The Parks

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

It took a week for Yoongi to learn his sister's daily routines, including how to apply makeup and how to dress fancy. It took him some time the master his walk on high heels but he managed.

 

"I think I did a fairly good job." She admired her masterpiece as she took a step back and allowed Yoongi to take a good look in the mirror.

 

He did look exactly like her: the makeup was flawless, the skin looked like porcelain and the shoulder length wig complemented it.

 

"Yeah...I look exactly like you, except for the voice." he remarked.

 

Yoonji dismissed the obvious detail, "Just tell them you caught a cold while visiting your brother in the country side. They'll buy it, relax."

 

"For a whole month? I doubt that." Yoongi mumbled.

 

"Just hurry up. The chauffer will come to pick me up in a few minutes. From the moment you step inside that car you will be living as me for a whole month. Don't screw it up." she warned him.

 

As she told him this, they heard a car stopping just outside Yoongi's house.

 

"Namjoon is here." she said as she peeked through the window, "Straighten your back and look everyone in the eyes everytime you meet them. And don't forget to be sassy when you need to. We're siblings after all..." she smirked at her brother and tapped his back.

 

Yoongi closed his eyes, took a deep breath and opened the door to face his sister's chauffer who was about to ring the doorbell.

 

"Good morning Mrs.Park. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the country side." The man said with a smile, a very fake smile, Yoongi could tell.

 

"Good morning, Namjoon. I've had better days." Yoongi gave him is fakest smile and he noticed the other man's smile fade.

 

"Uh, are you sick? Your voice sounds so...different"

 

Of course he would notice my voice sounds different...Yoongi nodded, "Yes, my throat hurts a lot. I caught a cold while visiting my brother."

 

"Oh, I see." The other man said, "Where is your luggage, madam?"

 

Yoongi turned around and stepped back inside the house to pick up his luggage.

 

;"Madam, I shall take that." Namjoon offered to help but Yoongi didn't let him.

 

"I can handle my own luggage, thank you. Could you open the car trunk, please?"

 

His sister's chauffer looked at him in disbelief.

 

"What are you waiting for Namjoon? Can you open the trunk or not?" Yoongi asked again.

 

"Oh, yes. Sorry...I was just...nevermind." Namjoon recovered from his initial shock of seeing his 'madam' doing something by herself and made his way out. Before closing the door behind him, Yoongi mumbled something to his sister, who was hiding behind the couch.

 

"You owe me so much more than the ing mortgage..." He said.

 

He knew his sister was probably laughing at him but he didn't bother to check.

He had to look at the bright side of the situation. He was about to exchange his life with his sister. He was about to learn how it felt like to wake up every day, for a month, without any worries (except the one of being found out). A month without having to work. A month to spend time with his nephews that he had't met before. A month to get to know the poor man his sister married to for whom Yoongi already felt some sympathy.

 

 

**

 

After a long ride back to his new temporary home, Yoongi panicked when he realized the biggest test was about to happen. He was about to meet his sister's husband and children. There was no way they would't realise something was off. If not by his posture, probably by his voice which sounded nothing like his sister's.

 

He stepped out of the car and looked in awe at the mansion in front of him. His sister had shown him pictures but nothing was like the real thing.

 

Ok...Compose yourself, Yoongi. You can't look surprised. He thought as he took the first step towards the entrance.

 

He didn't have much time to get a glimse of anyone else when he stepped inside because, all of a sudden, two little kids made their way towards him in a hurry.

 

"Mommy!!" they yelled as they approached. Yoongi's first instinct was to drop his sister's designer bag on the floor and hug the cute kids, "Mommy, we missed you so much." Taehyung said as he hugged Yoongi tightly.

 

"Mommy missed you too." Yoongi managed to say almost in a whisper.

 

"Mommy, look." Little Jungkook drew Yoongi's attention to him, 'I lost my first tooth this morning." he said with a bright smile that showed a very tiny and cute hole where is tooth used to be.

 

"Ah, let mommy see." Yoongi looked closely, "Mommy will make sure the tooth fairy pays you a visit tonight." Yoongi assured the youngest child.

 

"Really?" Jungkook asked.

 

"Yes!"

 

"Thank you mommy." Jungkook hug him.

 

The boy's nanny had been watching this scene from the begining and couldn't help but think something was off with the children's mother. Seokjin couldn't pinpoint if it was her weird voice or the strangely spontaneous way she seemed to actually enjoy the kid's hugs and news about the fallen tooth.

 

"Good evening, madam." Seokjin approached.

 

"Ah, good evening, Jin-ah." Yoongi said with a sincere smile that surprised Seokjin to say the least, "I suppose the children already

Please log in to read the full chapter