The first test

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoonji woke up startled by her oldest son jumping on her bed like crazy.

 

“What the hell?” she mumbled as she looked at her son, “What do you think you’re doing? Get out of here. I want to sleep!” she yelled at her son.

 

“But I have piano lessons before school!!” Taehyung said as he stopped jumping.

 

“Is that so? Then go ask Seokjin to dress you up and take you to wherever your teacher is.” She mumbled sleepily.

 

She didn’t see her son’s smirk as he jumped out of bed and went back to his room. For the first time, he decided he could dress by himself without any adult’s help.

 

Yoonji wasn’t able to fall asleep again since her son interrupted her sleep, so she stood up and made her way downstairs only to find her son already dressed up and waiting for her along with her husband.

 

“Why are you guys staring at me like that?” she asked.

 

Jimin gave her a fake smile, “Tae is ready for his piano lessons.”

 

“Good for him. Call Seokjin so he’ll take the kid to his teacher.” She said as she yawned.

 

“You must be really sleepy since you seem to have forgotten that Tae’s piano lessons happen in this living room.” Jimin said in a sarcastic tone.

 

Yoonji stopped yawning and eyed her husband and son. She nodded, “Of course! I must be really sleepy.” She gave them a fake smile, “I should go take my breakfast before your teacher arrives.” She said as she tried to make her way to the dining room but Taehyung stopped her.

 

“Don’t be silly, mommy. You are my teacher.” He said with a mischievous smile and Yoonji’s eyes widened at her son’s statement.

 

She looked back at Jimin, who was biting his lip and trying to resist the urge to laugh at her.

 

“What is he talking about?” she asked.

 

“Your memory seems to be off, Yoonji.” Jimin smirked as he approached her, “You seem to have forgotten that in the past two weeks you’ve been Tae’s piano teacher.”

 

Her eyes widened even more.

 

“That’s impossi…” she almost said, “Oh!” she remembered her brother knew how to play the piano since their father taught him before he died. Unfortunately for her, she never got the chance to learn.

 

She looked at Jimin and noticed how mischievous his smile was. He seemed to be having fun testing her.

 

“I know.” She lied, “But I’m not feeling well today, Taehyung.” She said as she looked at her son, “Let’s skip the lesson for today, ok?”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes as if already expecting that answer from his mother, “Ok.” He mumbled.

 

And after glaring at her husband, Yoonji made her way to the dining room to take her breakfast in peace only to find little Jungkook staring at her with wide eyes.

 

“What are you staring at?” she asked in a grumpy way.

 

“Nothing!” the little boy said as he looked away and stuffed another piece of bread in his mouth, “Mommy?” he mumbled with his mouth full.

 

Yoonji looked at him with a disgusted expression, “Ew, at least swallow your food before speaking, you idiot.” She said.

 

“Sorry.” Little Jungkook mumbled and he looked down, “Is it true you agreed on going camping with us again?” he eyed her curiously.

 

“Wh…what?” she asked.

 

“Daddy and Tae want to go camping again because it was really fun last time.” Jungkook explained.

 

“Your daddy failed to mention that.” She said.

 

“I was going to ask you but since you claim to feel sick, we should postpone it.” Jimin said as he entered the dining room and sat down next to his wife.

 

“Oh! You’re feeling sick again, mommy? Does that mean your voice is going to change and you’ll be nicer to us again? That would be awesome!!” Taehyung, who followed hi

Please log in to read the full chapter