The mistake

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Sungmin decided to go to the police station and testify against Yoonji after the conversation he had with Jimin. It was the least he could do after betraying Jimin.

 

“So, you are the man with who Park Yoonji went to Paris.” Detective Kang started.

 

“That’s right.” Lee nodded.

 

“What’s the nature of your relationship with her?”

 

“She’s my . I pay her to join me in my trips overseas and, obviously, have with me.” He replied.

 

“By you mean e.” Kang wrote on his file.

 

“You could say that.” Lee shrugged.

 

"Are you aware that ion is a crime here in Korea?"

 

"Yes and I'm also aware that you can't send me to prison for that."

 

"Maybe you missed the latest constitutional court decision on that matter that states that buying is punishable by up a year in prison or a fine of 3 million won." Kang told him.

 

"I'm sure I will only have to pay a fine."

 

Kang shook his head, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." he said, “What do you know about Yoonji’s switch with her brother?”

 

“I know everything.” Lee said, “I invited Yoonji to join me on my trip to Paris but she said she couldn’t. That’s when she paid her brother a visit and had this crazy idea of switching with him. She called me and told me she had changed her mind and was going to Paris with me.”

 

“Did she tell you why she changed her mind?”

 

“Yes. She said she managed to convince her brother to switch with her.” Lee said as he took out his phone from his pocked, “She even sent me a selca with him. I couldn’t tell the difference between the two of them.” He said as he showed the selca Yoonji and sent him.

 

“I’m gonna need that photograph. Send it to this email address.” Kang demanded as he showed a file with the e-mail address.

 

“Ok.”

 

“What else did she tell you? Did she tell you about the deal she made with Yoongi?”

 

“Yes. She paid his mortgage.”

 

“Did she tell you that?”

 

“Yes. I was the one who gave her a ride to the bank where she made the deposit.”

 

“When was the deposit made? In what bank?”

 

“October 12th, on DGB Financial Group, in Dalgubeol-daero, Suseong-gu, Daegu.” Lee said.

 

“Do you remember what time it was when you took her there?”

 

“Around 10 am.”

 

“So, the person in this photo is definitely Yoonji and not her brother, right?” Detective Kang asked as he handed Lee the same CCTV photo he had shown Yoongi the day before.

 

“Yes. It’s her. She’s wearing the diamond necklace I gave her.” Lee remarked.

 

“I see…” Kang wrote on his file, “What else can you tell me about this? Have you heard any conversation between Yoonji and her brother on the phone?”

 

“Yes. One day after the switch and he called her to say he was afraid he had been found out. She yelled at him and told him to keep his part of the deal. After two weeks, she received a text from him saying he had given up and was getting out of the house. She got pissed. She packed her stuff and made her way back to Korea on the same day.”

 

Kang sighed as he stared at his notes, “We will need a confession from this woman and you’re probably the person who can help us.”

 

“Ok…What do you want me to do?” Lee asked.

 

 

**

 

“Uncle!!” Taehyung exclaimed as he saw Yoongi entering his room at the hospital. If the boy hadn’t broke his leg he would’ve jumped on his uncle’s lap.

 

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Yoongi approached with a fond smile and gave him a hug as he sat down on the bedside.

 

“I feel a lot better now. Thank you for your help, uncle. Daddy told me what you did for me.” Taehyung said as he stared at his uncle in adoration.

 

“It was nothing, Tae.” Yoongi dismissed his act of kindness, “I’m glad you are feeling alright now.” He said as he caressed his nephew's head.

 

“Hello? I’m also here just in case you haven’t noticed…” Jimin said with a pouty expression.

 

Taehyung smiled at his father, “I’m sorry, daddy. Come here, I want to hug you too!!” the child told him as he stretched his small arms and waited for his father to hug him, “Is Kookie at home?” he asked.

 

“No. I took him to kindergarten this morning.” Jimin replied.

 

“Oh.” Taehyung mumbled, “I want to see him.”

 

“I know you miss him. I promise I’ll bring him later today, ok?” Jimin promised.

 

“Ok.” Taehyung’s face lit up a little as he looked at his uncle, “Uncle, are you coming back to our house? We miss you.”

 

Yoongi was taken aback by Taehyung’s sudden questi

Please log in to read the full chapter