chapter seven

calling all units! || detective applyfic || chapter fifteen and sixteen is up!
 

   District 9

The warehouse was filled with silence as everyone got set up in their rooms, Jongdae and Yixing were cleaning up the octogon for the guys to sleep on. Minseok was helping Jongin unload one of their vans, taking out the detectives' bags as Suhyun stood off to the side trying to get in contact with Yejin again as it had been a few hours since they last heard from them. Jaewon and Chanyeol were in the storage room grabbing pillows and blankets, Haeun and Haesoo were in the kitchen with Kyungsoo as he cooked the two helping him if they could. Junmyeon's car pulled up to the warehouse, Taeha exited the passenger seat. The male nodded for everyone to go inside, once everyone met at the table, the others coming out of various rooms. 

"Those pictures are not just for the detectives. " Junmyeon said, taking a seat at the head of the table, the hitmen sat on the table, the detectives taking the chairs. "Their showing us, they you all even the parts that hurt the most." He said, leaning back n his chair. "It's a scaring tactic. Like one the mafia would use when you get too close to uncovering everything." He said, as Taeha looked at her hands.

"Doesn't matter. We're not stopping our investigation." Haeun said, Suhyun nodded.

"I was hopin you would say that." Junmyeon said with a smile. "I hope some coffee has already been started cause, it's gonna be a long night." He said, they all nodded breaking off.

It was probably past two in the morning, Jongin put a blanket over Haesoo's hunched figure as he exited the room they had used to look through files. Jongdae and Suhyun were both fast asleep at the main table, as Nami sat leaned against one of the table legs sleeping. Baekhyun's head in her lap, Kyungsoo still typing away, monitoring cctv footage with a yawn. Yixing on the octogon with Haeun the two fast asleep with papers infront of them, Junmyeon left his light on in his office despite having fallen asleep on his couch. Sohee sleeping as she had her head resting on a table, Minseok not far away. 

"I GOT IT!" A yell erupted in the warehouse, scaring everyone awake as an excited Jaewon ran down the stairs holding a piece of paper. "So, I thought the lack of connection was odd as the accidents happened on the same road on similar occasions where the victim had a meeting the next day. It wasn't fishy until.. wait for it.. look whom signed the very first report of one of these accidents." He said sliding the paper to Suhyun whomrubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Officer Park Jinyoung." She looked confused then back to Jaewon, "As in Chief Park Jinyoung?" She asked, the detectives all looked to Jaewon whom nodded.

"Within months he began moving up the ranks, while Sohee has been on the force for like ever and has yet to get a promotion." He said, they all nodded acknowledging that they now had to look into their boss.

"D.O, check his phone records and bank account. " Suhyun asked, he nodded turning back to his computers. "Uh. Nami and Light I want you both to watch his movements. Whom ever he meets we need to know. Lay and Haeun, track down the past cases he signed off on. Everyone else, continue looking for connections. Lets keep this on the downlow." Suhyun instructed, glancing to Junmyeon whom nodded and gave a thumbs up.

 

Sehun coughed and spat on the ground blood landing on the floor, as he glared up at the man before him. As the door opened Yejin pushed inside, she glared at Dongwoon as he scoffed. She went over o Sehun checking his injuries.

"I'm shocked you aren't fighting back. Don't it'll all be over soon." He said, leaving his goon behind him, as he closed the metal door locking it in the process.

"Thanks for the distraction." Sehun said, actually smiling, as Yejin used her sleeve to bot his wounds.

"You would do the same to save someone." She replied, Sehun's eyes softened, before returning his eyes to the wall accross from him. "It's been 12 hours. The clock in the other room says it 8 again." 

"His goon relys on his left side, also limps on the right side. His hand has been broken multiple times." Sehun said, finally figuring a way to fight the large man.

"And I thought you were sociopath. Just turns out you know what you're doing by observing." Yejin said, chuckling.

"My parents were killed when I was younger. I was rotated into many foster homes during hat time. I never got an answer or had justice brought to my family. Hence the hatred and distaste towards law enforcement." Yejin slowly looked up at Sehun to see a sad smile. "I spent three days sleeping in a police station not wanting to leave until it was solved. When I joined the military I already was a good fighter. I met Jongin, my non-blood brother. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have found the tohers." Sehun said, his eyes widening as he realised he said Jongin's real name.

"I was right. ou are Oh Sehun. The kid my father drank over, hated himself for. He wanted to find the person whom did that more than anyone. " Yejin said, making a mental note to figure out which one is Jongin later.

"How-"

"Similar glimmer in your eyes. I remember it everytime we meet a kid." Yejin sighed moving to sit beside him. "After this over, I'll look through your case again. Maybe we can get them the justice they deserve." She said, placing a hand on his he looked at their hands and nodded.

 

"Suhyun." Sohee called out as she sat at the main table with Chanyeol, Suhyun and Jongdae walked out of one of the rooms. "Look. The scenes got steadily less organized." She said showing her the scenes side by side, as Suhyun's phone rang.

"Suhyun speaking." She said her face dropped,  "We are on our way." She hung up and motioned for Sohee to get ready. "Another victim. Jaewon and Haesoo go to the M.E, Sohee and I are going to the scene." She said, in dispair.

After the four left, Junmyeon walked over to where Kyungsoo sat.

"Track Sehun, yet?" he asked, Kyungsoo scoffed hitting his space bar a pin falling on a map. "You are amazing." He said, nodding to Chanyeol and Jongdae to gear up.

"Let's go get our boy."

author's note.  let me know what you guys think! Sorry for the little MIA. But, I have gotten some inspiration from Criminal Minds which originally inspired this.