his arm around my waist, creating lazy circles with his finger. "It felt like an hour."

Even though I don't want to, Junhoe's touch makes me smile, hidden beneath the covers of the binder. Still, I don't budge. "I'm studying." I turn around to send him a message not to pester me anymore but he still keeps hugging me.

"Chaeyoung," Junhoe calls, now using a whining tone. His arm extends around my middle to haul me close to him, his chin digging on my shoulder. "Chaeyoung..."

I stifle the urge to giggle. Biting my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling, I refocus back on my notes, trying but failing miserably.

"Chaeyoung." My boyfriend plants butterfly kisses on my cheeks. "Notice me."

Unable to hold it in anymore, my mouth bubbles into laughter. "Junhoe!"

Turning to face him, I place the binder down my navel, finally seeing a frowning Junhoe as expected. The afternoon light in the park becomes blinding for a moment, making me blink to adjust. My boyfriend lifts his hand up from my waist to cover the side of my head.

"Are you gonna stop studying and love me now?"

"If I fail this test, I'm so going to get mad at you."

Junhoe inches his face closer, a smirk playing on his lips. "That's kinda hot."

"So I'm not hot when I'm not mad?"

Shrugging, he kisses the side of my lips. "Only when you ignore me."

"You're pretty unfair, you know. You don't notice me too when you play your games."

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?"

With his natural sharp eyes turning doe-like, how can I resist?

I place the binder away from me and let him kiss me under this beautiful afternoon, giggling as he does so because I realize, he got what he wanted after all.

~🌸tbc.