chapter four

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   forever

Sohee sighed running a hand through her hair as she and Suhyun sat in the warehouse looking through files for any similar cases, Jongdae and Minseok walked in carrying cups of coffee handing them to the two detectives. Junmyeon had since left back to work along with Chanyeol, and Yixing, as The detectives headed back to the station, Nami heading back undercover in Kwon Industries to keep an eye on the CEO. Jaewon going back into the archives to pull more unsolved cases, Haeun and Haesoo speaking with victim's family and co-workers for some sort of connection to everyone like a person they all met prior to their passing. Taeha running reports as Yejin asking her connections about anyone new into the scene with vengence on the agenda.

"Nothing." Suhyun sighed, as Jongdae rubbed his face in exhaustion his phone chiming his alarm going off.

"Got to go. Let me know if you need anything." He said, grabbing his jacket and coffee heading out to SM Secruity.

"This makes no sense. There are no similar cases at all. Maybe they are just starting on revenge." Minseok said, stretching his arms as Sohee stared at the file log, groaning. The other two looked at the detective confused.

"My mom's case file. It's gone." She said, throwing the log down on the table.

"How?" Suhyun asked, confused as they were the only one to check out the files in years.

"More like Who." Sohee said, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

"You remember what dad did the day before he died?" Jaewon asked Jihye as he sat on their couch in their apartment, their dogs laying by his feet.

"He had a meeting with some business partner I think." She answered, carrying the pot of ramen to the small table in front of him.

"Huh. Do you remember anything else?" He asked, she shook her head, he glanced to his backpack where Sohee's mother's case file sat.

 

"Thank you so much." Haesoo said, a proud smile on her face as she wrote something down, she put the phone down back in its place as the office doors opened.

"Haeun unnie, I got an address." She said, then glanced at the door to see Jongin with a charming smile. She didn't want to admit it but, he really looked good in anything.

"How can I help you?" She asked typing in the address to the computer to see any records on it. "

Just want to know how the case is going. If you got anything new like an address of sorts." He said, leaning on Yejin's desk to her left.

"Just cause our leads agreed to work together doesn't mean I trust you enough to willingly hand over evidence or leads." Haesoo said, freezing as she read over a case file.

"We are-" "Oh my god." "What?" Jongin asked, leaning over her shoulder, his eyes widened. "How-What." He muttered as she printed out the file and logged out of her computer.

"As much as I don't want to say it. I need your help on this one." She said, standing putting on her jacket.

"Lets go." He said, the two heading out of the office.

 

"Thank you, again." Haeun said, with bow as she left the first victim's place of work.

"Oh, Haeun." Yejin called, the smaller nodded to the other as they met outside of the building. "Haven't heard anything on my side. They're keeping an eye out though."

"Turns out the father had a meeting the day before. I have a feeling the mother and kid just were in the way." Haeun said, as they walked to the squad car, getting inside Yejin's phone rang.

"Yejin, speaking." She answered, her eyes widened. "You are doing what?!" She exclaimed, Haeun jumped slightly turning her head to the other as she turned the car on. "Haeun and I are on our way." She hung up before sighing. "SM Secruity, now." She said, Haeun pulled out of the parking spot.

 

"Jongin oppa? I thought you were on lunch." A girl asked as she walked to the tan male and Haesoo.

"So it's Jongin." Haesoo muttered, Jongin scratched the back of his neck.

"My girlfriend wanted to see the building. She's a tech genius." He said, draping an arm around Haesoo's shoulders, the female in front of then noticably tensed at the g-word.

"Well, I got to go." She said, rushing off, He sighed in relief.

"Sorry, shes a tad crazy." Jongin justified as he dropped his arm as she was out of sight.

"I get it. Lets find Suho." Haesoo said as they walked to the elevators.

 

"Junmyeon, may I speak with you?" The CEO, Lee Sooman, asked stepping into the Cheif of Security's office.

"Of course sir." he gestured him to sit in one of the comfy shairs in the room going and sitting accross from him.

"I need you to be my secruity detail for my meeting today, with the recent attacks I know I can count on only the best. Who else then EXO's lteam lead." The older man said, Junmyeon nodded in agreement, he pulled out a secruity pass setting two on the table.

"Sir, I already pass my level access cards." He said, the CEO chuckled.

"One is for you, the other is for Yixing. You need cards to access Cloud 9." He said, standing as Jongin and Haesoo knocked and walked in, the tan male bowing politley.

"See you in a few." He said, taking his leave, as he walked down the hallway Junmyeon commed Kyungsoo down the hall.

"Shut off my cams." He said, waiting till he said it was done before speaking. "Lay and I just gained access to Cloud 9." He said, Haesoo smiled.

"Even better. One of the victims had a meeting here and were told to go to the 15th floor, which doesn't exist right? Right." Jongin began, Haesoo smirked as their was a knock on the door, the three looked at the door Yixing Haeun and Yejin walking in.

"Came just in time." Haesoo said, the others taking seats. "I searched the archives for the address they gave me, twenty years ago this place was built blueprints still exist from the case as former constructers were killed. Lee Sooman was investigated, the detectives on the case soon passed in-" "Car accidents." Haeun finished, Haesoo nodded.

"Whenever someone looks into him they end up dead, Cloud 9 isn't above ground its below." Haesoo finished giving Junmyeon the report on the case.

"So?"

"That means its someone in Cloud 9, whom is controlling these hitmen." Yejin stated, they all looked at each other.

 

"So, we just have to narrow down who it is." Nami said, as they all stood in front of the board in the warehouse.

"Lets get to it." Jaewon said, everyone breaking off into groups naturally.

 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! Sohee is back! A little Chanyeol and Jaewon moment.