chapter nine

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   MAMA

Sohee paced, as Jongin tapped his fingers on his knee as he sat in one of the waiting room chairs.

"They were found on the side of the road, she gave us your contact information." The nurse as the two walked to the hospital room Yejin was in.

"WHat about the male she was with?" Sohee asked, Jongin noticably worried about his best friend.

"He's stable, only a couple stitches. Ms. Yejin has yet to leave his room. We contacted her family so they should be here soon." The nurse answered gesturing to the room numbered 419, the two bowed politely before heading inside, Sohee pulled Yejin into a hug sighing. Jongin hugged Sehun, whom only patted his back.

"Your parents are on their way." Sohee said, Yejin swallowed roughly looking to Sehun whom avoided her eyes more focused on Jongin's nagging. "We need to know what happened." Sohee said pulling away from yejin pulling out her phone texting the others that they were okay.

"When there are less ears." She said nodding up, Sohee glanced over her shoulder spotting a secruity camera, she nodded taking a seat.

"You had us worried, man. This isn't the first time you went off the grid. " Jongin said, forgeting the detectives were in the room, as the door opened.

"Noona~" A tall male cooed hugging Yejin tightly, the two males raised an eyebrow at the interaction as SOhee smiled to the male whom waved to her. "You better be lucky Sohee noona reassured us that she would get here first. I had to calm down your mom in the car, she nearly fainted when we got the call from the hospital." 

An older woman walked in, bowing politely and hitting Yejin's arm softly.

"Don't go scaring people like that." She scolded, Yejin smiled brightly and held her mother's arm tightly resting her head on her shoulder. 

"I think I should head ack now that you are here. Please try to get her back home tonight." SOhee said, bowing Jongin helped Sehun up as an older male walked in carrying paperwork.

"WAIT. Did you all come here together?" yejin asked, shocked her mother and father were breathing the same air.

"Well, our little girl was injured, do you expect me to sit around and let that happen." The older male stated, Sohee bowed deeply, Sehun's eyes ignighting a fire in his mind. He recognized the man, how could he forget what he looked like.

"Are you all leaving?" Yejin asked, noticing Jongin signing paperwork for Sehun and Sohee following after them.

"Get some rest." Sohee said, as the other two left ahead, Sehun not even looking back to Yejin.

 

"Hunnie!" Baekhyun yelled the nickname, hugging Sehun tightly as he entered the warehouse.

"How's Yejin unnie?" Haesoo asked as Sohee sat down at the main table, Jaewon beside the youngest. Nami and Suhyun at the station covering for the others, Haein and Taeha sparing in the octogon ring with Yixing and Junmyeon watching from there spots at the table files spread infront of them.

"She's fine. I told her to go home and get some rest." Sohee said, then turned to Sehun. "You should go home to your family and get some rest as well." She said, all of the guys became silent as Sehun walked away to his room.

"Sehun lost his only family at 15. We are all he has." Junmyeon said, grabbing the files again.

"Explains his distaste for us." Jaewon said, the detectives nodded before going back to what they were doing.

 

"There was a woman, about Suhyun's height, long black hair." Yejin described the group sighed, "Basically anyone in Korea." She finished sighing, the detectives sat in their office.

"Anything else you can remember?" Jaewon asked, from his desk his feet propped up on his desk. 

"The way she spoke was possessive. Like she had a bone to pick with us or something." Yejin said, chewing on her pen as her eyes remained trained on the floor.

"Cheif's coming." Haesoo said, walking through the door to her desk, the door opening again soon after. The Chief friegned a smile causing most of them to cringe.

"How's the EXO case going?" He asked, as Sohee stepped out of the interrogation room. She awkwardly side-stepped over to her desk eyeing the other detectives in confusion.

"Nothing yet. The last homicide has none of the same signature so its safe to assume its not them." Suhyun said, as she typed on her laptop.

"Here's the file give it to the homocide divison." Taeha handed Haeunthe file as she passed the elder to her desk, Haeun stating as she handed the file to the Chief.

"Of course. Where's Nami?" He asked, noticing the undercover officer missing from her desk.

"She called in sick today." Suhyun said, as Jaewon got up and handed her a file on her desk, for some reason the chief wasn't picking up on the fact they wanted him to leave.

"Excuse me." A middle aged man called as he walked in, Haesoo smiled and bowed her head to him. "I'm Kang Hodong, I was called to come in." He said, his eyes bloodshot most likely from tears.

"Ah, yes. I'm Detective Jeon, you can come right this way." Sohee said, standing and leading him to the table as Haesoo went to heat up some water/

"If you will excuse us, we have a case to work on." Haeun said, going to the board and adding some notes. 

With a scoff the Chief left the office, as Lay entered holding the door for him with a smile before entering eyeing the energies of the detectives before making eye contact with Haeun and nodding towards the interogation room. The detective lead him to the room, Sohyun joining them.

"I'm going into Cloud 9. I'm sworn through secrecy but, if anything points towards these murders I'll tell you everything." Yixing said, nodding to the detectives, Haeun nodded as Suhyun crossed her arms.

"Has D.O narrowed down the list of women yet?" Suhyun asked, Yixing put his hands in his suit pockets.

"Not enough for us to look into. Not a lot of women in South Korea seek mental health help." Yixing said, he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "I've got to go. I'll let you know if I find anything useful." With that he left the interrogation room nodding to the others as he passed them.


"You want to know everyone on the list?" D.O asked, Jaewon nodded, the tech looked over his shoulder where Chanyeol stood behind his chair and sighed. "Fine. Here you are." He said, writing down names in an order. "This is the list prior to the murder of Kim Heechul." He handed Jaewona post-it note with names scribbled on it.

"Besides Lee Sooman, who had recent contact with Heechul and Boah?" Sohee asked from the table where she was flipping through files again.

"Let's see. Heechul had a meeting with the Vice President of YG Enterprises before his demise. Miss Boah," D.O said scanning through their schedules. "Did as well." He said turning in his chair towards the others. 

"YG?" Minseok asked, to make sure he heard right, D.O nodded. "Lee Chaerin, a frequent visitor to Soomin's ofice." He said, giving the identity to the vice president.

"Alright, Nami, Haesoo and I will head to YG in the morning." Suhyun said, stretching and yawning.

"I know who else is in on this." Yejin said, Sehun rose an eyerow when it clicked whom she was talking about. "Jaewon, Sohee unnie, Haeun and I will go see Dongwoon in the morning as well."

"It's settled, lets get some sleep." Haeun said, Junmyeon's phone chimed, he sighed nodding to the guys. 

Minseok patted SOhee's shoulder as they headed out the door.

"At least they are cute." Jaewon said, D.O choked on his water in his chair.

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! I have finally finished the stress of my move and now and am trying to get some kind of schedule down for my stories. T.T