chapter fourteen

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   LOST AND FOUND

"D.O, right?" A girl asked sitting his desk chair as the two men kept him sitting down with a hand on his houlders. "Of EXO, right? And I'm gonna guess this is where they get everything from." She said, looking at his computer screens.

 

"Any news?" Yejin asked, as she answered Sohee's call. Putting it on speaker as Jongdae drove the car, Jongin in the backseat.

"None yet. He isn't answering his phone. Are you guys almost there?" She asked, as she stood outside the interrogation room, somehow convincing the officers to place Minseok in their interrogation room for the time being. 

"So-nim." Nayeon called out, SOhee sent her a glare before nodding for her to continue. "Reporters are here about the arrest." She said, Sohee sighed.

"Suhyun and Jaewon are heading to YG call them if you need backup, I'm gonna deal with reporters." She said hanging up, looking in the small mirror on Yejin's desk putting her hair in a ponytail and sighing again. "Get officers out there to block reporters at a distance." She said, Nayeon nodding runningout of the office to the main floor. She opened the door to the interrogation room seeing Minseok fidgetting, she closed the door and walked out to the main floor.

 

"I hope we get there in time." Jongdae, mumbled as he parked the car, the three looking around as they pulled out their guns, Yejin shaking her head. 

Jongdae motioned Jongin to go to the back then motioning Yejin to follow Jongin. Jongdae waiting till they were out of sight to open the main door, slowly entering the room, noticing two men holding Kyungsoo still in a chair as a girl looked through the computer system. 

"It's not nice to steal what isnt yours." Jongdae said, pointing his gun in the woman's direction. Kyungsoo sighed as one of the men pointed a gun at Jongdae.

"Put the gun down." Jongin said, as his guns rested on the back of both of the males heads. Yejin pointing hers at the woman, as she walked forward.

 

"Anything?" Suhyun asked, as Jaewon looked through the file storage in the YG building. 

"Nothing that matters." Jaewon said, tossing a file back into a box. 

Suhyun groaned, pushing her hair out of her face. Someone knocked on the door, one of the officers on duty.

"A Zhang Yixing, he says he is working with you on the case." The officer said, Jaewon peaked around a set of shelves to Suhyun whom met his eyes just as confused.

"Um. Let him in." SUhyun said, warily, the officer nodded holding the door as Lay walked in, the two released a breath they were holding. "What are you doing here? If they find out-"

"They won't they think I'm here as a SM bodygaurd with knowledge." Lay said going to the computer desk pulling out a thumb drive out of his pocket.

"And that is?" Jaewon asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"For evidence." Yixing said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world earning a glare from Jaewon, as Suhyun pushed the tall male back to the files. 

"You do that and let us know when you find something." Suhyun said.

 

"I'll answer your questions, now." Sohee said infront of the reporters whom all began yelling questions at her.

"Why was your Chief arrested this morning?" One asked after everyone calmed down.

"He is under investigation for an involvement in two murders over ten years ago." She said calmly, Minseok sat in the interrogation room pacing.

"How come you haven't been able to capture EXO but, another group of hitman have?" Another asked, Sohee recognizing him as the one who would always be at the scenes of EXO's hits.

"Reporter, Song Yunhyeong was it?" She asked he nodded, stretching his arm closer to her, she spotting the small tattoo on the side of his wrist. "That is our problem not yours. EXO has not been active in over six months. We assume they are retiring and putting a hault to the violence." She said, she glanced over the crowd seeing him smirk. Sohee sent him a glare before going back inside. Heading into the interrogation room, Minseok looked to her as if asking her on the status.

"I would have had to seen WIN at one point for them to know who we are." Minseok and Yixing said at the same time.

"Like a marker or something to put them together. Like guys have the one on your ankle." Sohee said, Minseok's eyes widened, she scoffed. "I have lived you for how long?" He nodded.

"Maybe a tattoo or something, in a visible place, small enough to not be seen unless looking for it." Minseok said, Sohee thought before freezing she ran out the door to look for Taeha whom was walking back into the office.

"Did the reporters leave?" She asked, Taeha shook her head, confused at what Sohee was frantic about. 

"I think I just found a member of WIN in plain sight." Sohee said, Taeha's eyes widened, she followed after the older to the main entrance where the reporters scrambled seeing her, Sohee scanned the room to see Yunhyeong on the phone with someone, she nodded her head to Taeha. 

Taeha walked over to him as he hung up, she stood before him when he turned around, looking her up and down.

"I don't think you WIN." She emphazied the word, for him to catch on, his eyes widening he tossed his phone onto the wall and tried to take off, Taeha grabbing him and slammming him to the ground. Nayeon running over with handcuffs as Sohee got the reporters attention again.

"This a message for the hitmen going by WIN. We caught one, you release one and he might not have a heavy sentence." Sohee said, watching as Taeha took down to their office. "But, we don't negotiate with murders. So either let them all go or say goodbye to the possibilty of future freedom.' She said, turning away from the reporters heading back to their office.

 

"Woah." Yixing said, as Jaewon threw another file accross the room. "I think I might have just found where WIN is." Suhyun walked over and stood behind him, as Jaewon followed suit.

"I'll let Nami know, who is left for Exo?" Suhyun said pulling out her phone to call Nami.

"Just Baekhyun but, I can head that way too. Might want to send backup in case they try to escape.

"Hey, Grab Taeha we got the location for WIN." She said then looked to the others. "WHat do you mean one was a reporter?"

 

"I'm just as surprised as you are I come back from a coffee run, and Sohee is interrogating a reporter. You know that one none of us like."

"Song Yunhyeong?"

"I always hated him." Jaewon said, as Yixing sent the location to Baekhyun, dragging files onto the thumb drive.

"Yeah. Send us the location we will head that way."

"Okay." Suhyun said hanging up.

 

"No way. You guys are working with the cops like we thought." The woman said, looking at Yejin whom tossed a pair of handcuffs to Jongdae. "I wanted both of the leaders but, it seems we only get sloppy seconds." She said, pouting.

"Funny." Jongdae mocked her, and cuffed her before heading to find something to tie the men for Jongin.

author's note.  let me know what you guys think!