o3. when he's jealous

My Boyfriend (나의 남자 친구)

There are moments in life where Junhoe just catches me off-guard. You'd think that he'd be the type of boyfriend to get jealous easily, but it's not. When he does though, he acts so cute I just want to squish his cheeks forever.

Take this one incident for example.

It is no secret that senior Kim Jinwoo is by far, the most popular one with the girls. Said senior is also included in Junhoe's limited range of friends. I've been close with his tight-knit group, but not the seniors since I get intimidated easily, even though they have done nothing but make me feel comfortable.

So there's this one time when Junhoe and I were heading to the cafeteria, when we met senior Jinwoo on the way.

"Chaeyoung! Junhoe!"

His bright and charming smile that always captivated me took me off-guard. It felt like he was shooting me hearts with that smile. See, this is the reason why he's popular with the girls. He is so effortlessly charming and dreamy...

Oh, did I also mention that I had the biggest crush with Kim Jinwoo before I met Junhoe?

"Hyung," Junhoe greeted back. We stopped walking to wait for senior Jinwoo to catch up with us.

"Where are you going?"
"Cafeteria. You?"
"Oh! I'm going there too! Let's go there together, hm?"
"Okay. The others should be there too."

I initially planned to leave them alone, have their boy talks and all,  when Jinwoo suddenly shifted his focus at me. I guess it was expected since he disliked excluding other people from conversations, something I noticed about him whenever I'd eat with them.

"Chaeyoung – woah – you're getting prettier every day."

Fiddling with my thumbs shyly, I mumbled, "Thank you..."

"Hyung, if you see her with no makeup on, you'll be surprised," my boyfriend interjected.

It brought a downer to my mood, my shy smile turning into a frown. Trust Junhoe to ruin something like this.

"I'm pretty sure she's still beautiful." Jinwoo softly nudged Junhoe on the shoulder. "You're lucky to have someone like her. She's beautiful inside and out."

Omo. I hid my blushing face with the ends of my hair. "Oppa... stop it..."

"Oppa?" Junhoe's eyebrows seemed to disappear behind his bangs.

My cheeks heated more. Seriously, I couldn't even talk properly when I'm around with my seniors and yet, I have the audacity to call Jinwoo sunbaenim, oppa?

"I – It's not that—"

I didn't get to finish my sentence when Jinwoo ruffled my hair. Along with this gesture was his bright smile directed at me. Omo. Omo. Omo.  "Frankly, I prefer it that way. Call me like that from now on, okay? Let's get closer with each other."

I could feel my cheeks burning, but for a different purpose now. A little piece of my mind thought, does he secretly like me? Why now?

"Hyung, you don't like being called like that though," Junhoe interrupted, yet again.

"Well, this time, I'll make an exception. Let's get closer, hm?"

There he goes with his effortless smile and sparkling eyes again. Which resulted me to become a bubbling mess. Sigh. Jinwoo oppa...

"O – Of course!" I chirped.

"I hear you're quite good at playing the guitar," oppa began as we walked side by side, with Junhoe trailing behind. "Do you want to join Seungyoon's club? I could sign you up if you want to."

"Oh, no." I waved my hands dismissively. "I'm not that good at playing the guitar..."

"Nonsense!" And to my biggest shock, oppa took my hands and studied them carefully, his mouth forming in awe. He caressed the callouses that developed in my fingers for playing for too long. It sent me to look away, afraid he'd see me blushing at this little gesture. "With beautiful hands like these, you must've played a lot too."

"Well, that's partly true..."

Jinwoo released my hands, sending me a quick smile. Gosh, he doesn't know how to turn down the charm-o-meter. "You have soft hands too..."

Before I could plot a sinister plan to leave my boyfriend for Jinwoo, Junhoe's sulking image greeted my sight. His hands were shoved in his pockets, keeping a good distance between him and us, as he kicked some pebbles on the ground. A frown marred his lips, his eyes, downcast.

That sight was like cold water splashed on my face. I felt guilty for forgetting about my boyfriend for a moment. He doesn't read minds, does he?

Unfortunately, eyes are the windows of the soul, and even if Junhoe doesn't read minds, he sure knows how to read my eyes.

We arrived on their friends' table at the cafeteria in no time. The walk was long but because of Jinwoo keeping me company, the time felt like quickly passing by. Whenever he'd try to include Junhoe in our conversation, my boyfriend would only give dry responses, so at some point he didn't bother anymore and talked to me instead. It was comfortable talking to Jinwoo oppa because even though it doesn't seem like so, he is a man with a lot of things to say and a man attentive enough to listen to what I have to say.

Chorus of enthusiastic greetings met us. Jinwoo left my side and sat beside Seunghoon, another senior of mine, while Junhoe and I sat together, the two seats automatically reserved for the two of us.

After buying lunch and coming back to our seats, I was well aware of the fact that Junhoe was uncharacteristically silent. Usually, his routine included dissing his favorite hyungs, then would fight with Chanwoo, about his lovelife woes (he had a crush on a foreign girl from one of his classes, Lisa). But this time, he was so different that the others noticed it too. Then their sight would transfer on me and recognition will flash on their faces immediately. I can see the words, 'Lovers' quarrel,' flashing at the top of their heads because they were that obvious.

When a group of rowdy boys get together, there was no time for silence. In fact, I don't think silence is included in their dictionary, which explains why Junhoe standing up without a word was left unnoticeable. They think that he just went to buy something but I know the truth.

I worriedly looked at his retreating back, biting my lips in hesitation. I caught Jinhwan's eye, giving me encouragement by nodding his head, as if telling me to go after him. Sending him a smile, I hurriedly excused myself and went after my boyfriend.

"Junhoe," I called, trying to catch up with his long strides.

Given the body language he was emitting earlier, I thought he'd ignore me and continue running away, but he didn't as he stopped, leaning against the wall of the secluded hallway and crossing his arms, waiting for me.

"Junhoe," I called again as I arrived in front of him. "What's wrong?"

He looked away, an expressionless one bound on his face.

Of course I had an idea why he was acting like this. But I'd like to think it wasn't because of Jinwoo. Jinwoo always acted like that with other girls around him, even to their friends' girlfriends, just because. His actions didn't have any meaning. Jinwoo was just like that; a sweet, loveable, caring guy that you couldn't help but fall for. Junhoe knew that too.

Which led me to my next deduction. Junhoe's upset with me. Of course he knew about my adoration for Jinwoo. It long existed before we were even dating. I think I remember approaching Junhoe first because I wanted to be close to Jinwoo then.

I also knew my limitations, it was just... overwhelming for me too, you know? I had been crushing hard on Jinwoo ever since I stepped foot on this university. That doesn't mean all love was lost with my boyfriend. A long-time crush and a guy I'm in a relationship with are in stark contrast on who gets to be the one staying in my heart.

Still, I want to confirm it myself.

"At least tell me something. Please?"

"It's something stupid. Don't think about it too much."

"Junhoe..." I whined.

The same with his stubborn streaks whenever he gets into this mood, he stayed silent, unyielding even to my best aegyo voice.

The last resort was me getting in his nerves by shaking his arm. It was effective as he finally looked at me, his expressionless eyes now painted with annoyance.

He breathed hard, his cheeks puffing up with the action. "Okay. Fine. You wanna know why I'm pissed? You didn't even act like that around me on our first date. What's wrong with you? Do you like Jinwoo that much?"

I blinked once. Even though the situation didn't call for it, I wanted to laugh at how much red-faced he had been. He must've been so annoyed about it.

"Are you jealous?"

"Jealousy are for fools. Do you take me for a fool?"

Pursing my lips, I nodded.

He avoided my eyes as his shoulders squared rigidly, a telling sign whenever he lies. "I'm not... jealous."

"But Junhoe... you seem pretty tense."

"I'm not t – tense—Damn it!" He distressingly ruffled his hair. "Aishwhy is my voice shaking?"

Even though I was amused at his actions, I feel apologetic for making him feel this way. It doesn't take him much to be riled up when it's about my well-being, but the opposite when he gets jealous. So even if he's being cute getting jealous and all, I feel like a bad girlfriend. I didn't want to see him like this so I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his torso.

"I'm sorry, Junhoe. I know it's upsetting to see me like that. I'm really sorry... What can I do to make you forgive me?"

He sighed, and I could tell his resolve was crumbling. Gently pushing my shoulders away to keep a safe distance between us, he answered, "Chaeyoung... you don't have to do anything. I'm just... I don't want to be that guy who gets jealous over something stupid."

I knew he said I don't have to do anything, but he was forgetting that I'm his girlfriend, and as his girlfriend, I'm bound to be influenced with his ways. I could tell that he was still upset so I gave in to my last resort, one I know he wouldn't be able to resist: my fatal charms.

Having tapped my inner confidence, I laid my arms around his neck and played with the bits of hair on his nape, liking how the spikes tickled my fingers. "I don't know Junhoe... right now, you look too cute for my eyes. Makes me want to...kiss you." I whispered the last bit for more effect.

As if anticipating what would happen next, he placed his arms around my waist, his annoyed look washed away by a smirk. I bit my tongue to prevent myself from grinning. This guy...

As much as it's hard to get him jealous, the resolution's always the same. He falls for this kind of things everytime. Everytime, I tell you. Boys.

"Why won't you?"

Still, it's playing in my favor. If this is what'll make him forget about it, then let it be. Besides, it's a win-win situation.

"Well... I'm afraid you're still mad. You'll say I'm using my charms on you to forgive me."

His smirk grew bigger. "Why don't you find it out yourself?"

With a final smile, I plunged in and aimed for his lips. Contrary to my belief, he pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. I could feel him grinning against my lips as he did that. See what I mean?

His kisses wouldn't fail to make me weak on my knees. That was one of the things he knew about myself. Maybe it was the reason why he always put his hands on my back or like right now, around my waist, as if it was almost second nature for him. I always loved how warm his arms felt and the heat radiating off his body, much like how his lips felt on mine, only much more warm, so warm that it almost caused a trail of flames running underneath my skin.

He moved like mad, pouring his hidden frustrations in the kiss. His passion quickly swept me away and without mistake, I was a slave for his touch. A chill ran down my spine in a good kind of way. My cheeks flushed as if intoxicated. Heart racing fast, almost wanting to burst out of my ribcage... this was his effect on me.

He loved me dearly, treated me like I was the most precious girl in the whole world, but his touches were a different story. Like a shockwave, he wouldn't fail to take me by surprise. It was best to say that I got the best of both worlds. He could be the caring boyfriend hidden under spiteful words, but when physical contacts do the talking, he's a devil that binds me under his spell, makes me feel like there's no way out. And with how he was assaulting my lips today, he proved just that.

The fact that we were doing this in the school threw in a dangerous element in the mix. Normally, I would be shy and stop him since someone could see us, but I was too caught up in the moment to care. Besides, we were in a deserted hallway and most students were probably in the cafeteria, rightfully spending their breaktime.

Parting for air, he leaned his forehead on mine, his hot, shaky breaths felt on one side of my cheek.

"Next time, don't do something that'll make me jealous. Or else, I'll kiss you until you're out of breath. Got that?"

"Then... I must get you jealous more often," I replied before giggling.

~🌸tbc.
edited. plus points for me pls because really really played first on my playlist.