The Script Read

“I’m so happy that I met you. You, my love.”

4 April 2017

“Will you sleep with me?” She asked assuredly, without glancing up from her script.

Ji Chang Wook felt his cheeks blush at the audacious question. He glanced at her with a slight smile and replied “Sure” with a nervous chuckle. The room burst into laughter at the exchange.

“This seems to be going well”, he thought to himself. After the role of Eun Bong Hee was turned down Lee Sung Kyung and Han Ji Min in quick succession, there was much speculation as to whether filming of the drama could commence as scheduled without a female lead in sight.

Fortunately, a casting director, in the name of research, stumbled upon a video of Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun presenting at the 26th Seoul Music Awards earlier in the year. Their easy banter and sweet smiles during the award ceremony convinced the producers to make an offer for the female lead to Nam Ji Hyun. After all, Nam Ji Hyun had done well with audiences in her first adult role in Shopping King Louie just last year. Within days, Soop Entertainment confirmed the acceptance of the role by Nam Ji Hyun.

After the script read, the photographer gathered the cast for pictures to be released to the press. Ji Chang Wook found himself in the middle of the picture flanked by Choi Tae Joon and Nara. He glanced quickly at Nam Ji Hyun who had nestled herself beside Nara at the side of the group. This was unusual since female leads would usually stand in the middle next to their male counterparts for such press photographs. Ji Chang Wook saw Nam Ji Hyun smile affectionately at Nara and decided not to say anything about the unusual positioning.

...

“See you tomorrow, Chang Wook Orabeoni!” said Nam Ji Hyun brightly to Ji Chang Wook as they walked towards their respective vehicles in the SBS carpark.

“Ah Ji Hyun-yang, there is no need for that. You can call me Oppa.” replied Ji Chang Wook.

With a smile on her face, Nam Ji Hyun replied “Araso, Oppa! Annyeong!”

Seeing the beautiful smile light up her face, Ji Chang Wook could not help but flash a big smile back at Nam Ji Hyun and waving before getting into his waiting car.

As his car pulled out of the SBS carpark to take him home for the day, he found his thoughts lingering on Nam Ji Hyun and her bright smile.