chapter one

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   do better

TSwallowing her pride wasn't the problem, the creepy warehouse before them was. The rusted metal and newspaper covered windows, gave all of them the chills, Taeha would rather be filling out reports as Yejin was regretting not changing her clothes before meeting them. Her dress was not apporiate attire for fall nights at an abandoned warehouse, Nami had disappeared along with Jaewon to check the area around the building. Haesoo was trying to find cell signal as Sohee looked around at the building, Haeun had her gun in hand as a precaution. Then there was Sohyun, frozen in place feeling like she just led her team into a trap and now they were going all get killed. When Jaewon and Nami returned she left out the breath she was holding as the average sized metal door opened, causing all of them to jump, Nami and Haeun pointing their guns at the door.

"Woah there. Just coming to bring you all inside." Baekhyun said, with his hands up in surrender. Sohee nodded to Nami and Haeun the two lowered their guns, not putting them away. "I'm known as Light, Suho is inside you can follow me." He said, eyes landed at Sohyun whom nodded and took the first steps towards the door the others following. Noticing Baekhyun put a finger to his ear as if answering soeone as h spoke. "Will do." He stated before sitting at the table in the dimly lit building the eight stood awkwardly as someone clapped the lights turning on. It was Yejin whom ended up pointing a gun at someone directly to his head, he sent her a glare before hitting her wrist loosening her grip on the weapon grabbing it from her. Taking out the magazine before tossing it in a bag bin near him.

"No need for weapons." Suho said, with his kind smile gesturing for them to sit. The sound of someone choking and coughing caught the detectives attention, Suho looked to Chanyeol was choking on his water after seeing Jaewon taking a seat in his chair. "Don't mind him, he isn't the most graceful." Baekhyun said, shaking his head at the giant whom fake laughed before going upstairs where the others were stationed around the railings.

"Now, I'm not sure if your team lead explained. I'm going to assume she didn't knowing none of you would have came if she did. I'm Suho leader of EXO, the very men you have been looking for these past years are breathing the same air as you." He said, all eyes wide on him, Sohee slowly turned to Soyun whom kept her eyes down.

"We aren't going to let you all get away with this." Haeun stated, becoming more angry than shocked.

"That's not why we wanted to meet." Suho stated, his lips before gesturing someone to the table. "You aren't the only ones investigating those murders. We have our own eyes and ears on the street." He said, as a large board decorated in crime scene photos  and notes rolled in front of them, the smirk on Chen's face fell as he locked eyes with Sohee whom only watched him speed off into the shadows. "They are not our doing. We want to clear our clear our name of these. We can help you more than you think." Suho said.

"How did you even get these reports?" Taeha asked noticing those are reports she had never even seen.

"Other districts were looking into it hinking you can't handle it." Baekhyun smirked as he spoke knowing that would get them going.


"We just want to work together to find this killer. And we all know you want to find them as well." Sohee and Jaewon looked at their hands being the only ones with cold cases reopened in secret, the detectives were never truthfull about their pasts to each other. 

"If we get to cuff them, I'm in." Haeun said, seeing how much Sohyun was for workig with them.

"I'm in." Yejin said, thinking to the boy whom sat in the police station when her father was a detective for days wanting answers.

"I guess I'm in." Taeha said, looking to Haesoo whom nodded in agreement showing she was in.

"I'm in as well." Jaewon said, a confident smile on his face as usual, his thoughts drifting to his father.

"Me, as well." Nami said, all eyes moving to Sohee whom sot a glare to the shadow covered Jongdae against the wall.

"Fine." SOhee said, Sohyun smiled holding the elder's hand in appreciation.

"Great, guys come on down and out." Suho called they all looked around noticing the moving figures coming down the stairs, flipping o the rest of the lights the detectives noticed the warehouse looked brand new on the inside with the newest teachnology lining a wall. "I'll introduce my team then, you can introduce yourselves." Suho said standing as the guys all stood in a line, he passed a hand out to direct their eyes to whom he is talking about.
"This is Chen one of our field team members and amera genius." Chen winked at Sohyun whom looked to Sohee beside her whom was glaring at the male.
"Kai, our informative." He saluted jokingly not recieving the reaction he wanted looked to the ground.
"Wind, one of our best fighters." Sehun shot glares at all of them, Yejin looked away knowing now why he was able to easily take the gun out of her hand.
"D.O our tech genius." Kyungsoo squinted at them trying to see them clearly since he left his glasses at home. 
"Lay our combat specialist." Lay met Haeun's eyes and swallowed as she rose an eyebrow at him.
"And Light, our negotiator." Suho smiled as he finished, as Baekhyun winked.
"Our other-" Before he could finish the door opened, everyone turned their heads at the suited male that was trying to close the door quietly. Sohee turned back to glaring at Jongdae whom looked even more firghtened than before as Sohyun staggered back meeting eyes with the male as he walked to them.

"Ah, good timing XIumin." Suho said, the older avoiding Soyun's eyes, his eyes on the ground. "Our field lead,Xiumin." Sohee turned her head and felt her heart shatter as Jaewon looked to the elder, all of them slowly recoginising the male turning to the oldest whom bit her lip. She turned and headed to the door, the guys looked at eachother confused as Jongdae nodded to Minseok to go after her.

"Lets spilt into teams so we can cover more ground." Sohyun suggested after introducing everyone in the detective team.

 

author's note.  It finally officially starts!