chapter sixteen

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   sign

 "If you want to keep your jobs, take the criminals to the station instead of asking questions." Sohee said, glaring at the two male officers whom nodded and scurried off tot he van. 

"So what have we missed?" Haeun asked, as she got in the car with Suhyun and Sohee, Haesoo sitting beside her. 

 

Haeuna nd Haesoo froze as the stood in front of the TV watching the news flash across the screen, as Sohee handed them cups of tea. They decided it would be best for everyone to meet back at Sohee's apartment since they arrested everyone that was a danger to them. 

"You seriously arrested Chief?" Haesoo asked, her eyes wide as she looked at Sohee whom leaned agaisnt the wall, Suhyun sitting at the table with her own cup of tea.

"He helped cover up the death of my mother and Jaewon's father. Who knows what else he covered up. The DA is looking into it, its a matter of Country versus him now. " Sohee said, as she went to open the door after getting a text from Jaewon saying they were there. 

"Filling in the munchkins?" Jaewon said earning a pillow thrown at him from Haeun.

"Whats the next step?" Taeha asked, as Nami and Yejin sat at the table with Suhyun.

"Haeun and haesoo will have to go through evaluations before they are able to enter the field. And Taeha will also be taking a re-entry eval. Since she went into the field and functioned fine." SOhee said, everyone smiling at the mention of Taeha's evaluation, she shook her headnot wanting to be in the field. "If we possibily have two on desk duty, we need another out with us." She said smiling at her.

"Park Jinyoung's trial is in a  few days. We need to compile all we have on EXO and WIN to hand into the prosecutor." Suhyun said, the officers all nodding. 

"Everyone head home, sleep your own bed again. We will all be at work tomorrow." Sohee said, they all nodded and began heading out.

 

Haeun's Apartment.

She smiled at the picture of her brother as her phone went off she raised an eyebrow picking it up the caller ID saying 'unknown caller', putting it to her ear she prepared for the worse.

"Still down for the drink detective?" Yixing asked, Haeun sighed in relief and smiled to herself.

"I think I deserve one at this point." She said, Yixing telling her to meet him at this bar downtown, she agreed and hung up.

 

Haesoo's apartment

She finished changing her clothes and streched getting ready to go on her nightly run when she froze at her door, flashes of her getting taken on her run flooding back she pulled out her phone and contemplated who to call.Her finger hovering over Jongin's contact. It was weird the more they worked together the more comfortable they became, she always wondered if he remembered her from a year ago or not. A knock at her door caused her to jump. She opened the door slightly and a wave of relief flowed over her as Jongin stood at the door with a duffel bag in hand.

"WHats the bag for?" She asked eyeing him from her doorway, he smiled, Haesoo swallowed her blush.

"I figured you may need some help getting through the night." He said, opening the bag showing candies and various snacks. Haesoo tried to play coy but couldn't hide her smile, she opened the door wider for him to come in.

"I was just going to go for a run real quick." She said, leanign against the wall.

"Good thing I brought my running shoes." He said pointing to see feet, removing his jacket, he set the bag down. 

 

Jaewon's apartment

He smiled as he looked at the picture of his family, before heading into his room, his sister had been staying with some friends to remain safe during everything. He laid back on his bed, his mind drifting to the look Chanyeol had on his face the first time they met in that hallway. He chuckled at the other look of shock. Jaewon sat up and furrowed his brows trying to remember where he had seenthat face of shock before. Standing up he went over to a shelf by the oor pulling out a yearbook from his high school he flipped through it looking for his year. He busted out in laughter as he spotted the familiar face with 'PARK CHANYEOL' written below it. 

"He was the one that went to every game without a doubt." Jaewon smiled at the picture, and shook his head. Putting the yearbook back he had to remember to bring it up to Chanyeol nexttime.

 

The next days passed till it was the trail day, Jaewon walked in with his sister beside him, she greeted Sohee whom was speaking some high officials. Sohee walked over to them, the two detectives in civilian clothes since they were present as family of the victims. Sohee hugged his sister with a smile, the younger girl looked around.

"Is Minseok oppa, not coming?" She asked, Jaewon swallowed a lump in his throat and nudged his sister whom only glared at him.

"He is currently handling some business. Let's go inside." She said, letting Jihye go ahead of them.

"He's not killing anyone right?" Jaewon asked through gritted teeth, Sohee bowed as officials looked at them.

"He has a meeting with the DA assigned to WIN." She said sitting on the left of Jaewon as he sat beside Jihye on his right.

"WIN? I thought he was getting charged as EXO?" He whispered, Sohee smirked.

"WIN is getting a ll the blame. Minseok is just putting a fire under SM, appearantly the DA has been after them since the '90s." Sohee said as the judge entered.

Hours of evidence and witnesses went by before the judges left to convine. Park Jinyoung looked over to Sohee and smirked, she rolled her eyes as the judges returned.

"Park Jinyoung is found quilty of perjury, accesory to murder, accomplice to murder and corruption. " The judges said, Sohee smiled to herself as Jihye and Jaewon squeezed each other's hand.

 

"Former Police Chief Park Jinyoung has been found guilty on multiple charges." The news caster said, Nami, Yejin, Haesoo, Haeun and Suhyun smiled and nodded glad they get to see SOhee and Jaewon's parents get justice.

"Who do you think is gonna be the temporary Chief?" Yejin asked from her desk, the girls all thought for a moment.

"Either Sohee or Captain Namjoon." Haesoo said, the others nodding.

"Why Sohee? She isn't that high in ranks." Taeha said from where she was laying down on the couch in the office.

"Doesn't mean that won't make her temp till they find someone to take over our district." Nami said, Taeha nodded and went back to trying to take a nap.

 

After ringing in the New Year the group of detectives sat with the former hitmen, all sharing stories and jokes. Jongin had his arm drapped around Haesoo's shoulders, Junmyeon and Taeha kept sharing looks, Haeun and Yixing were obviously flirting with each other, Yejin and Sehun were just drawing circles on their napkins and bickering to themselves. Suhyun and Jongdae were teasing each other, Nami sat drinking by herself as Kyungsoo did the same beside her, Chanyeol and Jaewon chatting away catching up on their lifes since high school. Sohee smiled to herself seeing the group finally acting like normal people. They all turned their heads as the door opened, Baekhyun and Minseok walking in, Sohee was the first to react and hugged Minseok tightly, he sighed as he hugged her back. Nami kissed Baekhyun as he ook a seat beside her, everyone stopped what they were doing stared at the two in shock.

"What?" Nami ased, Sohee chuckled as Minseok took a chair to sit beside Sohee. 

Life had seemed to begin to work itself out. SOmething they wouldn't have even expected. 

"Since everyone is here." Minseok said, disrupting Jaewon's interal monologue. He got out of his chair, Sohee raised an eyebrow at him as he looked like he was picking up something off the ground. Jongdae kicked a small blackbox to him right on time, Minseok knelt on one knee, Sohee's eyes widening. "This year has been crazy. but, so many things have came out of it. So I don't feel like I'm gonna regret it the next time you disappear without a word, will you marry me? That way I can pull the 'you married into this' card." He said, chuckling to himself mostly from nerves. Sohee nodded and pulled him up and hugged him, everyone cheered as did everyone else in the bar.

 

As I was saying, so many things came to light this year. And none of it we regret. Even-

"We need to go." Suhyun said showing her phone, one of the dispatchers sending her an address with a message below it.

CALLING A LL UNITS

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! This was the official last chapter TT.TT There will be an epilouge as well but, this is techinically the end of Callin All Units!