The investigation

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi was taken to the police station shortly after his sister called the police.

 

“We already told you about your rights. You can call a lawyer.” The detective warned him and Yoongi nodded.

 

“I don’t want one.” He said.

 

The detective sighed, “Here’s what’s going to happen. We are going to make some questions and it will be better if you cooperate.” The detective told him as he sat down in front of Yoongi.

 

“Ok.”

 

“Your name is Min Yoongi, you’re 27 years old and you are Mrs. Park Yoonji’s twin, am I right?” the detective said.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Your sister filled charges against you for allegedly stealing her identity and pretending to be her for two weeks while she was on vacation in Paris.”

 

“That’s right.” Yoongi admitted.

 

The detective eyed him with suspicion, “You see…I noticed some discrepancies on your sister’s testimony and I want to confirm them with you.”

 

Yoongi gulped, “Ok…”

 

“But first, I want to hear your version of the facts.” The detective told him.

 

 

**

 

After spending the whole day at the hospital with Taehyung, Jimin was assured by the doctors that his son was going to be alright and that he should go home and rest.

 

When he arrived home, his employees were waiting for him on the living room.

 

“Sir.” Hoseok stood up immediately, “How’s little Tae?”

 

“He is going to be ok. The doctors assured me he will be able to come back home in, at least, two days.” Jimin replied.

 

“That’s great news.” Seokjin said.

 

“Are there any news from Yoonji and Jungkook?” Jimin asked and he noticed his employees seemed to tense a little, “What’s wrong?” Jimin asked.

 

“I was with her at noon. She will be home soon.” Hoseok said.

 

“That’s good. Why are you so tense then?” Jimin asked.

 

“Because…she forced me to testify against her brother at the police station.” Hoseok confessed as he looked away nervously.

 

“Wh..what?” Jimin’s eyes widened, “Yoongi was arrested?”

 

Hoseok nodded, “She forced him to turn himself in to the authorities using Jungkook as bait.”, the butler explained, “And then she called me to force me to go to the police station and corroborate her story about the switch between them.”

 

“Wh…what exactly did you say to the police, Hoseok?” Jimin asked.

 

“I lied…” Hoseok shrugged, “I told them I realized about the switch as soon as I saw him looking for clothes in your wardrobe and that he threatened to kill me if I opened my mouth about it to anyone.” Hoseok confessed in tears, “I’m so sorry, sir. She forced me to say it..”

 

“That heartless !” Jimin mumbled as he picked up his coat and put it back on again. “Hoseok, you stay at the house and wait for Yoonji. As soon as you get alone with Jungkook, you take him to Namjoon and order him to take Jungkook to the police central station.” Jimin ordered the butler, “Seokjin, you go to the hospital and protect Taehyung.” He told the nanny, who nodded in approval.

 

Jimin left the house in a hurry and took his own car as he drove to the main police station.

 

As he got there, the police officers eyed him with a surprised look on their faces. He approached an older officer and asked where he could find the detective in charge of the identity theft crime his wife was involved in.

 

“First door on the right.” The older officer told him, “Just follow me.”

 

Jimin followed and passed by some weird and scary looking people he hoped wouldn’t get the chance to share the cell with Yoongi.

 

The older officer knocked on the door and seconds later a familiar looking face emerged from inside.

 

“Detective Kang!!” Jimin exclaimed, “Are you in charge of this case?”

 

Detective Kang was the private detective Jimin hired to find out about his wife’s whereabouts and Yoongi’s real identity. This man knew about Yoonji’s true nature.

 

The detective didn’t reply and told the old officer to leave. He invited Jimin inside his office and closed the door behind him.

 

“I was called in because detective Nam knows I did a job for you that is related to the case he has in hands.” Detective Kang told him.

 

“I see.” Jimin said.

 

“I assume you are here to testify, am I right?” the detective guessed.

 

Jimin nodded, “On Yoongi’s behalf.”

 

The detective eyed him for a moment and raised his brow, “And why are you going to testify against your own wife?”

 

“You know why. It was all her idea, to make the switch, to force Yoongi to take her place…”

 

“That’s not what Yoongi said when he was arrested.” Kang said, “He claims the idea was his.” The detective said as he started typing in his computer and his recording device.

 

“Then he is lying.” Jimin stated, “The man I met pretending to be my wife was scared when he first got into my house. He wasn’t comfortable playing the part. I could see the way he looked nervous and scared when he first arrived to my house. If he was the mastermind behind this, he would’ve acted differently. I’m sure of it.”

 

“So, you realized something was off as soon as he arrived, am I right?”

 

Jimin nodded, “Yes

Please log in to read the full chapter