chapter two

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   Black suit

Taeha typed away on her computer, her eyes shifting around as she was on edge everytime someone walked past their door, any second now they could get arrested or something bad could happen. It's been a week since the team met EXO, with no contact or seeing them since, she assumed she could get away with not being seen with them. The door opened, causing her hands to shake.

"Ah, Taeha-shi." Suho said, spotting the only detective in the office, she swallowed the lump in .

"Is there something I can help you with, Suho-shi?" She asked, noticing the bag on food in his hand.

"I was hoping to eat with you all but, I guess I should have called before hand." He chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck as she looked at the time knowing the others would be back soon since they havent called her to notify her otherwise.

"They will be back soon. You can go ahead and eat." She said, nodding to the table, he nodded with a smile walking to the table. He set a pair of chopsticks on her desk, she looked up his arm just now noticing he wasn't wearing a suit like last time.

"Even busy detectives should eat." He said with a kind smile, she sighed as he walked back to the table, she logged out of her computer grabbing the chopsticks, taking a seat across from the older whom wore a smile. "So-"

"Taeha is eating real food?!" Jaewon exclaimed in shock as he and Haeun walked into the office, not acknowledging Suho's presence. 

"Any leads on the accident?" Taeha asked, picking at the food grabbing a few pieces in as the other two grabbed chopsticks digging into the spread of boxes on the table.

"Nah. We checked the cameras and there wasn't anything." Haeun answered, nodding to Suho in a greeting.

"And there was no evidence of a bomb or tampering with the vehicle?" Suho asked, they nodded.

"Yejin is asking her "friends"." Jaewon air qouted and winked at Suho, whom was only more confused.

"Nami is hecking to see if any employees near-by can recall anything." Haeun said, as the doors opened again and Suhyun walked in looking stressed.

"Oh, Suho-shi." She said, with a tired smile, the detectives eyed their team lead as Suho smiled back. 

"Anything from Sohee noona?" Jaewon pressed, everyone in the department knew the two were close, Taeha looked at Suhyun cautiously.

"If she needs us she'll tell us." She said, as her phone chimed, she groaned, turning her head to Suho. "Is Chen always this needy?" She aske, Suho chuckled and nodded. "And I thought Jaewon was bad." She muttered, he playfully glared at her as she headed back out the door.

"Oh, unnie." Haesoo waved to Suhyun as they passed, the youngest walked in and smiled brightly at the sight of the food.

"Is Suho your real name?" Jaewon asked, sticking a piece of kimchi in his mouth.

"No, it's not." He said, Haeun scoffed.

"You must not trust us with your real names. Even thoguh we haven't turned in Minseok oppa." Haesoo said, sitting beside Taeha.

"Trust is earned." Suho stated, with a tight smile.

"How can we trust you if you can't trust us?" Haeun stated, with crossed arms, her chopsticks on the table.

"This is true. I should get going Even we have day jobs." Suho said, standing Taeha smirked.

"You do realize if we know who Minseok oppa is, we know what you all do during the day." Taeha stated, Suho freezed and eyed the detectives around the table with smirks and hungry eyes on him.

"Enjoy the food." He said, swallowing the lump in his throat, turning to take his leave the others snickered at the table.

"Bodygaurds, makes sense. Easy access to high priorities." Haesoo said, they all nodded, eyes dirfting off to the board.

 

Yejin glared at the building before walking in with a fake smile, she noticed bodygaurds in percise places in the resturant. She pushed her hair behind her ear as her heels clicked on the white tiled floor of the hotel going to the elevator, she pressed the up button. While waiting she sent a message to Sohee to check on the elder, as the doors opened she walked in, someone else stepping in before the doors closed. She kept her eyes on her phone, her hair covering the side, where the man was standing, of her face. Putting her phone in her handbag she sighed pressing the level 9 button, when it was already pressed.

"I told you, I'm heading up now. Jeez." A voice said, startling Yejin, almost making her pull out her gun from her back, her navy blazer hiding it from sight. She glanced in the reflection and gasped, Sehun was leaned against the elevator wall looking at his own reflection as someone spoke in his earpiece.

As long as he doesn't know it's me, I won't get caught. I have worked to hard and long to get this close to him.

Yejin thought as the elevator stop and she stepped out releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding, she walked bown the extravagant hallway. Spotting Jongin at the main door she internally swore when the doors opened and out walked an older woman looking pissed, she pushed past the detective in annoyance. Yejin walked atraight past Jongin whom held back a laugh at the older woman.

"Ah! Yejin-ah! Right on time!" The older woman exclaimed, telling her assisstant to start on some tea.

"Boah-shi, how have you been?" Yejin asked, with a bright smile. Yejin was sitting with now the second most wealthiest shareholder in South Korea. She never knew she would have to actually try to link her to any killings till now.

"I'm doing fantastic. Did you see the gaurds outside, aren't they handsome?" She asked as there was a knock on the door, she called for them to enter.

"Mr. Sooman is here, he said he needs an emergency shareholder meeting." Her assisstant said, bringing in the tea, setting it on her desk infront of Yejin.

"When?"

"In 30 minutes in Cloud 9." She said, whispering so Yejin wouldn't hear, but she still did. 

"Do able. Let him know." She stated to the girl whom bowed and headed out. "I'm so sorry to cut our reunion short." She said, Yejin smiled to the older woman.

"No worries. Next time." She said, hugging the woman as gun fire startled the two of them, she pulled out her phone and called Haeun.

"What?" Haeun answered seems like she into something.

"Gunfire at Kwon Incoporated. Get here now." She said, then hung up pulling out a gun pointing it at the door, Boah looked even more shocked that Yejin had a gun more than anything.

The doors opened, Sehun and Jongin tackling guys to the ground, Sehun breaking ones arm while Jongin knocked out the other. Sehuna dn Jongin looked up at Yejin in shock.

"What are you doing? Get her out of here." Yejin ordered the two stood and led Boah out of her office as she shaked in fear from the scene in the hallway, Haeun and Haesoo running out of the elevator. The four looked at each other in shock before awkwardly moving past, Haeun looked around as Haesoo checked pulses as EMTs came out of the elevator. Haeun and Yejin looked around the female CEO's office trying to find anything someone might want.

"It was just the two of you?" Haeun asked, searching through the desk drawers as Yejin looked over the bookshelve.

"Yeah, It wasn't on her schedule so no one would have known I had came here except her assisstant." Yejin said, Haesoo sighed at the statement.

"Well she isn't a suspect. First person everyone sees, plus she was shot. She is going to survive but, she probably won't remember much of this." Haesoo explained, as EMT's checked on the victims.

"Do they have any marks of pins or something that ties them together?" Yejin asked pointing to the two men in the office, Haesoo checked their pulses then looked on their person.

"Nothing. They will get treatment handcuffed to their beds until we can figure out what exactly happened here." Haesoo stated, as more officers walked in cuffing people as to how Yejin said, based off their uniform. Secruity wears all black suits and the others just wore all black with masks, the CSI team came in dismissing the three for a bit.

"Ms. Kwon, is anything off about today that normally doesn't happen?" Haeun asked, as they sat in the lobby of her building Jongin and Sehun gaurding where the two sat.

Yejin sat at a table not too far away answering Haesoo's questions since she was a witness. Jongin walked to their table, looking around before speaking.

"D.O. pulled footage. Go to the warehouse." He said, watching as people walked by, Yejin and Haesoo nodded standing and heading out as Yixing walked in her bowed to the two before walking to the two males.

 

"So an attempt on the newly second wealthiest?" Suhyun asked as Yejin explained at the warehouse that night, Jongdae crossed his arms in thought.

"Why was that so predictable?" Jongdae asked, as Chanyeol dried his hair with a towel after his shower jumping in shock to see the detectives on the main floor.

"There has to be a pattern." Jaewon said from his seat in one of the swivel chairs staring at the crime scene photos on the board.

"A family of three, Kim Heechul, a father, and Kwon Boah. Attempted." Haeun said out loud, Haesoo sat on the floor looking up at the board.

"There was suppose to be an emergency stockholder meeting in a place called Cloud 9." Yejin said, they heard Baekhyun choke on his water.

"Cloud 9?" He asked to clarify, Yejin nodded.

"Something is going on. Not just murders something else. Cloud 9 has no cameras, only very few people have access to it. Not just anyone can hack it." Kyungsoo said as Jongin and Sehun walked in carrying fried chicken.

"Have you?" Suhyun asked, he shook his head.

"Something is off about this timeline." Nami said, sipping on her water. "Like the families were practicing or something."

Suhyun noticed Minseok leaving a room in all black heading out the door in silence.

"Yeah." Yejin said, as the hitmen watched how the detectives somehow were placing things together.

"The family. Shooting. Kim Heechul shooting. Father. Car accident." Jaewon said, the others looked at the male and nodded. "D.O.-shi you have Boah's schedule for the day?" The tech nodded handing him an iPad with the schedule on it.

"I was there around 1:30" Yejin added, Haeun scrolled through the schedule. Their eyes widened, everyone waited for the two to say something.

"She was suppose to have lunch with a potential business partner." Haeun said, reading off an address, Nami typing it into maps she looked at the picture of the accident.

"Same road." She said, they all thought for a second.

"They are practicing their big kill." Suhyun says, the guys of EXO looked at the detectives shocked how calm they are after discovering this.

"What if it all goes before this? What if their was more practice kills?" Nami asked, Haeun sighed rubbing her face.

"Something must have snapped in them for them to start killing like this. It's all passionate kills, no remorse or anything for that matter." Haeun said, the hitmen all seemed to wear darker expressions at the statement.

"They aren't serial killers. Their hitmen." Jongdae said.

"New ones." Chanyeol clarified, the detectives looked to the tall male for an explanitation. "They aren't trained, they are 'practice killing' cause they don't know how. Whoever is behind the orders has brainwashed them to kill whoever whenever." 

"Anyone is a target." Jaewon says with a sigh.

 

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! The next chapter will be Sohee and Minseok, plus another couple focus! Its a sercet whom else is a focus!