chapter five

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   a million dreams

A few weeks had passed of no attacks and any advances in the case, as snow began to fall Yejin played with her hands as she sat in the passenger seat of Sehun's car. The two staking out Lee Sooman's house seeing if he gets any visitors during the night. Probably the most awkward Yejin had ever felt, she tapped her finger on the door to fill the silence. 

"Look, I get you don't like me but, can we turn on the radio or something? The silence is deafening." Yejin said, glancing at Sehun whom kept his stoic face. What a waste of a handsome face. She thought sighing and looking back out the window, he rubbed his forehead before clearing his thoart.

"I hate the thought of working with cops." He said, his eyes scanning the area, Yejin nodded.

"Cause your a hitman, don't blame you for hating us." She said, not noticing how he tensed when she called him a hitman.

"I also don't think you would whoever this is without us." He said, scoffing.

"And why is that?" Yejin asked, turning her head to look at his bady langauge, noting how his fist clenched as if remembering something bad. "Trust goes both ways doesn't it?" She said, laughing lightly. "Since we are stuck here for like another 12 hours might as well trust each other." He rubbed his face avoiding turning his head.

"Thats the thing-"

"My father was a detective, he had this one case that practicily destoryed him inside. I remember being in the station during the case, there was this boy, he wore a blank expression, which was the scariest thing to me." She said, looking ad her hands, this was the first time since they met he wasn't yelling at her and glaring at her, his eyes elsewhere. She was trying her hardest to to help him in anyway she could. "He was scared, more than anything." She said, looking out the window, spotting lee Sooman on the phone on the balcony. "Does Sooman normally take calls at home?" She asked her eyebrows furrowed.

"No, he has a strict policiy on no phones." Sehun said, looking out her window pulling out his phone calling Kyungsoo.

"Your tech lord, D.O. speaking." Kyungsoo said with the phone tucked between his ear and shoulder, as he ate ramen at the desk in the warehouse.

"I need you to track a phone call." Sehun said, Yejin watching the way Sooman fidgetted like he was nervous.

 

"Is my new secretary here, yet?" Lau Corporations' CEO Henry Lau, said walking into the elevator with his assitants.

"Yes. Here is her resume." She said, handing him the paper with Nami's picture on it.

"Son Jeongmi. She's pretty, good choice." He siad, his assitant grimaced out of his vision as the elevator stopped on his floor. Stepping out, they walked to the desk outside the large gold lined frosted glass doors, Nami stood up and bowed to him politly as he walked into his office closing the doors behind the two of them.

After answering phones andtyping out efinal emails, Nami noticed the elevator stopping on their floor. She hit send on the email, as the doors opened a man carrying a briefcase walked infrot of another the two wearing black suits and sunglasses, the one further behind wore a silver tie and a light grey jacket. He smirked spotting Nami whom was watching them, he removed his sunglasses and her politle smile falttered.

"Do you have an appointment with CEO Lau?" She asked, clicking on his schedule looking for an appointment.

"We are good friends, we don't need one." Baekhyun said with a smile, the male with the breifcase raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun's flirtacious tone.

"Sadly I can't let you in without an appointment, he is a meeting anyways. If you are good friends he would have told you that." Nami said, a glint of annoyance in her eyes, Baekhyun looked away awkwardly before sitting in one of the chairs against the wall.

"Johnny." He muttered, motioning for him to sit as well.

 

Jaewon, Haeun and Sohee sat in the main office on their computers or on the phone with someone as a black capped man opened their door, carrying a box. Walking straight to the middle of the room he set the box down then left, Sohee raised an eyebrow as he closed the door behind him, her eyes meeting Jaewon's in confusion as Taeha returned from the copy room and stared at the box in her path. The brown bow tattered and ripped, the tape on the top to secure it closed shiny and new.

It may have been no bigger than a normal filing box, but Haeun had her gun pointed at it as Taeha looked ready to punch whatever came out of it. Jaewon took Haeun's gun in annoyance not wanting her accidently to shoot one of them in the heat of the moment, Sohee squated down with a pair of scissors, cutting the tape she placed the sharp object down before slowly opening the box her eyebrows furrowing. The other three inch closer as the oldest reached into the box, pulling out a small messy stack of photos.

 

"Yejin-ah~" An older man cooed as she entered the underground gambling ring, her red painted lips turning into a smirk as she hugged him, Sehun hiding his general disgust as he walked behind him.

"Dongwoon, how are you?" She asked, as his hand rested on the small of her back, Sehun stared at the skinship his eyes lifting up and glaring at the man. 

"Better now that you're here." He said, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear, a signal which meant he wanted some of her time.

"Sadly, I have an important meeting to get to." She said, smiling with as much kindness as she can muster. "See you again, love." She said, kissing his cheek before struting off, Sehun right behind her.

"Does that happen a lot?" He asked, trying to not care but, didn't like a girl lowering herself like that.

"Someone is nosy." She said, looking at him as they walked down a quiet hallway. "You have your methods and I have mine." She said, holding up a key as they got to the only door in the hallway. "If your boss was in contact with Dongwoon, he would keep a log of it for his henchmen." She said, unlocking the door removing her heels, Sehun raised an eyebrow as she walked in. "Check his desk for anything." She instructed as he followed her in closing the door behind him.

His phone ringing caused the both of them to jump as they were focused, he sighed seeing the caller ID.

JunMONEY

"WHat." He said, annoyed for some reason he couldn't text him.

"Where are you." Junmyeon did not sound happy.

"Following a lead with Yejin, why?" He said, finding a locked drawer as Yejin rushed to put a book back.

"Someone is threatening the detectives." He said as Yejin pulled Sehun out of the chair and into a closet as the main door opened, Sehun stared down at Yejin as she looked out the crack in the door.

"Don't worry I'll keep up my part of the deal." Dongwoon said on the phone sitting on his couch, with a smirk. "Those pigs won't last long, not with my men against them." He said, Yejin's eyes widened as he hung up. She went to look at Sehun to see if he heard that, to notice he was already staring at her, she noticed there was basically no room in the closet and glanced away from the taller.

Junmyeon's words replaying in his head.

They're staying with us from now on.

 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! Everything is picking up! More details on the photos in the next chapter!