Dinner

We will be together... Forever... (Sequel to When we fall in love... For real...)

In the evening, when the doorbell rang, you walked down the stairs in a short dress.

It's wasn't too short or too long, just nice for a meet-the-parents dinner. 

When you opened the door, Jiyong stood there, wearing a smart looking tuxedo.

"Oppa!" you smiled brightly at him.

He hugged you. "I missed you already." 

"Me too." you giggled. "Let's go in. Appa isn't ready yet, we can look around my house first."

You no longer stayed with Donghyun's family.

Your father's company made some money and your family bought a temporary house here.

You brought him to your room. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"It's totally clean and pretty."

"Of course, what do you expect from me?" you smiled proudly.

He laughed and nodded in agreement.

The doorbell rang again, for the second time.

"There's more guest?" you asked puzzled. Your father didn't tell you that he invited anyone.

You went to the door again.

"Donghyun oppa?" you were shocked.

"Good evening. Ajusshi asked me to come here for dinner tonight." he said, informing you.

"Ohh, come in." you said.

He too was wearing a tuxedo, looking smart, like a business man.

"Ahh, Donghyun-ah, you came already?" a deep voice said.

"Appa! You didn't tell me that Donghyun oppa was coming." you frowned.

"Why? Don't you welcome him? Aren't you his best friend." your father chuckled like your words amused him.

"A-Aniya, it's just that you should've told me before hand." you looked away, avoiding Donghyun.

Both of you haven't met since a long time. It all became awkward when you and Jiyong got together.

"Dinner will be served shortly. You can all wait and the dining area." your father announced.

"Where's omma?" you asked.

"She's still preparing. You know how she is, always looking the best for our guest." your father gestured towards Donghyun.

You were a little annoyed that he didn't regard Jiyong as a guest. You wanted to say something but somehow, Jiyong knew what you were going to say. 

"It's ok." he mouthed.

You smiled. You were grateful that you had such an understanding boyfriend.

Not everyone could stand your father. Not that he was evil or anything, but he had high expectations for people he cares for. And some times, he could get really annoying.

"Omma!" you exclaimed happily when your mother came to the dinner table.

"Oh, Donghyun-ah! You're here! Jiyong-sshi, you're here already too?" your mother greeted them happily.

This was another reason why you loved your mother, she'd accept your choices and would be happy as long as you were happy.

"Annyeonghaseyo, ajumma," Jiyong bowed.

"Aigoo, such a gentleman. ~~~~~-ah, you made a good choice!" she winked at you. 

You were happy that she supported you.

"Ajumma, nice to see you again. My parents asked me to send their regards." Donghyun said politely.

"Aigoo, they didn't have to. Donghyun-ah, you've grown to be a gentleman. The last time I saw you in a tuxedo was when you were still in elementary school right?" she laughed.

Donghyun blushed at the topic.

"Yeobo, the food is getting cold, let's start dinner." your father said.

Everyone settled down and dinner was finally served.

While eating, your father suddenly said "The purpose of this dinner, is to announce that my company has made a comeback in America."

Everybody looked at him.

"Really?" you were happy for him.

"Yes, and we are going back." he said.

"What?! We're going back? Why? I like life here." you protested.

"Yes I can see that." he eyed Jiyong. "We have to go back, that's our home."

"But I was born in Korea! It's my home here!" you were a little annoyed.

"I said that we'll leave and we will!" he said in a firmer voice.

You became quiet. 

"No objections? Good. Donghyun-ah, I've discussed with your parents. You'll come with us. You can learn business from my company." your father informed him.

"Me?" he ask, surprised.

Your father nodded.

"Why are you dragging Donghyun oppa in all of this?" you whined.

"This is my final choice." 

"Then Jiyong oppa will come with us." you said.

Jiyong's eyes widened in surprise.

"No." your father said.

You already knew his answer before he said it. "I don't care. Either he's coming with me, or I'm not going." you stood firm.

"You-" your father started but your mother cut in.

"Jiyong-sshi should come with us too! Since he doesn't have any family here, it'll be great to live with us. He can also learn from you, yeobo." your mother said.

You knew that your father would listen to your mother so you heaved a sigh of relief.

"Fine... We'll bring him along. But is he ok with it?" your father looked at Jiyong.

"I'm ok with it. Since I have no one here except my friends." he said. 

You smiled. Now he would be living with you.

"That's settled then. Both of you will be coming with us." your mother was happy.

Now this who plan sounded like a family overseas trip.

"Fine, pack up. We'll be leaving next Monday." your father said and continued eating.

Not anyone word was spoken until the end of dinner.