chapter ten

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   blooming day

Sohee sighed as she sat in the kitchen area of the warehouse, a cup of warm tea in her hands as she stared at the dark liquid in it. Suhyun smiled at the sight of the eldest detective up in the middle of the night, the head detective pouring herself a cup of tea before sitting beside her.

"Can't sleep either?" Suhyun asked, Sohee nodded, sipping on the tea.

"I have a bad feeling about this." She said, as footsteps joined them in the kitchen.

"I didn't take you two for tea people." Junmyeon said, with a kind smile joining them with a cup of tea at the table.

"Anxiety before a big interrogation." Suhyun said taking a sip, the warehouse dark and peaceful as the three sat at the table.

"There are times when the guys and I aren't sure we will make it out of a mission. We always give ourselves something to fight for or to look forward to after the darkness we deal with. Minseok hyung has you to come home to," He gestured to Sohee, "And Chen might have a crush on a certain head detective." He smiled seeing how confused Suhyun became.

 

Haeun panted as she paused on her run, having found the need to run to get herself to fall sleep. She looked out over the Han River which the warehouse stood on the other side, she looked up to the sky with a sigh.

"What to do, Namjae. What to do." She mumbled to herself as she felt someone behind her, her instincts kicked in, she ducked swinging her leg out knocking the figure off their feet. They fell back with a groan in pain, she stood over him and winced noticing who it was. 

"I don't know why I wasn't expecting that." Yixing groaned in Mandarin, slowly standing back up as Haeun backed away avoiding his eyes.

"Sorry." She replied, she couldn't tell if his face shocked or if always looked confused.

"Talking to him again?" He asked, nodding to the sky, she looked at her hands and nodded. "Come on, let's continue your run." He suggested, she smirked in reply and took off. 

Haeun felt confused ever since she met Yixing, again. The first being when had opened a case on her older brother's murder once becoming a detective. 

"Jae, try not to check out every single guy we pass." She whispered to the taller detective, he nodded linking their arms as they entered the high end bar, where music played and socialites drank. She was wearing heels something Jaewon will never let her live down, especially since she told Nami she could go undercover for this one.

"There, look." Jaewon whispered into her ear nodding over to a doorway, where a man in a way too expensive suit entered, someone closing the door behind him. 

When the man turned around it just happened to be the first time Yixing saw Haeun.

"Lu. Woman Dark blue dress. I'll keep an eye on her. You on the tall male, red suit." Yixing said, into his communication system.

His eyes remained on her the whole night even when you slipped into the back office where all the files were kept, so when she walked to him in confidence he smirked. Her flashing her police badge, only made him laugh, her face twitching at his reaction. She pulled her gun off of her leg holster, pointing it at him, he smirked locking eyes with her. He hit the gun out of her hand and removed the magazine throwing it aside, her fist landing on his face her knee meeting his abdomen, and her hand twisting his arm behind his back.

"Now, you are going to get out of my way unless you want to be arrested." She whispered in his ear in Mandarin, he nodded she released him and eyed him as he put his arms up.

"Due to my contract, I neeed to sit in on this interrogation." He lied through his teeth in mandarin. 

He crossed his arms as she listed his clients charges in Korean and Mandarin.

"And finally the murder of a Do Namjae, also known as my brother. With 20 counts of murder, Hangeng, I don't think your lawyer can get you out of this." She said, as Jaewon cuffed him.

"If we survive this, I think we need to get a drink." Yixing said, as they reached the warehouse.

"Fine." Haeun agreed, finally, Yixing had been trying to get closer with her since they met again. Yixing smiled as he opened the door.

 

Haesoo greeted the older detectives as she headed into the kitchen that morning, Jaewon and Taeha looked exhausted from gathering evidence almost all night. Nami had gotten her first night of decent sleep since they started staying at the warehouse, Yejin had just got in from her parents' house. She noticed the detectives weren't all grouped together like they normally were. Haeun was in the shooting range with Yixing and Kyungsoo.  Taeha sat with Junmyeon and Sohee going over the blueprints of the buildings. Suhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol were loading up bags; Jongin and Sehun were eating in the kitchen with Yejin. Minseok walked out of the armery checking off with a pen on a piece of paper.

"Everyone have there happy event?" Minseok asked, the detectives all looked to each other confused, he looked up and made eye contact with Sohee. "Good. Detectives be safe. Let us know if you need help." He said, Jongin grabbed Haesoo's wrist as she was walking after the other detectives.

"Be safe. I won't be there to save you this time." He teased, she chuckled and smiled.

"I don't always need saving but, thank you for caring." She said, heading out after the others.

They waved as the detectives drove away, Junmeyon's face becoming serious.

"Kyungsoo, you cracked it, yet?" He asked dropping their alias', as he walked inside.

"A few more minutes then we will have all of the files in Cloud 9." He said, Junmeyong nodded the others loaing their guns

"We know the plan, right?" Jongin asked, putting on his black mask, the others following suit all nodding.

"Lets roll." Minseok said, throwing aa pair of keys to Chanyeol whom, caught them in one hand. Kyungsoo wised them luck as he put snacks around his desk along with bottles of water.

 

"So, anything knew?" Haeun asked, from the backseat of SUhyun's car, she couldn't take the silence anymore.

"We have been with each other almost everyday for the past few months, I think you woul know when something new came up." Nami said, Haeun nodded the slid down in her seat awkwardly.

"After we close this case we may need to all take a leave." Suhyun said, the two looking to the team lead whom had her eyes focused on the road.

"Why?" Haeun snapped, irritated.

"With the scale of attention the culpirt is getting once we get them, they will wonder why we have yet to catch EXO." SUhyun said, turning at the light looking around for parking. "We all will need to lay low. Here we are." She said, parking the car across from the tall glass building. "Can't believe I'm saying this, don't pull your guns out unless its life theartening." Suhyun said eyeing the two in the car before getting out, adjusting her jacket to stay warm and running across the street with the other two in tow. 

"It's December?" Haeun asked Nami as they entered the building Christmas decorations hanging on the walls and ceiling along with a large Chirstmas Tree. 

"Yeah. Do you never check your phone?" Nami asked, bewildered the other would ask such a question.

 

"In position." Jongdae said into his coms as he holstered his gun plugging a hard drive into a computer system.

"Dark lord is in." D.O said, Jongdae cringed and sighed.

"I thought we agreed you need to stop calling yourself that." Junmyeon chimed in, D.O coughing awkwardly as Jongdae sat in a computer chair looking at the monitors.

"Xiumin, watch out to your right four metal doors cameras pointed away from them." Jongdae said, Baekhyun appearing besde the older after hearing Jongdae. "Phoenix, honey. Thats a dead end." Everyone held back a chuckle as the clumsy giant flipped off the camera and turned around.

"Well whatever they had on us isn't in their system." Kyungsoo said, interrupting Jongdae teasing the different guys.

"Where is it then?" Jongin asked, as Sehun and him cleared a hall.

"Found a room filled with our pictures." Yixing deadpanned, the guys all freezing in their places.

"They know our faces, our names and a good bit of information on us." Junmyeon said, as he followed Yixing. "Jongdae we are in the east wing fourth door, any cameras?" He asked as they looked around the room.

"No, they left it out on purpose." Jongdae said, grabbing the hard drive and heading out to the leader.

"They know the detectives." Yixing said, throwing a file on the table, as they all gathered in the room.

 

"If you two don't stop bickering, I swear I will throw you both in a holding cell." Sohee said, as Jaewon and Yejin slowly quieted down after the threat, as the four walked into the underground club looking around  as it was empty accept for a few burly looking guys.

"Where's Dongwoon?" Yejin asked the bartender whom was cleaning up after the night shift, he nodded towards the back, she nodded leading the detectives to the back dark hallway.

"Mr. Dongwoon?" Yejin called out opeing the door, a woman in a skippy dress scurrying out of his office.

"Yejin-ah, it's been awhile." He cooed, she scoffed, pulling out her badge.

"Not so enticing now. " Jaewon said, looking to Sohee whom was looking around his office.

"Now, you wanna answer our questions or get arrested on drug and prostituion first?" Sohee said, wiping her hand over a file cabinet making a face at the dust on her hand.

"What do you want to know?" He asked with a sigh.

 

"Suhyun isn't answering." Jongdae said, putting his phone in his pocket.

"Neither is Sohee." Minseok said, sighing, placing his phone on the table.

 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! ANother chapter! A lot of details will be brought back and brought to light in the next couple chapters!