The second deal

The susbtitute
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi was serving a mug of cappuccino to one of the clients at the coffee shop when his attention was drawn towards the news on TV.

 

“Park heir suffered accident and is currently at the ICU on Seoul National University Hospital.” The news anchor said, “Apparently Park Taehyung fell on a camping trip and has been found unconscious by his father, famous CEO Park Jimin, from Park Enterprise.”

 

“Oh my God!” Yoongi mumbled as he heard the news and dropped the mug of hot coffee on the floor.

 

“Are you ok?” the client asked.

 

“Uh? Yes…I…I’m sorry about your cappuccino, I’ll bring another one.” Yoongi apologized and made his way back to the counter. “Kihyun, I need you to cover for me.” He told his friend.

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” his friend asked and Yoongi pointed towards the TV.

 

“My nephew seems to have suffered an accident. I have to go.” Yoongi said.

 

“Oh, just go then. I’ll cover up for you. Go!!”

 

“Thanks.” Yoongi said as he took off his apron and left the shop in a hurry.

 

 

**

 

Jimin was in shock. He went into the woods after Taehyung but he wasn’t able to find him at first. After screaming for his son’s name and looking for him for around an hour, he finally managed to find him. The boy had fallen down and hit his head somewhere. His head and one of his legs were covered in blood when Jimin found him..

 

Unable to get any signal to make a phone call and ask for help, Jimin took his son in his arms and made his way back to the camping site only to find it deserted with no sign of his wife or Jungkook. His car was missing.

 

It took him another hour walking down the road with his son on his arms to be able to find someone who could help him.

 

And another hour was what it took to finally be able to get his son some medical treatment.

 

“Your son lost a lot of blood. He will need a blood transfusion.” The doctor told him.

 

“Please, do whatever is necessary.” Jimin pleaded.

 

“There’s a problem, though.” The doctor said, “Your son has a rare blood type. We don’t have this blood type in storage.”

 

“Wh…what?”

 

“Your son’s blood type is O negative.” The doctor explained, “What’s yours, sir?”

 

“I’m A.” Jimin replied.

 

“We need to find someone whose blood matches your son. His mother might be your best shot.” The doctor told him.

 

“But I don’t know where she is…” Jimin said on the verge of tears, “Isn’t there any other way?”

 

“We could tell the media we’re in need of that blood type for storage, but we don’t know how long it will take until we actually get a volunteer to donate blood.” The doctor said.

 

“Please, do that. I will try to reach his mother in the meantime.” Jimin said as the doctor nodded and left him in the hospital corridor.

 

As the doctor made his way down the corridor, Yoongi approached him, “Excuse me.” He said.

 

“May I help you, young man?” the doctor asked.

 

“I’m Park Taehyung’s uncle. I heard the conversation between you and his father. I think I can help. My blood type is the same as Taehyung’s”

 

The doctor eyed him with suspicion, “I will need a sample of your blood to test first.”

 

Yoongi nodded, “Ok.”

 

“Follow me then.” The doctor told him and Yoongi followed.

 

 

**

 

Meanwhile and oblivious to Yoongi’s presence in the hospital, Jimin tried calling Yoonji but to no avail. She had her phone turned off. He called his home but his employees told him Yoonji hadn’t gone home either, that there were no signs of her or Jungkook.

 

Jimin couldn’t help but cry for feeling so useless. For not being able to help his own son.

 

“Excuse me, sir?” A nurse approached Jimin and touched his shoulder.

 

Jimin wiped his tears and lifted his head. The nurse gave him a reassuring smile, “We found a blood donor.” She said, “Your son will get the transfusion right now.”

 

Jimin’s eyes widened, “Really?” he asked in a mix of disbelief and relief.

 

The nurse nodded, “You should thank your brother in law.” She said with a smile and Jimin’s heart almost skipped a beat.

 

“My…my brother in law?”

 

The nurse nodded.

 

“Where is he?” Jimin asked.

 

“He was down the hall, at the doctor’s office.” She said and Jimin found himself walking in that direction in a hurried pace.

 

When he got there, he knocked on the door. Few seconds after, the doctor opened the door and smiled

Please log in to read the full chapter