.10

Not For Long
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung drew her breath deeply, closing her eyes before she walked into a small club, there weren’t a lot of people in there and that made her glad. It would be easier to spot him. Her eyes looked around the entire space, teeth biting her lip nervously hoping that he would be there. But no, he wasn’t. At least not where she could see him. Perhaps, he was at the restroom. She hoped so.

 

Quickly, she approached the bartender who seemed to be so into his phone since there was no one sitting at the bar to order some drink. “Excuse me?” she politely greeted him and he looked up, lifting his brow at her and asked if she needed any help. “Yes. I’m looking for…” she hesitated for a while and eventually took out her phone from her pocket, sliding her thumb aggressively as she chased for time. The device was brought to life, and in the homescreen of her phone was of a photo of Jungkook. “Do you happen to see this guy around here today?”

 

The bartender leaned forward and Chaeyoung held her breath in anticipation. The man narrowed his eyes slightly before pulling back calmly with a slight nod of his head. “Yeah, he was here.”

 

She exhaled her breath like she had been holding it for an eternity, truly relieved upon that information.

 

“He left like an hour ago, I think.” He looked at his wristwatch and pursed his lips. “Maybe less than an hour ago, I’m not sure.”

 

“Do you know where he went to?”

 

“No, I don’t,” he said, slightly furrowing his brows as his lips pulled a small smirk, as though that was the stupidest question to ask.

 

Chaeyoung had no time to think a lot about that reaction as she bowed and said her thanks quickly, rushing towards her car. Where could he go? Could it be that he was at Yoongi’s workshop? Feeling like her brain couldn’t work fast anymore, she dialed Hoseok’s number again and waited anxiously.

 

“Yes, Chaeyoung.”

 

“Have you found him yet?”

 

“No, he’s not with Yoongi. I went to the workshop and he’s not there.”

 

Chaeyoung leaned her head against the headrest, heaving a sigh as she curled her fingers around the steering wheel. “Do you know any place he’d go?”

 

“I honestly don’t know. Maybe…maybe he went home. You should go back and check on him if he’s back home or not. It’s already late and –”

 

“And I haven’t found him,” she breathed, all the bad things that could have happened to him playing on her mind.

 

Hoseok was silent before he responded. “I know,” Hoseok said, his voice was gentle, comforting her slightly. “I’ll keep on looking but for now, you should just head back home. I’ll inform you if I found him. Yoongi is searching for him too. He’s never done this before, and we’re worried too. Go home safely, okay?”

 

Her grip tightened on her phone when Hoseok told her that this was the first time Jungkook had acted out like this. Again, she tried to tell herself that he’d be okay, nothing bad would happen to him but she couldn’t. Slowly, she nodded as though Hoseok could see her through the phone, swallowing hard as she muttered a soft ‘okay’.

 

Taking another deep breath, she revved the engine and sped away from the spot, hoping that he would be back safely in his home. Even then, as she was on her way home, her eyes couldn’t stay focus as she let them wander from left to right, trying to see if Jungkook was anywhere around the area she was in.

 

It was at the bridge that she saw a figure so familiar that her eyes widened and she instantly looked for the nearest free space to park her car. When she went out of her car, she studied the man from far, his messy hair, his slightly crumpled shirt, the way he was walking and she narrowed her eyes a little more, and there was a voice in her that told her he was indeed Jeon Jungkook.

 

Chaeyoung walked fast and eventually running, and the closer she got to him, the better the view she got of him. The sleeves of his crisp white shirt had been rolled up, revealing even his elbows and when she saw the scar on his arm, she sighed in relief. That just confirmed the identity of him. She ran faster and grabbed his shoulder to turn him around.

 

Jungkook’s body swayed, almost falling but she quickly put her arms around his waist, hugging him and steadying him at the same time. “Idiot,” she muttered softly with her forehead resting on his shoulder and she actually knew that he couldn’t hear at all. She turned her face so was covered by his shoulder. With muffled voice, tightly closed eyes and her fingers clutching onto his shirt so desperately, she said, “You’re a total idiot.” She wanted to curse at him out loud and tell him how stupid he was to make her worry so much. She wanted to slap him so his sobriety would come back.

 

She felt his hands holding her arms, pushing her away and she did let him. She looked up at him with concern in her eyes as he stared down at her with a confused look.

 

“Who are you?” he asked as he tried to keep his eyes opened wide.

 

She knitted her brows, fingers clutching around the fabric of his already crumpled shirt even tighter that she might tore it off. “Who am I?” she asked and scoffed next. “For your information, I’m Park Chaeyoung.”

 

Jungkook gave her a long look before he snorted and tried to wriggle away from her touch, forcefully pushing her body away so that she was completely off of him. “You’re not her,” he said, voice dropped in octave. “Don’t pretend to be her.”

 

He started to walk away from her and she trailed behind him. “Why do you think so?”

 

“Because,” he paused briefly and her heart sank at the reply, “she has… better things to do.” His voice seemed to mirror the wound he had within him.

 

The words that she wanted to say next were gulped down in an instant as she felt her chest tightened when she knew how he was feeling and what he had been thinking of. “You’re so drunk. Let’s get you home, Kookie.”

 

Her body stiffened when she realized what she had just blurted out.

 

Jungkook stopped moving, and turned around to look at her. The question he asked next made her want to laugh. “Are you and Chaeyoung… twins?” he chuckled, threw his head up that he almost fell to the back, and she immediately gripped his arm with both hands, “I guess you knew it from her… that she –that she called me that. I love that name, honestly.”

 

She was thankful that it wasn’t quite difficult to bring him to her car although the both of them almost fell to the ground when he accidentally stepped on his own foot. After he was seated and she put the seatbelt on for him, she stood up straight and let out a deep sigh with her eyes closed. She rounded the car and quickly seated herself, getting ready to drive away.

 

“Hey, where are you taking me?” he asked, trying to unbuckle the seatbelt but she slapped his hand and he was startled.

 

“I’m taking you home, Jungkook.” She looked away when she realized that he was staring intently into her eyes.

 

Jungkook laughed, slouched down in his seat and from the corner of her eyes, she could see that he had turned his face away from her. “I know that your twin and I have…” he paused briefly before he continued, “sort of split up. But that’s no excuse for me to let someone else jump into my life just like that.”

 

“I don’t have a twin,” she said flatly as she tried to ignore that wild beating of her heart when she heard what Jungkook had just said.

 

“Then who are you?” He faced her again, leaning his face closer to hers and she quietly tried to swallow the lump as calm as she could. “Ah…” He leaned back, nodding his head. “You must be a love doc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter