.01

Not For Long
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he let his mind went further back, Jungkook believed that it was his fault after all and he knew he shouldn’t have blamed her a hundred percent for getting pissed at him. He realized he’d become a little bit possessive and he knew it wouldn’t be healthy.

 

After spending his time to think of why his previous relationship didn’t work apart from having his ex-girlfriend cheating on him, he realized that he was at fault as well, and it was for being too clingy that it suffocated the other person.

 

He realized that it was repeating, the history was repeating and if he didn’t try to fix this, if he didn’t try to change himself, he would never be able to find his own happiness. No, he might be able to find it, but it wouldn’t last with him.

 

Chaeyoung was totally not in the mood for everything and he couldn’t believe that he was being selfish that he didn’t stop bothering her even when she sounded stern on the first warning she gave him. He knew it was that time of the month for her, and knew that it might be for that reason that she was having mood swings. The right thing to do was to not bother her when she told him the first time, and he should have made some efforts to cheer her up, not the other way around.

 

He couldn’t believe he was being a kid when she didn’t entertain him. He couldn’t believe he spat his anger when she pushed him away the moment he continuously tried to kiss her even when she refused. He couldn’t believe he let his jealousy ate him alive when she decided to put all of her focus on her work, he couldn’t believe he was whining like a little brat who wasn’t granted what he wanted.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Can’t even spend five minutes on me? I miss you like hell and you can’t even look away from your computer,” Jungkook sighed, approaching Chaeyoung who was having her brows furrowed deeply while she was flipping through her designs. He grabbed a chair and took a seat next to her, casually slipping his hand to the nape of her neck, his thumb brushing against the soft skin. “Chaeyoung.”

 

“Not now, Jungkook,” she said, pushing his hand away from her neck, eyes not looking away from all the papers she was holding.

 

“I miss you. So freaking much that I’d die if you won’t look at me for one second,” he attempted with a teasing laughter that followed next, but it met with a failure as well. Slowly, he moved his face towards her, rested his chin on her shoulder and kissed the side of her face with a sound. “Pasta…” he breathed.

 

“Jungkook, please.” She moved her head away from him after he heard her groaned. “I said not now. I’m not in the mood, so please leave me alone.”

 

Jungkook ignored her as his fingers touched her hair, pulling the loose hair tie gently, causing her hair to fall, cascading her shoulders. He chuckled when she hissed, even went as far as teasing her with whispers of exaggerated affections.

 

And that made the bomb exploded within her. “Stop doing this, will you? You’re making it hard for me to breathe!”

 

Upon hearing that, his heart fell hard to the floor and he couldn’t help the anger rising from the pit of his stomach, sliding smoothly up his throat before it took off into the air. “Did you even realize what you just said? You’re saying my being a sweet boyfriend to you is suffocating you? That’s what you mean? That’s what you ing mean?!”

 

“Yes! That’s exactly what I meant. I’m glad I didn’t have to explain it to you! And let me correct you. That is not being sweet anymore. If you really want to be sweet, you should also be an understanding person.”

 

Jungkook felt his temper building up when he was slapped with those words. His voice was deep when he responded to her, “Am I not that understanding for you? If you didn’t realize, I was being one for wanting you to take a break from your stupid work. And you’re telling me that I’m not being understanding?”

 

“Understanding isn’t only about that! I needed space but you wouldn’t give it to me. If you totally understand me you should have given me some space for myself when I needed it! And, excuse me, what? Stupid work? You just insulted what I like, did you realize that?”

 

“Goddamn it, I don’t understand you women. Why is it that whenever you’re on your period, everything is everyone else’s fault and none of it is yours? Why do you have to get angry over one small thing?!”

 

“Well, try to be a woman and you’ll understand!”

 

It left him with no word to counter her back and both of them were silent, the tension he was feeling didn’t lessen one bit. He could hear his own breathing, so loud in his ears as he stared at her who was staring at the floor before she brought both her palms to press against her face. She ran her palms up her face, combed her hair to the back and sighed softly before she lifted her face to look at him with a softened look.

 

“Jungkook…” she softly said and tried to approach him.

 

He was still burning hot and refused to even listen to anything she was going to say, quickly turning around and stormed out of her house with a bang of the front door. He heard her opening the door and called his name and he did turn around just to respond, “You need your space so much, right? You can have it, because I’m done with you.”

 

*End of flashback*

 

Jungkook stared at the text message Chaeyoung had sent to him around an hour after the fight, telling him how sorry she was for saying those words to him. He realized his own mistakes, but was too ego to admit that what she had stated was all true. Even so, he found himself unable to rid her off his mind. The image of when her face fell the moment he said he was done with her kept circling on his mind and he felt his heart crushed every time he thought about it.

 

Despite the constant thought of her, Jungkook put his phone away instead of giving any responses to her. He lay on his bed with his arm behind his head, another hand busy changing the channel, none stayed for more than five seconds to be watched by his eyes.

 

Jungkook chewed on his lip and glanced at his phone when it buzzed on the bedside table. He wanted to ignore but there was a strange voice in his head that was telling him to pick it up. Slowly, he reached for the device and knitted his brows for a few seconds when he saw the ID of the caller.

 

It wasn’t Chaeyoung. It was her friend, Jennie.

 

Biting on his inner cheek, Jungkook slowly slid his thumb on the screen and pressed the phone onto his ear. “Yes?”

 

He was still in an awkward phase with both of Chaeyoung’s acquaintances and it was rare to speak to Jennie on the phone, because she would only talk to him if it was about Chaeyoung and that it was really important.

 

“Where are you?” Jennie shouted from the other line and Jungkook knew that she was actually in the club they frequented.

 

“Home. Why?” he tried his best to sound calm.

 

“Why aren’t you here with Chaeyoung? My boyfriend had an emergency and needed to go, but Chaeyoung refused to come with us. I feel like there’s something happened between you two that she’s now here without you, but I’m not going to question you about that yet so I need you to come here, because I don’t want her to be alone.”

 

Even before Jennie finished talking, he was already standing up from his bed, looking for some outfit to change into and as soon as the line went dead, he tossed his phone to his bed, quickly dressing himself up before grabbing the keys and phone and dashed out of his house.

 

*

 

“What’s wrong with you? You seem off,” Jennie said, taking a seat next to Chaeyoung while she ordered her drink.

 

“Nothing,” Chaeyoung answered flatly, staring at her phone with a slight pout.

 

She planned on answering every question Jennie was going to throw at her with ‘I don’t know’ and ‘Nothing’ but it seemed as though her friend, miraculously, didn’t question her further like she would always do and just kept quiet next to her. Instead of comforting her with words, Jennie squeezed her shoulder tenderly and rubbed her back.

 

“Just…don’t drink too much, okay?” her friend said while patting her back.

 

“I know,” Chaeyoung responded, eyes not leaving her phone for one bit. She had been staring at it, waiting for a single respond from Jungkook but it had been hours and none of the notifications she received notified her of Jungkook’s response.

 

He was ignoring her and it hurt so much that she thought it was possible for her eyes to water because of it. Not once had she expected to even be like this when it came to dating but now she was being one. It was pathetic to her that a simple argument made her so down. Maybe it wasn’t solely because of the argument, but the last words he said to her.

 

“I’m done with you.”

 

She couldn’t stop thinking whether or not he was being serious when he said that. Did he dump her for real? Or was it only him spitting his own anger and did not actually dump her? She tried to take it positively but seeing him getting mad, which was quite rare even though they fought quite several times before, made her feel scared of what was about to come.

 

Usually it wouldn’t be her who would made the first move to apologize even though it was her fault in the first place, but after hearing those words and seeing his angry face, she couldn’t help but text him her apology as well as telling him that she loved him.

 

However, the zero reply she scored only made the matter worse. She had a hunch that even if she knocked on his door on that night, he wouldn’t open it. Even if she approached him in his workplace, he would ignore her, she was sure of it a hundred percent.

 

A few guys asked her to dance with them but she gave no respond at all except when they held her hand. She pulled it away so quick even with the blank but sad face she had while keeping her eyes on the device.

 

Probably an hour or two later, she heard Jennie said that Namjoon had to go because he was just informed about a close family member of his being involved in an accident who was now in the hospital and that they needed to go as well, since all of them went to the club by his car. She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter