chapter 23

I'll Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhRz2N-C9Lc&feature=related

 

Friday went by in a breeze. School ended with peace. Friends bided each other goodbye for the weekend.

However, for Myungsoo, everything was hectic. He had so much to do in such little time. It was driving him crazy how he was told to do this and to do that. He felt like his head was going to explode any moment from people talking all at once.

He was in his room at his desk in deep thought. Everyone in the Kim residence was busy. Maids were going back and forth. Butlers were arranging the household furniture. Chefs were pondering of what to cook and ingredients.

 

 

A knock came at Myungsoo’s door. Without looking up, he answered, “Come in.”

The door opened and stepped in his personal butler: Leo.

“Young master, are you prepared for tomorrow?”He asked. Myungsoo sighed and nodded. “Do you need anything?” Myungsoo shook his head.

“I’ll take my leave then.” Leo bowed.

“Leo,” Myungsoo called out before the butler could reach the door. “Neh young master?” He answered.

Myungsoo straightened up and looked at the blank wall in front of him. “This is the right thing to do, isn’t it?” He asked. Leo hesitated for a moment, but answered, “Neh.”

The latter let out a small chuckle. “To obtain the family business and also my parents’ love I have to do this, huh?” “Young master, how can you say something like that?”

Myungsoo turned to look at Leo with fierce watery eyes. “How can I not? I’m what everybody says ‘the perfect son.’ If I don’t follow their order then I don’t get anything. I’d be living on the streets. You should know that very well Leo.”

The butler remained silent.

“I couldn’t even get to hold the one that I love the most in my arms for a long time.” Myungsoo whispered casting his eyes to the floor. “If only I wasn’t born into this selfish business consuming family; I’d probably be happy right now.”

“Young master,” The butler whispered. Myungsoo bitterly smiled and looked up at his butler. “Leo, I’m useless. I let my parents boss me around like I’m their toy. I couldn’t do the things that I wanted to do. I’m stuck as their puppet, and now I’m too late to not be their puppet anymore.” “Please don’t say such things young master. Your parents love and care about you.” Leo reasoned.

 “You’re right, my parents do love me. If they didn’t love me, they wouldn’t have let me marry the Seo’s only daughter and gain the family business from doing so. How can I forget that my parents love me so dearly? Excuse me for being so forgetful.” Myungsoo said sourly with a hint of sarcasm.

Leo worriedly looked at Myungsoo. “Young master,” He croaked.

A tear escaped from one of the latter’s eye. He didn’t wipe it away, but let it roll down and fall onto the floor. The butler was in utter shock. Never in his serving time had he seen Myungsoo cry so freely.

“Young master…”

Myungsoo put on a small weak smile. “This…this is going to be the first and last time I cry for Eunya. After tomorrow, I’m going to forget about her. I won’t think of her anymore. I won’t yearn for her anymore. I’ll…completely block her…from my thoughts.”

As he said that, tears rolled down his cheeks. They just kept coming. There was no way stopping them. All his emotions were pouring out.

His sobs became louder and louder. Now, he was on the floor clutching onto his heart.

“Wae? Wae? Wae?!” He screamed. “Why does it have to be like this?! Wae?!” He sobbed. “Eunya. Eunya!”

Leo watched Myungsoo cry his heart out. There wasn’t anything that he could do for the latter, but watch.

“Eunya! Why is life so cruel like this?!” Myungsoo sobbed.

----

“Young master, you need to get dressed.” Leo said.

Myungsoo sat lifelessly on the white couch in his room.

It was the day that the Kims and Seos have been preparing for: Myungsoo and Chae Rin’s wedding.

It was a happy day for them all, but Myungsoo. He was still broken from the night before. He had cried all of his heart content.

“Young master, please, you need to get dressed.” Leo repeated, but this in a more pleading tone.

Myungsoo deeply sighed closing his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter