16. when he gets me things i need (without me saying it)

My Boyfriend (나의 남자 친구)

Junhoe isn't the type to carry bags. If he's asked, he'd never. He's more of the wallet, keys, and phone in his pockets kind of guy. When we weren't dating yet, I thought his backpack was a prop to complete the college guy look because of how flat it looked. Opening it, you'd only see his binder. One binder for one big backpack? He's better off handcarrying it.

Lately though, I notice his backpack's getting heavier. It's finally serving its purpose, you know? I never asked about it. Maybe he has projects requiring him to bring tools or something.

We're stuck in traffic after a long day in school. Same old scenario, nothing new. It's raining, smack in the middle of fall. When it rains, it gets cold and I easily get cold. Not only that, but I also wore something thin. I pretended it wasn't affecting me because Junhoe's on the verge of a reprimanding mode. The last thing I want is him doing that. So I don't say anything and hug myself instead, staring at the drawings we made in the fog forming on the window.

A frown forms in my face when I take a look at his chipmunk drawing. He always loves pointing out that I look like a chipmunk. Like, why? I'm way cuter than a chipmunk. I'd like it more if he compares me to a baby. Babies are cute.

"Hey." He nudges my side. "You okay?"

"Don't talk to me," I say through gritted teeth.

He doesn't consider my threatening voice to be threatening at all. Instead, he chuckles. "Is this because of that chipmunk thing?"

"Hmph."

"Okay. I'll erase it for you." Junhoe outstretches a hand towards the window but I nudge it away.

"Don't." I can't keep a smile from sneaking any longer. "It reminds me how bad you are at drawing."

"Woah. Just because you're good doesn't give you the right to insult others' artwork."

"Artwork? This is a stickman, Junhoe. If you didn't point out this is a chipmunk, I'd think that it's a snowman."

"The tail doesn't give it away?"

I squint my eyes to get a better look. "Now that I think about it, your drawing looks more like a dog...."

Junhoe chuckles again. "Do you feel cold?" He s his bag sitting on his lap. He pulls out a folded grey hoodie and nudges me with it.

Scooting my deeper on the seat, I accept the sweater and wear it right away. It smells so much like him... I can't help but giggle. This is why I love wearing his clothes. Not only that but it's sizes bigger than me. It feels like a hug from my boyfriend when he's not with me physically. Like, when I miss him, I'd wear the clothes I 'borrowed' from him to sleep and get excited to meet him the next day. It sounds kinda creepy I know, but that's how much I miss having him around.

Junhoe reaches out to gather my hair, then tucks it out of the jacket. I bury my chin deeper in the thick but warm fabric, looking at him with a curious gaze. "Why do you carry an extra jacket if you already wear one?"

He shrugs and pockets his hands inside his own hoodie jacket, like a kangaroo mommy pocket on his stomach area. Oooh! We're wearing matching shirts, only he's wearing a black one. "You steal my jacket when you get cold all the time."

"I do not."

"Your voice says you do."

I sigh. "Fine. I do. Don't you get mad about it though?"

"The only thing I get mad about is the decline of hoodies in my inventory. You never give it back."

"I'll give you more hoodie presents!"

Junhoe looks like in the middle of rolling his eyes but I send him a stare, telling him to dare doing it. He settles with a sigh. "Giving those back is more of an ideal solution..."

I pull my lower lip down. "But those have your scent..."

"And that's more important than spending on new hoodies?"

The collar part of the jacket raises when I slink farther on my seat, burying myself under it up to my nose. "Clothes become special because of its scent..."

Junhoe shakes his head and doesn't say anything more. He proceeds to open his bag again and pulls out a familiar bag of orange and green. A stifled gasp escapes my lips, the sight of the package invigorating my spirit.

He reaches it out to me. "Cheetos?"

I accept the bag, all the while looking at it in wonder as I rip the top part open with my fingers. "How did you know I'm getting hungry?"

"That's the secret; you're always hungry."

While chewing on the heavenly crunchiness of the snack, I kiss him on the cheek, my legs paddling in barely contained excitement. "Thank you..."

Junhoe chuckles, probably having a line of thought that I'm easy to please.

I peer over his bag that he just zipped close. "Can I see what else you have there?"

"There's no food if you're asking."

I shake my head. "I'm just curious what's inside your bag. You don't bring much things before."

He shrugs and opens it. Then he starts to bring out various things I never knew he brought with him. "My binder... tissues for your runny nose... hand sanitizer... mouthwash because—" My boyfriend flashes me a grin, one that made me red. "—you know, the kissing... photocopied notes from Donghyuk... some mint candies to keep you awake... some choco bars too..."

He doesn't even need to bring the extra things, yet he does. Laughing it off, I say, "Your bag's heavier because of me. Don't you get teased by your friends?"

Junhoe scoffs. "Even without my bag, they tell me I'm whipped everyday."

"Aren't you mad?"

He plants a kiss on the top of my head. "They're just jealous because I'm the one in a stable relationship."

Giggling, I lean my head on the crook of his neck all the while thinking, I do have an amazing boyfriend.

~🌸tbc