chapter three

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   forever

Jaewon leaned back in his chair as Minseok, Jongdae, and Baekhyun walked through the door of the division he rose an eyebrow as Minseok nodded to the interrogation room. The male detective shot a look to Suhyun as he followed the men, the team lead followed his lead, Yejin and Haesoo sharing a confused look. Taeha glanced to the closing door before returning to her computer screen looking for any connection beside being shareholders, Heechul and Boah had. 

"Whats going on?" Suhyun asked as Baekhyun closed the door behind him, Minseok set a file down on the table.

"This is what D.O. found on Heechul's computer same document on Boah's as well." Jongdae said, as Jaewon ssnatched the file opening it and looking over the document.

"They both were going to expand their companies, why is that even relevant?" Jaewon asked, Suhyun looked to the men before them.

 

Yejin hung up the phone with a groan as Haeun walked in carrying her notepad, Nami came in soon after. Everyone in the main office glanced to Sohee's untouched desk, the eldest was never one to miss work, she normally pulled all-nighters with Taeha or stayed after to organize the office. Nami remembered the first time they meet Sohee discharged herself from the hospital to come into work, the detectives began discussing the case at hand.

"Excuse me." An elder man said, distracting the girls, Haeun shot him a glare as Taeha looked to Yejin whom sighed.

"How can we help you?" She asked with a soft smile, he returned the smile.

"I'm looking for someone." he said, Nami stretched her arms over her head.

"Missing persons is upstairs and second door on your right." Haesoo intructed kindly, he chuckled catching everyone off gaurd.

 

"These are already signed by someone." Minseok said, the two flipped to the final page a signature on the last line.

"Kim Industries?" Suhyun questioned, the company were known for mergers and being very successful. 

"We gaurd Kim Industries CEO, he has been in Hong Kong for the past year." Baekhyun said, the detectives sighed.

"I would still look into them. Have you found anything on the men whom attacked Ms. Kwon?" Jongdae asked as a knock tapped on the door, Nami peeked her head in glancing at the people in the room.

"Someone is here for Sohee, he says hes her dad.What-" Nami was pushed out of the way as Minseok began to feel his blood boil, walking out into the main office he scoffed as the male told Haesoo a story of how Sohee acted like a cat for a solid month.

"Leave." he snapped, gaining the older males attention his smile flauttered at the sight of Minseok.

"I just want to see Sohee, if she isn't here maybe, one of you would be kind enough to give me her address." He said, Haesoo would have nodded if she didn't feel the tension in the air from Minseok.

"No. It took you 7 years, to come to your senses? How pathetic. You have no idea what Sohee has been through. ALONE." Minseok was only getting more pissed by the second, the detectives were ready to break up any fight the male would start. Even though they were all curious as to why the hell Minseok was acting like this to her father. "Do you even know how we became friends?" The older male stood silent. "I pulled her off of the school rooftop ledge. THE LEDGE. Two days after your wife, HER MOTHER passed." Jaewon swallowed a lump in his thoart as the detectives were taken aback by what he said.

"Thats why-"

"You didn't know that till now so, don't you dare say thats why you are here now." Minseok clenched and unclenched his fist as Jongdae slowly stepped forward. "Do you know how many times she was teased for having to leave early everyday of school not for taking care of you like she would say. She worked two part-time jobs to feed your drinking habit. But, guess what, she never blamed you for ignoring her or neglecting her. Becuase, the daughter your wife raised is kind and helpful. She cared more about you then herself." Minseok stated, Jongdae froze in his place beside the elder seeing a tear roll down his face. 

"I want to be here for her now." Her father said, Minseok scoffed.

"Do you even know Sohee? She doesn't need anyone. She is independent and reliable, that is the woman I fell in love with. If you still see her as someone that needs to be taken care of, leave. If you are here for money, leave and never look back." Minseok looked like he would explode. "Cause the last thing she needs is to be back on that ledge where I can't save her this time." He said, pushing past the male leaving the division office, her father nodded and turned to leave. Jaewon crossed his arms over his chest, as Baekhyun sighed, Nami sat back in her chair. Taeha looked at her hands as Haesoo leaned back against her desk, Haeun flipped through a file and Jongdae and Suhyun stared at the door.

Jaewon looked around as he stood in the archive, pulling the box down with the case number that matched Sohee's. He felt like this was an invasion of privacy but, if his hunch was right her mother passed in a caraccident like his father. He glanced to the door one more time before pulling the files out, as his phone rang.

"Jaewon speaking." He said, putting his phone to his ear. 

"So formal. I was going to ask if you wanted to grab lunch, I'm near the station." His younger sister, Jihye said, he chuckled and agreed. After hanging up he flipped through one of the files stopping at the crime scene photo. 

"What the." He muttered as the door opened, he put the box back as he met eyes with Nayeon.

"Oh. Jaewon sunbae." She said, bowing, a blush creeping on her face as he gave her a small smile before leaving.

"Oppa? Yah." Jihye stated waving her hand in front of Jaewon's face, as he stared off elsewhere.

"What?" He asked being snapped back to reality as the resturant door opened, in walked a group of five men in suits.

"Chanyeol sunbae's treat?" One of them asked as they sat the table beside them, jaewon and Jihye glanced over to them and the male smirked seeing Chanyeol trying to deny that he was paying.

"Come on hyung, we know you have gotten extra missions." One of the guys said, the taller male rolled his eyes before giving up putting his card on the table.

"Ahjumma!" One of them called for the older woman serving and taking orders, Jaewon looked back to his food with a smirk.

"I'll be right back." He heard Chanyeol say before heading to the bathroom, Jaewon excused himself as her sister smirked after him as he left.

"Phoenia. Or should I call you Chanyeol?" Jaewon asked, as Chanyeol washed his hands, the tall male freezing and looking at Jaewon through the mirror. "Don't worry I won't turn you in." He said with a playful glint in his eyes. "We are on the same team and all." 

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked drying his hands regaining his composure.

"Do you what goes on in Cloud 9?" He asked, Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head. "Who can access it? Where is it?" Chanyeol scoffed.

"If I knew I would have said so the other night." He said throwing the paper towels in the bin, pushing pass Jaewon. "Don't be stupid and approach us in public. You'll get us all killed."

Jaewon scoffed as the other left he turned and headed back to his sister.

 

"Hey mom." Sohee croaked out sitting in front of the grave, a bouget of dandelions sitting on top. "Lots has happened since the last time I came." She said as Minseok leaned against the tree at the bottom of the walkway holding a bouget of dandelions. "All of these cases are making me feel uneasy and on a ledge. People are dying left and right. I don't know what to, mom." She said, tears streaming down her face as Minseok, set the bouqet beside hers.

"Fight it, Sohee-ah. Fight them. Be strong. Be the you others love." Minseok said, from where he stood beside her. "After everything you have been through, you can do anything. Thats what she would tell you. Because that's what I tell you, and you have always said I was similar to your mother. That I would have loved her as much as you do." He said, glancing to the detective whom sat still on the ground. "Plus, we have hitmen to catch." He said, putting his hand out to her, she hesitated before letting him help her up.

Jaewon sat in one of the extra rooms in the warehouse looking through old homicide cases, Chanyeol knocked on he door frame before entering and taken a seat at the table.

"How old are these?" He asked, grabbing a few off the stack in the center of the table.

"Oldest is 1985, Newest 1995." Jaewon said, scanning trough a crime scene report.

"What are you looking for?" Chanyeol asked, Jaewon sighed looking up.

"Car accidents in the same locations, same method." He answered, as Haesoo bounced into the room with sweets galore, making Jaewon smile and take a few.

"I should get to training." Chanyeol said, his hand tugging at his shirt as he walked down the metal stairs.

The main door opened, startling Taeha and Junmyeon whom sat at the table in the center surrounded by files.

"Unnie." Taeha whispered at the sight of Sohee wearing a black baseball cap and her maroon leather jacket, something the others knew as her in modd to catch criminals. 

"D.O anything on Cloud 9?" Junmyeon asked, giving a nod to Sohee whom returned it as Minseok went to change his clothes.

"Nothing. I have all communication systems searching for it as a keyword." D.O said, as Jongdae flinched seeing Sohee, warily looking at her as she turned her attention to the board. The detectives were now walking on egg shells around the oldest.

"Fill me in." She stated, Junmyeon began filling her.

 

"N-Noona." Jaewon called, as Sohee sat at the table looking at the board.

"Whats up?" She asked, her eyes remaining on the board.

"I just want to let you know that I'm here for you." He said, trying to be off putting and not succeeding.

"Cool. D.O?" She asked looking to the tech genius, Jaewon nodded to himself and went back to the room he was in.

"Can you find whom has access to Cloud 9?" She asked, he nodded.

"Only 8 people." He said, she smirked.

"Let me guess Heechul is one of them." She said, D.O nodded.

 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! Sohee is back! A little Chanyeol and Jaewon moment.