chapter 17

I'll Find You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You had accidently tuned in on Myungsoo’s engagement ceremony while flipping through the channels. You saw him put the engagement ring on his fiancé’s finger and she also did the same. It pained you that you were watching it, but you were also thankful that it wasn’t happening right in front of you.

If Myungsoo and his fiancé was standing in front of you at the moment, you wouldn’t have known what to do because what could have you done? Nothing, of course because there was so many people there and they’re rich.

So, as you watched the engagement ceremony, you cried. Tears streamed down your cheeks like a nasty thunder storm. No one heard you, since you were the only one home. Jiyeon was at a friend’s house doing her project and appa was working overtime. This was one of the times that you were glad to be home alone so that no one could bombard you with questions.

You cried your eyes out for who knows how long. By the time you woke up in the morning, you were still on the couch, but there was a blanket over you and the TV was off. You rubbed your puffy eyes and headed to do your daily routine. After your daily routine, you wore your uniform and got ready for school. You also woke Jiyeon up since you guessed she stayed up late doing her project.

The two of you ate breakfast before going to school. Once the dishes were done, the two of you headed to the bus stop. You were quiet and deep in thought. Jiyeon noticed, so she turned to examine you.

“Eunya,” she called, but you didn’t reply. “Yah, Eunya,” Jiyeon nudged you, making you snap out of your thoughts. “Huh?” “Is something wrong? You’ve been thinking a lot lately.” “Oh,” you shook your head. “Ani, it’s nothing. Oh. The bus is here.”

Jiyeon looked up and sure enough, the bus just stopped in front of you guys. You quickly got on as she followed you. You sat in the back at the window and Jiyeon sat next to you. She glanced at you, who were in deep thought again. Jiyeon sighed and shook her head. *Eunya, what’s wrong with you today? You’re so deep into your thoughts. This doesn’t usually happen. Did something happen that I don’t know about?*

But being your older sister, Jiyeon didn’t ask you about it. She knew that you would tell her when you’re ready, so she’ll wait for you.

----

Myungsoo got into his car and drove off to school. He drummed his fingers on his stirring wheel unhappy. His engagement ring was on his finger, but he couldn’t look at it. It disgusted him, a lot. He hated the fact of being engagement, but now that the whole world knows about it, he couldn’t do much but accept the fact that he’s engaged.

He carefully pulled into the school parking lot, grabbed his backpack, and got out. He slung his backpack on one shoulder and proceeded towards the school building.

Students were looking at him and whispering about him. Myungsoo guessed that they saw the engagement ceremony on TV the night before, since it was broadcast for the whole world to know about his and Chae Rin’s engagement.

As he walked to his locker, Infinite came up to him, “Ay! There’s the married man!” Myungsoo looked up at his friends and rolled his eyes. “So, how does it feel like to be engaged?” Sungyeol asked wrapping an arm around Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Hell.” Myungsoo replied shrugging off his best friend’s arm.

“Whoa there, I thought getting married was something that everybody wants.” Hoya stated. “Yeah, when the person you’re marrying is the one you love then sure, why not.” Myungsoo snapped walking away.

Infinite looked at each other guilty. They all knew that Myungsoo didn’t love Chae Rin and that he wasn’t willing to marry her, but what could they do? They were just a bunch of high schoolers who obeyed their parents’ every command. They felt bad for Myungsoo, but they and he knew that it was for family business, which none of them could oppose. Family business is family business, not something simply that can be solved.

 

 

You and Jiyeon got to school greeted by Boyfriend. “Hey girls,” Donghyun beamed. “Good morning,” Jiyeon smiled. You didn’t reply but looked straight ahead. Jeongmin tilted his head to get a better look at you, “Good morning Eunya.” He waved his hand in front of your face. “Oh,” you blinked and smiled. “Good morning oppas.”

“Eunya, is something wrong?” Kwangmin asked examining you. You shook your head, “Ani, nothing’s wrong.” “Are you sure? You’re like spacing out.” Youngmin reasoned. You nodded again, “Yeah, I’m sure. I’m fine. Let’s go to class.” Youngmin and Kwangmin nodded.

You and the Jo twins headed to class while Jiyeon and the rest of Boyfriend was still standing outside the school building.

----

“Eunya, did you see the engagement ceremony last night? Wow. That guy, wow.” Youngmin said “…Yeah.” You simply answered. “Don’t you like him though?” Kwangmin asked. You shook your head.

Kwangmin looked at his older twin, who shrugged. “So, you don’t like him?” Kwangmin asked unsure. “Nope.” You replied. “Then, do you like anyone?” Youngmin asked. You stopped walking and looked at the Jo twins. “Why are you guys asking so many questions about this?” Kwangmin shrugged, “We just want to know.” You narrowed your eyes suspiciously at the two, “Liars, but I’ll let it pass since I don’t want to know the truth.” With that, you continued walking to class.

Youngmin and Kwangmin watched you walk into the classroom then looked at each other. “Is she okay?” Youngmin asked. Kwangmin shrugged, “I don’t know, but I wonder where Minwoo is.” “I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter