The truth

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

By the end of the day and after avoiding people’s suspicious gazes on him, Yoongi retreated back to the guest room. He was sure everyone was suspecting his behavior and he couldn’t help but panic.

 

He picked up the phone his sister gave him and dialed her number.

 

“Hello?” he heard his sister’s voice.

 

“Yoonji! I think I’ve been found out.” He said.

 

“Already? Can’t you even manage to pretend being me for twenty-four hours? What an idiot…”

 

“It’s not my fault that we are too different.” Yoongi defended himself.

 

“The deal was to pretend to be me for a month. I don’t care how you manage to do it. Deal with it!” she said as she hung up.

 

“Yah! Yoonji!” Yoongi yelled but it was too late.

 

He threw the phone on the bedside table and sat down on the bed, thinking of possible ways to escape his obvious fate.

 

 

**

 

During the week, Yoongi tried to behave a little bit more like his sister would but he couldn’t. Not when the kids would walk inside his room in the middle of the night and fall asleep while hugging him. It became sort of usual for the kids to do that.

 

On the first day it happened, Jimin panicked in the morning when he wasn’t able to find the children in their beds. After looking around the house and not finding any signs of them, he decided to take a peek at the guest room, only to find the kids sleeping peacefully while hugging their mother’s impersonator.

 

After a week, Jimin already gotten used to it. He would take the chance to sneak inside the guest room and watch the children sleep along with this stranger. The more Jimin stared at this person’s features the more he was convinced the physical resemblance between this person and his wife couldn’t be a coincidence.

 

He decided to hire a private detective in order to find out who this person was.

 

The first thing he was told was that his wife’s brother was her twin, something his wife never mentioned before. She only claimed to have an older brother but failed to mention her brother was only older by a matter of minutes instead of years.

 

“So…You’re telling me this person who’s pretending to be my wife is actually her twin brother?” Jimin asked in disbelief.

 

“I’m not sure yet. According to my investigation, Min Yoongi vanished around a week ago, after being fired from his job at a convenience store. His neighbors said they haven’t seen him ever since and they also mentioned to have seen a woman who resembled him around the house by the same time he disappeared.” The private detective told him.

 

“If he took my wife’s place, then where is she?” Jimin asked.

 

The detective spared a hesitant glance at Jimin and sighed, “Apparently, she’s in Paris.”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened, “Paris? What is she doing in there?”

 

The detective took some photographs from an envelope and handed them to Jimin.

 

Jimin’s blood boiled when he saw the photos. He saw his wife with another man, a very familiar face indeed. Millionaire Lee was the second major shareholder on Jimin’s company. Jimin trusted him with the most important decisions in his company, only to find out he had been betrayed. This man apparently was sleeping with his wife, who managed to convince her own brother to replace her in the Park’s household.

 

“Are you aware the person pretending to be your wife is committing a crime?” the detective asked him and Jimin glanced at him, “Identity theft.” The man stated, “You’ll have to press charges against him sooner or later.” The man urged him.

 

Jimin nodded and looked back at the photographs in his hands.

 

 

**

 

Jimin arrived home with the purpose of confronting Yoongi with the truth. He found his wife’s impersonator playing with the kids near the pool.

 

It was a wonderful sight, he had to admit. He had never seen his children so happy before. He didn’t notice he had been staring for a while until he heard Taehyung calling him.

 

“Daddy!!!” the oldest son called and ran towards him, “I need to ask you something.”

 

Jimin kneeled in front of his son with a smile on his face, “What is it, Tae?”

 

“Today at school, my friend Daesung told me he went camping with his family last weekend.”

 

“Is that so? Did he have fun?” Jimin asked and his son nodded.

 

“He made fun of me and said I’ll never be able to go camping...” Taehyung said with a sad tone.

 

“Do you want to go camping with me?” Jimin asked his son. The boy’s eyes seemed to shine brighter.

 

“Yes!!”

 

“Then we’ll go camping next weekend, ok? Just the two of us.” Jimin promised.

 

Taehyung furrowed his brows and shook his head, “Kook and mommy have to come too.” He insisted.

 

Jimin glanced at Yoongi, who was sitting near the pool with Jungkook on his lap, playing with him.

 

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Jimi was honest.

 

“Why not?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Because your brother is too little to go camping and it’s a little bit dangerous.” Jimin explained.

 

“Oh…” Taehyung lowered his head in defeat, “But mommy can still come with us, right?”

 

“Well…I don’t think your mother would like to come…”

 

Taehyung looked back at his mother and yelled, “Mommy! Do you want to go camping with us?”

 

Yoongi lifted his head and looked at Taehyung and Jimin with a surprised expression. He was aware Jimin suspected about him from the beginning and he was also aware Jimin had finally started to drift away from him. The good morning kisses had stopped and the stolen pecks while Yoongi was awake as well. Despite the fact he caught Jimin staring at him innumerous times with an unreadable expression, he was sure the other male wasn't comfortable around him.

 

“Uh…I don’t think I should go, Tae.” Yoongi said, “You should go with your father, I’ll stay home with your brother.”

 

“No. All the family must come. It won’t be the same without you and Jungkook.” Taehyung insisted and Yoongi looked at Jimin as if begging him silently to do something about it, “Please, mommy. Daddy, convince mommy to come with us.” Taehyung insisted as he looked at his father with begging eyes.

 

Jimin gave his son a reassuring sm

Please log in to read the full chapter