chapter eight

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   lady

Suhyun sighed as she stood in the hallway, pushing her hair out of her face as Sohee removed her gloves.

"This is our group but, a woman and letting the kid live?" Sohee asked, she looked into the living room where an officer played with the child.

"What if we were wrong and its been serial killers all along." Suhyun questioned, her hand on her hips, her eyes looking into the kids room.

"We thought his M.O. was the investers and shareholders. Victimology is practically the same, besides that one kid they haven't killed one kid." Sohee said, her eyes darting around like she conected something in her mind. "What if the 8 year old was in the way? This kid is only 4, at that age they wouldn't be able to point anyone out." Suhyun nodded, walking into the kids room looking around it.

"There was no forced entry to any of the scenes, beside the attempt on Kwon Boah, right?" Suhyun asked, Sohee hummed a response. "If this is a group, one has a connection to our victims the others are able to get in through them. Who is someone mothers and older males with trust?" She said, then froze looking over her shoulder to Sohee.

"Young women." They chorused, Sohee pulled her phone out and called Kyungsoo.

"The Dark Lord of the Internet speaking." Kyungsoo said, as he watched the trackers on his screen seeing SOhee's and Suhyun's location.

"Can you look through CCTV again this time look for a woman in her early to late 20s, maybe in distress or lost. She could met the victims moments before their demise. Heechul and Boah she could have set up an appointment proir to the attacks." Sohee said, Kyungsoo hummed typing on his computer setting a system to look through the CCTV for repeating faces.

"Anything else I should look for?" He asked his eyes glancing to the moving trackers on the screen.

"If it is a woman, she might have a sentiment to childern, so someone that sees herself in them. She was probably abandoned or left as a child." She said, as Suhyun picked something of the ground. Holding it up she showed it to Sohee. "Look for women in the range of all crime scenes, with hospital records of mental illness in the age range and with that background. Thanks." She hung up, grabbing an evidence bag from the CSI.

 

"Chen take the back entrance, Phoenix clear the outside, I'll go through the front entrance." The three pulled up their black masks, pulling down their baseball caps, securing their hand guns and knifes just in case.

Junmyeon walked through the front door pulling his gun out he walked through the hall, checking every corner.

 

"Someone help!" Yejin yelled out the small space in the metal door, faking distress. The large goon walked up to the opening. "You got to help him, he's lost conciousness." She began shaking the goon rolled his eyes and pulled open the large lock, telling her to step back.

Complying she stepped back than ran towards the dark corner as if to show him where he was, as he stepped into the room, Sehun kicked the back of his right knee the goon falling forward. Yejin grabbed the gun holstered on the goon's waist, as Sehun slammed his foot on his left hand breaking it again. He sat on the goon's back wrapping his hands on his head, his eyes darker as he snapped his neck. Yejin felt her blood freeze, at the sound of the neck cracking.

"Let's go." Sehun said casually his eyes back to normal as they walked into the hallway.

"Armery is up ahead." She whispered, he nodded as he looked around the dark hallway.

The sound of a gunshot made the two turn around to see a man fall back onto the ground.

"I told your bosss to stay away from them." A woman said as she squated over his body as two men turned down the hallway, Sehun pulled Yejin behind a wall.

"Anything?" She asked the other two they shook their heads, the three sighed before walking past the wall the two were behind.

 

Chanyeol touched his earpiece, "Someone else is here. No gaurds though so I doubt whomever brought him here." he said, as his phone vibrated.

Kyungsoo rose an eyebrow as the text flashed onto his computer screen.

I need a favor.

Rolling his eyes Chanyeol stuffed his phone in his pocket, as Jongdae nodded to him as he exited the building. "Nothing." He said into the earpiece.

"Guys." Junmyeon said as he walked into an office room. "They know about us." He sighed taking in the room. "Everything." 

 

"Here is a list of all of the women that fit your description." Kyungsoo said handing the list to Suhyun as the two walked into the hideout, Jaewon and Haesoo following in soon after.

"M.E found no defense wounds. She was stabbed 2 times before the one on her thoart which intially killed her. With four stabs post mortem." Jaewon said, handing them a copy of the file.

"Wait." Suhyun said, pulling out her phone dialing a number. "Hey, dad." She said, Sohee looked surprised as the three hitmen returned.

"Where did you guys go?" Haesoo asked, as Minseok and Jongin walked into the main room both holding files.

"Unorganized, right?" Jongin asked, Sohee nodded turning her attention to them. "Hows this for unorganized?" He asked, showing them a photo of the first scene of the family. Haesoo looked away from the picture.

"What about it? The father was killed first then the boy and his mother." Jaewon stated, Minseok nodded.

"Here's thing the father was tied down as the wife was intially stabbed." Minseok said, Haesoo looked to him.

"Their sadists." Haesoo said then looked at the photos. "One of them isn't, look all pictures are turned away as if they don't want people watching."

"Something is physically wrong with one of them. An alpha woman otherwise the last child would have died." Jaewon said, the group nodded as Suhyun returned.

"My father worked close with the French government as a serial killer terriosed France, he tracked him to Korea then lost scent of him. He would treat families the same way, making the child watching the father die than kill them followed by the woman. He targeted families of three or five, if their was a daughter she would be left alive." Suhyun said, Haesoo grabbed the recent file.

"The kid is a girl. The other was a male." Haesoo said, they all looked to Suhyun.

"My father profiled his stressor to be his wife or loved one leaving him alone with a kid. A guy where his father and mother abandoned him, leaving him alone." Suhyun said as they all sat around the table the other four on speaker phone listening as they were tracking the Chief.

"He might have been able to hide in plain sight for all of this time. Something must have stopped him then." Nami said, as Jaewon and Chanyeol wheeled in another white board.

"Let's start with what we know." Sohee said as Junmyeon signaled the hitmen to come with him.

"We went looking for Sehun. They know about our trackers, they left his in a place on perpose. Whoever is behind this know more about us than we know about them." Junmyeon said after Minseok closed the shooting range door.

"Have they been studying us?" Yixing asked, Junmyeon nodded crossing his arms over his chest.

"They know our history, our training, everything." Chanyeol added, they all sighed stress filling their bodies.

"If they know where we are, why haven't they came for us?" Minseok asked as Kyungsoo leaned against the wall.

"They know we have nothing on them." Junmyeon said, before leaving the room the guys following after him. Sohee's phone began ringing, she looked confused as she picked up.

"Officer Jeon SOhee, speaking." Her eyes widened. "Yes. Yes. I'll be there soon." She hung up before getting up. "Yejin was admitted into the hospital." She said, the detectives all nodded as she took off.

"Kai, go with her, Wind might be with her." Junmyeon ordered, the hitman followed after the eldest detective. 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! SSecond update in one month! I am getting back into the swing of things. Might be MIA again in a few weeeks or days due to moving.