.15

Not For Long
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: so sorry for any mistakes or errors. (シ_ _)シ

 

Jennie loved any lovely and beautiful outfit, so there wasn’t really any work to do just to convince her to wear the y and cute peach dress Namjoon had bought. Chaeyoung wasn’t good at lying when it came to Jennie, but thankfully, the latter was in no mood to ask where they would be heading to, where the dress came from and why she needed to follow. Jennie did as Chaeyoung asked without any complaint. Her face showed how she was completely uninterested and probably, she was just doing that so she didn’t need to deal with a whiny Chaeyoung.

 

For a split second, the thought of this proposal event wouldn’t turn out well like what had been planned crossed her mind but she shook it off quickly and hoped for the best of the best to happen. And despite the tension she had with Taehyung last week, she tried to not let that ruin this because Jennie and Namjoon deserved the best. She had stared into the dress Taehyung bought for her to wear during this event for a long time before she took it and wore it.

 

Her eyes met with Taehyung the moment Namjoon went down on one knee in front of a teary-eyed Jennie while her ears took the sounds of soft gasps from everybody attending, mostly the family members of Jennie and Namjoon. They gazed into each other for a moment before Chaeyoung looked away and focused on her best friend instead. She was afraid that if she stayed holding his gaze on hers, her face would have frowned heavily which was not supposed to happen on this beautiful day.

 

Jennie covered her face with a hand, her head nodding very slowly before she put her hand away and Chaeyoung’s chuckle escaped along with a single tear when she saw her friend’s damped face.

 

“Yes,” Jennie said in an almost whispery voice as she choked on her sob. “Yes. Yes, Namjoon. Yes. I’ll marry you.”

 

It was definitely a rare sight to see her friend crying, but when she did, it was indeed a beautiful view and she knew everyone would agree with her. As soon as Namjoon slid the ring into Jennie’s finger, the latter pulled her fiancé up by the collar and kissed him deeply before she buried her face into his chest. Everyone applauded and cheered on them, and when Jennie pulled back, she ran into Chaeyoung and hugged her tightly.

 

“Did you plan all this?” Jennie asked, wiping away the tear in her eye.

 

Chaeyoung smiled warmly at her friend. “It was Namjoon, of course. And Taehyung had been a great assistant. My only role was to keep it a secret so as not to ruin the surprise.”

 

Namjoon came a second later and pulled Jennie by the waist. “Thanks. It wouldn’t have been successful if you weren’t here to help.”

 

She scoffed playfully. “Of course you need to thank me. I did a great job in not revealing the big secret,” Chaeyoung joked before Taehyung suddenly joined them and stood next to Namjoon, and Chaeyoung didn’t need to check to know that his eyes were fixed on her alone.

 

“Let’s go,” Namjoon said to Jennie. “I need you to meet up with someone.” As much as Chaeyoung didn’t want Namjoon and Jennie to leave her with Taehyung, perhaps, it was a good idea after all. She didn’t want the tension between them to surface, making things awkward in front of her best friend and her fiancé.

 

“Who?” Jennie asked as she was leaning towards Namjoon, her hand held his waist.

 

“Just follow me.” Namjoon pulled her hand and Chaeyoung watched as they moved into the crowd and a smile pulled on her face when Namjoon and Jennie stopped in front of the florist who had helped them decorate the place with beautiful flowers to which the closed space now looked like a garden. Jennie seemed hesitant at first, probably embarrassed and Chaeyoung smiled in relief when her friend finally looked like she was smiling and laughing as she talked to the florist while Namjoon busied himself admiring Jennie’s face from the side.

 

In the back of her mind, she wondered if Jungkook ever looked at her the way Namjoon looked at Jennie.

 

Chaeyoung was about to walk away but Taehyung cleared his throat next to her, reminding her that he was still there. She had completely forgotten that he came by a few minutes ago after getting distracted with the beautiful sight of the newly engaged couple. She stayed still for a moment, not looking at him.

 

“You look really beautiful, Chaeng,” he complimented and Chaeyoung could feel him shifting closer.

 

She nodded her head slightly and took a deep breath before replying briefly, “Thanks.”

 

Silence descended upon them and Chaeyoung waited for someone to approach them because wherever she went to, Taehyung would follow and leaving so early would be downright rude. She wished that any of Namjoon’s family members who were close to Taehyung would come and take him away from there.

 

“It’s all because of him, isn’t it?” he asked in a low voice with a small laughter that was so obviously not genuine followed next.

 

Chaeyoung inhaled softly and glanced at him for a second. “No. Don’t try to blame this on him.”

 

“Well, if he didn’t come to your life, it would have been easier for us to rekindle.”

 

She rolled her eyes dramatically. “That’s as if saying as though he was the main reason why I decided to call it over when obviously, the one who caused our relationship to fall apart was you, Taehyung.”

 

His sigh was the heaviest she’d heard. “I admitted my wrong and I asked for forgiveness, what else do I have to do to have you back?”

 

“I agreed to be in your life again, Tae. Just not as your lover but as a friend. That should have sufficed.”

 

“We were friends before we were lovers. Now that you’re back as my friend, why is it so hard for us to happen again?”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. If that’s really how things work, then I would be dating all of my friends.”

 

“You know that’s not what I meant,” he sighed. “Chaeng, just please…” he trailed off before continuing, “You’ve forgiven me. Why can’t we be like before? Why can’t we start over?” He sounded as though he was all too tired of this.

 

Chaeyoung was too. All the rep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter