The deal

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You’ve gotta be kidding me…” Yoongi said as his sister took a sip of her tea. They were sitting on the front porch of Yoongi’s modest house, contemplating the view.

 

“I’m not, Yoongi.” She said, “I’m tired of my life. It lacks…enthusiasm…energy…” she continued as she placed her cup of tea on the table and looked at her brother in despair.

 

“You’ve got the kids…I’m sure your life is not that boring.” Yoongi remarked. Yoongi liked kids, he found them cute and entertaining. He had trouble understanding how there are people who fail to see how wonderful children are.

 

“I never wanted to have kids to begin with.” She said, “It was all Jimin’s idea. I hate kids. I can’t even look straight at the kids…they make me angry. Too noisy…”

 

Yoongi stared at his sister in shock. He knew she wasn’t the reincarnation of perfection but he had no idea she could be so cold towards her own children.

 

“And Jimin…that idiot…he’s so busy with work he didn’t even notice I’m being unfaithful to him.” She said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

 

“Then why don’t you get divorced?” Yoongi suggested and his sister stared at him as if he had just slapped her.

 

“And lose my money? No way.”

 

Yoongi shook his head in disbelief, “It’s your husband’s money, not yours.” He said.

 

“It’s my money since I married that moron.”

 

Yoongi didn’t know what to say anymore so he chose to remain silent. He had seen Park Jimin once, in a photograph. He had been invited to their wedding but he was out of the country when it took place. Although he hadn’t met Jimin he couldn’t help but feel sorry towards the guy. No one deserved a wife like his sister.

 

“Millionaire Lee invited me to join him on his trip to Europe. We’re going to Paris.” Yoonji said.

 

“Lee? Your new lover, I believe…” Yoongi guessed and his sister nodded.

 

“I need to make up a good lie while I’m out so the brats and Jimin won’t have a clue…” she said with a thoughtful expression, “And you could help me with that…” she said with a smirk.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Yoongi eyed his sister suspiciously.

 

“Why don’t we exchange roles for a month?” she suggested.

 

“Wh…what?” Yoongi yelled at her in disbelief, “Are you nuts? What makes you think I would accept that?”

 

“I know you need money to pay the mortgage for this tiny house of yours…and I also happen to have a lot of money available on my bank account.” She said nonchalantly.

 

“That’s my own problem. I can handle it myself.”

 

“Not if I get you fired from your job.” She said with a mischievous smile.

 

“You wouldn’t do that…That’s blackmail…”

 

“Call it whatever you want. I ne

Please log in to read the full chapter